Give Me A Chance

10 Things I Hate About You

Another week passed by smoothly. You had forgotten about the Luhan and Aeri ordeal and decided to focus more on your studies as the finals were nearing quickly. By then, the library had already become your second home. You were too busy stuffing your whole face into the books that you ignored every other living thing. Your phone was turned off mostly every day and every time Sehun tried to talk to you during class, either you wouldn't be listening or just zoning out. 

It was a Friday afternoon and you were still solving a few math problems. Your hand worked fast as you pressed on the buttons of the calculator while writing down the solutions. 

You dropped your pen and groaned as you massaged your temples. *I can't wait to graduate and get out of here.* 

A cup of coffee appeared infront of you. You looked up and widened your eyes. *Why is he here?* 

"You skipped lunch today." Luhan quietly muttered. 

You looked down at your math book, "I didn't have an appetite. Not for a while since I was too busy studying." 

"Still," Luhan sat down beside you and looked at your problem. "It's wrong." 

You gave him a look, "Well excuse me for not being perfect in Math." 

Luhan chuckled and shifted closer, taking your pen and wrote down a different formula. He explained the problem, while pointing out what you did wrong. 

None of his explanation went inside your head. You were too focused on his arm that was draped on the top rail of your chair. Your cheeks turned hot as Luhan faced you, realizing that his face was too close. 

"Get it?" Luhan asked. 

You didn't want to say no, or else he would think you're wasting his time on purpose. "Y-Yes. Thank you." 

"No problem." Luhan flashed a wide smile. He shifted back to his original position and leaned back in the chair. 

You cleared your throat, "Not to be rude but what are you doing here?" 

Luhan shrugged, "I just wanted to know how you're doing. We barely talked now and it'd be nice to know if you're doing good or not." 

You tried your best not to roll your eyes. *We barely talked because your devil of a girlfriend is always clinging onto you.* "I'm fine." You looked around. You spotted a bracelet on his wrist and raised an eyebrow. *He wears jewellery?* 

"What's that?" You asked and nodded at his wrist. 

Luhan looked down. He lifted his wrist, "Oh, this? It's from Aeri." 

You nodded. *Should've known.* "What's it for?" 

Luhan shrugged as he played with the bracelet, "She just gave me and said whenever I looked at this, it would remind me of her." You shook your head and chuckled. 

Luhan looked up at you, "What's so funny?" 

You shook your head, "It's nothing. It's just that you don't wear jewellery. Remember? Every time I showed you something that glimmers, you would push it away." 

Luhan stared at you and softened. *She remembers that I hated jewellery? Of course she would, she knew everything about me.* "Well, this is special." 

You nodded with a teasing smile, "Of course." 

"Yah, don't you believe me?" Luhan lightly shoved you and pouted. 

You looked at him with a daring look. "Did you just.. shove me?" 

Luhan stared at you wide-eyed and scooted back in his chair, "Uh-oh." 

You shoved him back with all the strength you mustered up until he stumbled back. He was this close to falling over from his chair. You laughed as he tried to get back up but instead ended up falling on the floor. 

Little did you know, a jealous figure was watching you from the back shelves of the library. 

Sehun frowned. *She's wavering.* 

---- 

You were sitting cross-legged on your couch while reading a literature book. The television was on with soft voices coming from the show it was playing. You yawned and looked at the clock. *8:30pm. I can't sleep now, I still have more to study.* 

You were about to doze off when a soft knock came on your door. You got up and looked through the peephole. *Sehun?* You opened the door and saw Sehun with a sheepish smile. 

"Luhan hyung and Aeri are, um, spit swapping so I thought I'd come here." Sehun rubbed the back of his neck. 

*I wouldn't blame him.* You shuddered when he said that. "C-Come in." 

Sehun came in and sat on your couch. You closed the door behind you and sat beside him. You pulled your knees to your chest, with your literature book on your knees. 

"Do whatever you want, Sehun. I'll just be reading." You said and focused on your reading. 

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you about something." Sehun took your book out of your hands. You gave him a confused look. "What is it?" 

Sehun inhaled deeply and looked into your eyes. "Sunshine, I know you said you want nothing to do with Luhan hyung anymore. And I totally support you but from the looks of it, it seems like you're not exactly doing what you said." 

"What do you mean?" You furrowed your eyebrows. 

"What I meant was," Sehun sighed, "I think you're still in love with Luhan hyung." 

You were slightly taken aback. You stared at Sehun incredulously. *Is that true?* 

"I know, sunshine." Sehun sadly muttered. "I know the look in your eyes when you're in love with somebody and it seems to me that those eyes are only for Luhan hyung." 

"That's not true!" You blurted. You cupped your mouth. *Why did I say that?!* Was it because you didn't want to hurt Sehun anymore further? Or was it something else? 

Sehun looked at you with an inquiring look. "W-What?" 

You sighed and took his hands, giving them a squeeze. "That's not true, Sehun, and you know it. I, Lee SunHee, am totally over Luhan. He will forever be a past memory to me and there's nothing that can stop that. So you won't have to worry about that anymore." 

Sehun pouted, "I just wish it was real." 

"What was that?" You raised an eyebrow. 

Sehun sadly looked at you, "Sunshine, I've been meaning to say this but I just don't seem to have the courage that Luhan hyung has. He always outshine everyone, even me. He has the looks, the brains and the heart. I have nothing. He makes you happy while I'm always the second option. Everyone knows that in a snap, Luhan hyung would always be first. Sure, he made you happy last time but why not look at other guys now? Especially one that is right infront of you?" 

You stared at Sehun with wide eyes. *I-Is Sehun... directly confessing?* "What are you trying to say, Sehun?" 

"What I'm saying is," It was Sehun's turn to clutch on to your small hands. "Why don't you give me a chance?" 

You wanted to faint right there and then. Your best friend who has known you for three years was actually directly confessing to you! *Why, oh, why is my life so complicated with two extremely good looking guys in it?* 

Sehun soon gave up as he mistook your silence for a no. He let go of your hands. "Oh, well, I kind of expected this to happen. Of course, Sehun loses and Luhan hyung always wins. Again. God damn it, it's so unfair......" He blabbered on and on. 

You softly smiled at Sehun who was talking non-stop. *He may be my best friend but best friends can turn into your life partners, right?* You stared at Sehun who was blabbering nonsence. *Ah, what the heck. Why not?* 

"...And he always gets the girls! Am I that unattractive- MMPF!" Sehun was cut off by your lips crashing onto his. His eyes widened in shock as the girl he has loved for three years kissed him full on the lips. Soon, his eyes fluttered close and found himself kissing you back. 

The kiss soon turned passionate and you slightly opened your mouth to let him slip his tongue in. Your tongues danced as you fell back on the couch. Sehun's hands found your hips and wrapped itself around your waist. 

The two of you parted, breathless. You stared into Sehun's chocolate brown eyes and smiled shyly. "I think I found my happiness too." 

Sehun and you let out jovial laughter. You hugged Sehun and wrapped your legs around his waist while lying down. You sighed. *This just might be the best decision I ever made.* You smiled widely as the thought of sharing your first kiss with the person who had known you the longest. *Best friends definitely can be lovers.* 


KYAAA! SeHee or HunHee shippers anyone? ;) Don't worry, SunHan shippers! It's just getting better >:D 

Let's just be happy that both SunHee and Sehun are happy now, shall we? And Luhan x Aeri seems to be just fine 8D 

 

 

 

.... or are they? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! >:D /retarded laughing/

Until the next chapter, ppyong!~