"I'd Kill To Dance With You" [AND IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE]

10 Things I Hate About You

March came by fast which meant that the annual Spring Dance would be held in this particular month. Students buzzed about, fussing about what to wear, where to shop, the works. It was the second most important event, next to Prom. 

You and Sehun were studying in the library, away from the noisy crowd of students. Instead, the two of you had decided to be laid back about the matter and not fuss around. 

You were picking out books for your assignment from the row of shelved books, with Sehun trailing behind you. 

"Are you sure you don't want to follow me pick out my tux tonight?" Sehun whined. Although he didn't want to fuss about the dance, he still very much would want to go. Especially with a certain someone.

"I told you already, Sehun. I'm busy tonight. I have a lot of work to do. Besides, you can pick it out with your other friends, can't you?" you sighed, picking out the final book before walking to an empty table. You dropped your pile of books on the table and sat down, organizing which to read through first. 

"Oh, come on, SunHee! Since when do you bother to even do your work? And it's the annual spring dance! What part of 'annual' do you not understand?! It only happens once a year!" Sehun stressed. You sighed, fighting back the urge to roll your eyes at your best friend. 

"And what part of 'i'm busy' do you not understand?" you groaned and pinched the bridge of your nose, "Look, Sehun. Don't you have anything else to do? Like find someone to go to the dance with?" 

Sehun's expression changed into a straight face, "I was thinking about asking her. But i'm too scared." 

"Oh?" you raised an eyebrow, suddenly growing interested. "Who is she?"

"Um, i'm not supposed to tell you now. You'll find out soon." Sehun fidgeted in his seat. 

"Tell me. Since when did you learn how to keep secrets from me?" You grew suspicious and squinted your eyes at him. 

"Uh, you know what? I'll pick out my tux with my friends later. I'll see you tomorrow, SunHee!" Sehun said and the next thing you knew, he was out of your sight. 

*What the? I swear, that boy's getting more suspicious each day.* You shook your head and went back to studying. 

---- 

You were rushing to your next class, constantly checking the time on your wrist watch. *Crap, i'm late!* 

It just so happens that right after Sehun left, you had decided to take a break from studying by resting your eyes and true enough, it turns out that you had slept throughout the whole lunch break and missed a bell. The librarian even had to shake you awake. 

You were to busy running towards the study block that you didn't notice someone running in the opposite direction and had bumped into you. Your papers and books went flying about as you prepared to fall face down. Before your skull could crack open, someone had caught you just in time. 

You opened your eyes and looked up to thank your saviour but stopped when you saw that familiar face. "You again?" 

Luhan pouted, "Do you really don't want to see me right now?" 

"Not just now, Luhan. I'd rather not stay and chat. In fact, i'm late for class." you tried to run away from him but he had caught your arm just in time, causing you to be pulled back. You fought back but he was just too strong for you. 

"Who said you could just run away?" Luhan smirked, his grip still firm on you. 

"What do you want, Luhan? Can't you see that i'm running late?! I'm fifteen minutes late now!" you struggled. 

"Come on, I haven't seen you in two weeks. Don't you want to give me a hug?" Luhan stretched out his arms. 

You scoffed and rolled your eyes, "Hug someone like you? I'd rather not." 

Luhan put his arms down dejectedly, "I missed you though." 

"Well I certainly didn't." you crossed your arms. 

"You're lying," Luhan smirked, not giving up. "You're lying so hard, that your face is starting to turn red." 

*It is?* You whipped out your phone and looked into the mirror camera. Luhan chortled, "Made you look." 

You rolled your eyes and stormed away, but only to be pulled back once again. "What do you want?!" 

"Hang out with me this weekend. We can pick out our formal outfit. We can even wear matching colours! We would totally win as hottest couple." Luhan nodded. 

You stood there, with your jaw open. *What nonsense is this guy spouting?!* "What makes you think i'll go to the dance with you?" 

Luhan stopped dreaming and looked at you, "Aren't we supposed to? You're hot, i'm hot, we're perfect for each other!" 

"Obnoxious jerk." you muttered. "Whatever, i'm not going with you anyways." 

"Oh but wouldn't it be great? Me as your date. It'll be every girl's dream here to be going to the dance with me. And here I am, literally asking you, directly to go to the spring dance with me." Luhan sighed. 

"Could have fooled me." you snorted. 

"You know you want to, SunHee. Besides," Luhan zoomed into your face, his lips just next to your ear. "I'd kill to dance with you."

You stood there, not moving a muscle. It took you time to process what was going on but just as you turned around, Luhan had already gone to class. Just then, the bell had rung. 

*I've been here, talking to him for half an hour?! This guy.* Your head spinned as two guys filled your mind. Sehun and Luhan. 

One of them was being too overly suspicious, as if he had commited a crime. While the other one was being an obnoxious jerk, indirectly forcing you to go to the dance with him. 

Whatever it was, you had to think through Luhan's offer many times. 


Super short update, everyone! I have a lot of things to cover in this author's note.

One, I am superbly sorry I had to update this late! But thank you so much for sticking by me. :') 

Two, The reason I haven't been updating was because I have been plagiarized. Yes, this story which only contains four chapters, had been plagiarized by someone who didn't even give credit to me for taking this story. He/She had copy pasted these four chapters into a facebook account and translated this story in tagalog. I want to thank that reader who had informed me about this matter. Well now I have managed to make her/him take down that story. 

And lastly, I have been very busy with school work and stuff. I'm so sorry guise ):

But I still hope all of you will continue supporting this fic until the very end! I promise there'll be more updates for now! 

Until the next update, annyeong :3