Graduation

10 Things I Hate About You

The next morning, you woke up with a smile, which was very rare for you. The main reasons were one, it was graduation. The day the seniors of SM Academy would finally be labelled as high school graduates. Two, last night had got you blushing non-stop as you stared at the ceiling. Sehun had left the moment you closed your eyes to sleep. Sure, it made you a little disappointed but you knew he had to get back to his room or Luhan would suspect something. 

"Graduation..." You muttered as you stared at the ceiling a little longer. "Graduation.." You sighed as you draped your arm over your head. You looked at the wall clock and gasped, "Graduation!" 

You got up and draped your blanket over you. *Two more hours till the ceremony starts! Oh, why didn't I set an alarm for an important day like this?!* You gathered your toiletries and dashed for the washroom, hoping to get a cubicle before all the girls. 

---

You stretched as you made your way back to your room as you hadn't gotten enough stretching because of the rush in the morning. You walked past groups of girls deciding what hairstyle to sport as they were going to get their pictures taken when they receive the certificate. 

Just as you sat down on the couch, your phone buzzed, signalling you had a text message. You looked at the sender. *Unknown number?* 

From: Unknown Number

Our beautiful SunHee, you're graduating today! Always know that your mother and I are very proud of you. Even if we're not there to cheer you on, your mother and I are here in Taiwan, cheering our beautiful daughter on. No matter what results, we will still be happy for you, very much. Think you can make it to be valedictorian? Let's see, shall we? Fighting, our SunHee! - Appa

*Oh, right. They're still in Taiwan.* You chuckled at the cute message your father had sent you and replied back, promising that you'll tell them everything. You looked around and smiled. *Soon, this room will no longer be Lee SunHee's. Memories.* 

You stood in front of the mirror and sighed. You had changed into the familiar plaid skirt and yellow blazer that you have worn for the past three years. You smiled wistfully. *I can't believe this will be the last day I'll be wearing this.* You shook your body to get rid of the goosebumps and started braiding your hair. You saw your bed from your peripheral view and hummed. *I wonder what's Sehun doing right now. Perhaps getting ready?*

You tied off the knot with hair ties and placed the braids to the front. You nodded at the mirror. *Final day as high schooler Lee SunHee.*

--- 

You nervously played with your fingers as you made your way to the gym. Many seniors were with their parents at the sides of the gym. You suddenly felt a pang of loneliness. You sighed. *I wish my parents were here too.* 

"Hey, what's with the long face, beautiful?" a voice came from behind you. You spun around, with wide eyes. You recognized the boy and smiled, "You scared me for a moment, Luhan." 

Luhan chuckled and shrugged coolly with his hands in his pockets. He looked at you up and down, "You're looking rather stunning today, Lee SunHee." 

You looked at Luhan with a raised eyebrow and shook your head with a smile, "You don't look too bad too, Luhan." 

"Don't I?" Luhan smirked and raked his fingers through his hair. You gasped. "Luhan! You're supposed to look neat on graduation!" 

"Oh, really?" Luhan asked. He then stooped down a bit to your height, "Then would Miss Lee SunHee like to do the honours and touch my hair to make it neater." 

You were about to shoot a comeback when you realized that he was pulling your leg. *Ah, what the heck.* You decided to play along, "Why, of course, great Prince Luhan. I would love to do the honours." 

Luhan chuckled as you got on your tip toes to flatten some of his hair but at the same time, not too flat or he'll lose the charm on one of his handsome features. His golden hair that he had sported since sophomore year. 

"Anyway, do you have any idea where Sehun is?" You asked as you got your heel back on the floor. Luhan straightened up, "No, actually. He didn't return last night. I thought he was with you or something." 

"He didn't return?" You asked, bewildered. *If Sehun didn't return to his room last night, then where would he go since his uniform is at his room?* 

"Wait, I take it that you weren't with him last night?" Luhan asked. 

You shook out of your trance, "U-Uh, it's not that he wasn't with me last night. He just didn't sleep over. I thought he went back to his room." 

"Huh," Luhan chuckled in disbelief. He scratched his head, confused. "I wonder where this kid has gone to." 

