Realization

10 Things I Hate About You

The following days were nothing but misery for you. You skipped meals, couldn't sleep and didn't even bother to open a single textbook. It was as if the news had out the life out of you. That day at school, you had even been excused out of class and to the infirmary because you looked too pale. 

You scoffed as you opened the door of the empty infirmary. *What's the purpose of this useless room if there's no nurse?* You looked around the room and spotted a small bottle of aspirins on the desk. You took the bottle and stuffed it in your blazer. You walked out of the infirmary and took out your permission slip for skipping the rest of the day. You smirked. *Maybe some alone time for myself is just what I need.*

------

You were at a clothing store in the mall, browsing through racks of women clothing with strawberry bubble tea in one hand. You hadn't gotten time to go shopping so you went back to the dorm, took some money and sneaked out of the academy. Luckily, the security guard was dozing off and you were fast enough to pass through. 

"I'll take this." You smiled at the cashier as she scanned the sweater you payed for and placed it in a paper bag. You got out your money and paid. 

Bleep! Bleep!

You sighed and took out your phone. 

From: Sehunnie 

Sunshine! Where are you now? Are you okay? I'm lonely ㅠ_

You chuckled. *Oh Sehun, you baby.* You bit your lip as you pondered whether or not to tell him exactly where you were. *But then again, I'm having time for myself.* You sighed as you placed your phone back into your blazer pocket. You went out of the shop, carrying the paper bag along with you. You continued to stroll in the mall, eyeing the clothing on sale in different stores. 

Bleep! Bleep! Your phone buzzed again.

You your teeth in frustration as you took out your phone. *Aish, Sehun you-*

Your eyes widened as your eyes fell on the contact name. Your fingers trembled as you opened the message. 

From: Devil-han 

Yah, Lee SunHee, what on earth happened to you? Sehun said you were excused for the rest of the day because you looked pale. Did you not take care of yourself?! You're driving me crazy, you know. I know you're not at the dorm, Lee SunHee! Just be safe, arasso? Aish, you're making me worried when I shouldn't be. >< 

*He's worrying as if he's my mother.* You rolled your eyes. But you had to admit, that message made your heart beat like mad. You couldn't stop your heart from beating so fast. As much as you hated him, he had an effect on you that made you into a different person. 

You shook your head fervently. *No, I shouldn't be like this. You hate him, Lee SunHee!* 

--- 

You were sitting on your couch, dressed in pyjamas already. You didn't want to tire yourself and possibly collapse in the middle of a shopping mall so you headed back to the dorm, took some aspirin and settled down on your couch. 

You kicked your legs as you waited for your head to become drowsy enough so you could fall asleep. Just then, the door flung open. You looked at the door with wide eyes and inwardly gasped as you saw a furious Luhan storming towards you, still in his uniform.

Luhan stopped infront of your couch and placed his hands on his hips. "Yah, Lee SunHee! Are you out of your mind?!" 

"What?" You shrugged. You were genuinely confused why he was infront of you, looking as if he was going to explode. 

Luhan sighed and plopped onto the couch, next to you. "Why, SunHee-ah? Why aren't you taking care of yourself?" 

You furrowed your eyebrows, "What do you mean? I take perfect care of myself." 

"No, you don't!" Luhan sat up, looking into your eyes. You looked back, unfazed. Luhan frowned and pressed the back of his hand onto your forehead, "You were excused from school because you're sick! You call that taking care of yourself?! You're not a baby, Lee SunHee!" 

"Yah!" You smacked Luhan's hand off, glaring at him, "First of all, who are you to come storming in and telling me how to take care of myself?! And second, when do you ever care?!" 

"I always cared! You're ruining your body by not eating or sleeping!" Luhan yelled. 

You stared at him, taken aback. *He dares to shout at me while i'm sick!* You glared at him then looked at the ground. "Get out." 

"What?" Luhan looked at you, his eyes wide. 

"I said get out!" You shot up. Your hands were balled into fists. 

Luhan got up and reached for you, "SunHee-ah, I-" 

"No," You stepped back and spitefully glared at him. "You're telling me to take care of myself when you're the cause of everything, Luhan! How do you expect me to take care of myself when you're making everything so hard for me?! Tell me, Luhan!" 

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows, "I don't know what you're talking about." 

"I don't care." You glared at him. You stepped closer to him, both your bodies barely touching. 

"Just get out and don't bother coming back because I sure as hell can take care of myself." You whispered, venom dripping from the sound of your voice. 

Luhan nodded and looked at you, "I'll go. I won't come back because you definitely won't want me to anyway." 

Luhan walked towards the door and looked back at you, "I always cared, SunHee." Then, he walked out of your room. 

You waited for him to shut the door. Then at the moment the door closed, you broke down. Your body slumped towards the floor, your tears hitting the carpetted floor. 

*Luhan.* Your heart hurt at his name. You disgusted yourself for even turning back into the person you hated to be. 

Your hands found your phone on your couch. Your trembling fingers dialled Sehun's number. 

"Yoboseyo?" 

"S-Sehun-ah.. Come by my room now, please." You sobbed into the phone. "I need you." 

--- 

You were lying down on your bed, your tears drying up on the pillow as you waited for Sehun. 

"SunHee-ah!" Sehun burst into your room, shutting the door behind him. He sat by your bed and examined your face. 

"Oh, sunshine, what happened?" Sehun muttered as he wiped away the remaining tears on your face. 

You slowly sat up and looked at him. Sehun stared at you back, waiting for an answer. 

"I'm a horrible person, Sehun." You cried, your tears rolling down your cheeks again. Sehun panicked and quickly wiped your tears with his sweater. 

"No, you're not, sunshine." Sehun sighed. He cupped your face, "You're never horrible." 

"I am," You shook your head, in denial. "I pushed away the person that I loved the most, Sehun." 

Sehun's face fell. That's when it hit him. He bit his lip to cover up his heartbroken expression. 

"You.. You're in love with him, aren't you?" Sehun sadly muttered. 

You nodded. Realization just slapped you across the face, bringing you into reality. You sadly looked down, "Sehun, I thought I wouldn't be her anymore. I thought I wasn't vulnerable anymore. I thought I was strong. I thought.. I thought I hated him." 

Sehun just hushed you and placed your head onto his shoulder. He laid his head on top of yours, " happens, SunHee." 

"I'm so sorry, Sehun." You cried into his shoulder. *I'm so sorry for hurting you. I'm such a horrible person, I know it.* 

Sehun shook his head, tears rolling down his cheeks, "I'm here, SunHee. I'll always be here. I'll be right next to you and I'll protect you." *Even if it means I'll be heartbroken for a long while, I'll be here.* 


I'm sobbing so hard while writing this chapter, guys. ):