Just then, all the teachers called for the seniors to be gathered in the gym. You and Luhan looked at each other and shrugged, walking to the gym together. It was filled with families from different students. Even some of the freshmen, sophomores and juniors had attended to cheer on their favourite seniors. Or maybe just Luhan, you thought.

The two of you were seperated as the classes were divided. You took a seat that was addressed to you and looked at the vacant seat next to yours. You furrowed your eyebrows. *Isn't this supposed to be Sehun's seat?* You took a glance at the name stand and widened your eyes. 

Reserved for Oh Sehun.

You looked around. *Why is he not here yet?! The ceremony's going to start any minute!* While searching, your eyes landed on Luhan who was seated two rows ahead of you. At that precise moment, he turned around and gave you a thumbs up while mouthing, 'Chin up. Don't be sad.' 

You smiled at him. Only some of your worries had died down. Yet, you were still worried of what could've happened to Sehun. *What if he bumped into trouble? What is he got taken away? Or worse, what if he's hurt?* Your train of thoughts were broken as the principal tapped the microphone. 

"Good morning, fellow students and their families. I'm Principal Oh. Welcome to the Graduation Ceremony of the seniors of SM Academy 2012." The principal greeted. Claps erupted from the families as they witnessed the man in the suit on stage give out a speech. 

You secretly took out your phone to text message Sehun. But just as you were about to open a new message, your phone buzzed. There was a new message. It was, again, from an unknown number. 

From: Unknown Number

Keep your head up, good luck and don't forget to smile. I'll always love you, too. I'm so proud of you.

*Who is this? What do they mean, "too"? Is it Mom or Dad?* Your forehead creased. Who was this unknown sender? If it was one of your parents, they for sure would've said it was either one of them at the end of the message. You tucked your phone away as one of the teachers sent a warning glare at you. 

"...And now, we would like to commence the ceremony." The principal started, making you look up. "Starting from the first class, Kim TaeWoo..." The audience clapped as the first person from Luhan's class received his certificate of completion of high school.

*It started! Where on Earth is Sehun?!* You looked around while listening to the principal talk about Taejun's achievements.

The list of names went on and on until it was down to the last person from the first class. 

"And last but definitely not least, Lu Han." The girls from the lower years cheered and clapped loudly for their favourite oppa. Principal Oh smiled at Luhan before handing over the certificate to him with the shake of hands. He turned to the microphone on the podium, "Lu Han here has achieved the Best In the Major Subjects. He was also appointed as Class Presidents but unfortunately, being the considerate person he is, he decided to give other peers a chance. Another round of applause for Lu Han, please." 

Once the applauses halted, Principal Oh tapped the mic again. He cleared his throat, "Now, for the second class, starting from Lee Nari." 

It went on again and you were still searching for Sehun. *It's down to our class already. Oh my.* 

"..And last but not least, Lee SunHee." Some boys from the other years whooped at your name. You blushed as you stood up but stopped short when Sehun's name was not mentioned by the principal. You were about to ask why when Principal Oh spoke in the mic, "Miss Lee SunHee, are you okay? Please come up to the stage to collect your certificate." 

"A-Ah, I'm so sorry." You stuttered and made your way towards the stage. As you climbed up the stairs, you heard Luhan supportively exclaimed, "Whoop! Go Lee SunHee! You're the best!" 

Your cheeks pinked. You shook hands with the principal. You were about to go down the steps when the principal said something that surprised every single thing in your body. 

"Not only that, Miss Lee SunHee has also achieved the award for Valedictorian of 2012! A round of applause for her, everybody!" 

You stood there, shocked as the audience gave a standing ovation for you. Your jaw dropped as fragile scholarship certificate that was placed in a glass frame came into view. 

"As a tradition for every Valedictorian of SM Academy, they get a full scholarship to study abroad in one of the most prestigious universities in the United States of America! Please, say a speech, Miss Lee SunHee." Principal Oh handed the glass-cased scholarship certificate over to you. 

Your mouth moved but no words came out. Your cheeks pinked. All the blood had risen up to your face, making you look as red as a tomato. Your eyes scanned the crowd and eventually saw Luhan putting up a thumbs up and mouthing, "Make everyone proud, Lee SunHee!" 

"First, I-I'd like to thank everyone that stuck by me a-and making me turn i-into a better person. My parents, my teachers and last but definitely not least," You looked over at Luhan and winked. "My best friends."

Luhan grinned, his eyes turning glassy. He looked down. *Don't cry, Luhan. Be proud of her. Be proud of Lee SunHee, the best thing that's ever happened to you.* 

"-And thank you so much to everyone that had faith in me since the starting of the years I had in this academy. Thank you so much, once again." You bowed to the audience and Principal Oh. The audience applauded once again, cheering at your speech. You went down the steps, practically glowing. *Mom, Dad, I made it.* 

"All right, that concludes our ceremony. Good luck to all the seniors and take care while in your higher studies. Thank you." Principal Oh bowed. 

Everyone got out of their seats and congratulated one another. Families were practically crying tears of joy for their loved ones. 

You looked at all the families and grew wistful. You sighed. *Sehun, where are you when I need you the most?* 

"Congratulations, valedictorian! I knew you could do it!" Luhan hugged you from behind. Normally, you would've smacked the living daylights out of him but for today, you let it go. 

You turned around and hugged Luhan tightly. You rested your head at the crook of his neck, "Thank you so much for believing in me, Luhan."

"Hey," Luhan pulled away and looked into your eyes with his own gentle ones, "I always believed in you." 

You giggled and hugged him once again. "I'm sorry I ever doubted you."

"It's okay, SunHee." Luhan chuckled and patted your back. He pulled away and draped an arm around your shoulders, "So studying abroad it is?" 

"Ye-" You were about to say yes when you saw Principal Oh walking past. *Sehun!* You remembered. You handed over your certificates to Luhan and jogged towards Principal Oh and caught up with him. "Principal Oh!" 

Principal Oh spun around. "Hm? Miss Lee SunHee?" 

"I have something to ask you, Principal Oh." You panted. 

"Aigoo. Catch your breath first, Miss Lee. I have time." Principal Oh smiled down at you. 

You composed yourself and rubbed your nape, "Principal Oh, I was asking. Why wasn't Sehun's name mentioned? You know, Oh Sehun? My classmate?" 

Principal Oh's eyes widened. He then looked around nervously. "Ah, Miss Lee, I'm afraid I can't tell any information about Oh Sehun to anyone right now. It's confidential." He turned to go but you held onto his hand, "Principal Oh. Please. I have the right to know.. I'm his... I'm his girlfriend." 

Principal Oh sighed. He turned to you and placed a comforting hand on your shoulder, "I know, Miss Lee. That is why I cannot tell you. Sehun told me himself not to tell you. I'm so sorry." 

With that, Principal Oh walked away. Your hand dropped to your side, dejected. Tears welled up in your eyes. *Sehun's hiding stuff from me? After last night when he told me he loved me so much?*

A hand comfortingly squeezed your shoulder and brought you into a tight hug. You sobbed uncontrollably. "L-Luhan. H-He said he'd never keep stuff from me. Why, Luhan, Why?" *After I told you I loved you. After I gave myself to you. Why now, Oh Sehun? Don't you love me anymore? You abandoned me, left me hanging when I needed you the most. But at the same time, I can't hate you because.. because I love you too much.* Your heart ached from sobbing and crying into Luhan's chest. The families mistook it as tears of joy but they were dead wrong.

*Why aren't you here to be happy for me? It's bad enough that my parents aren't here, now you? What on Earth is going on, Oh Sehun? You said you would never hurt me but look at what's happening now. I can't hate you now. I love you. Too much that it hurts.* You thought, your heart ripping into pieces. 


Oh no )': What a heartbreaking chapter. D: Sehun has yet to tell you what he was actually hiding. Poor you, getting your heart ripped all over again. 

But look on the bright side! You achieved the title as Valedictorian! Full scholarship to the States? Heck yes! But what will happen to Sehun?What will happen between you and Luhan now? Subscribe and comment! 

Until the next chapter, ppyong!~