Entry 7 | You

10 Things I Hate About You

Entry 7

I hate how he's always getting his heart broken. 

---

Morning came. The sun rays seeped through the spaces of the curtains. For the first time in many weeks, it wasn't raining in the early morning. It was a Friday morning but because you had completed the exams, school was over. For now.

The bright light hit your eye, waking you up instantly. You hissed and drew up your covers over your head like a vampire recoiling from the sun. 

Buzz. 

The sound made your ears perk up with your eyes still closed. 

Buzz. Buzz.

"Hmphff." You mumbled from underneath your covers. Your hand stretched out to your bedside table and grabbed your buzzing phone. You slightly lifted up your blanket and checked the time on your phone. *Who calls on a Friday morning at 7 AM?!* You looked at the caller ID and grumbled. *Why, Mom?* 

You sighed and picked up, "Hello?" 

"SunHee-ah! Finally, you pick up my calls. I thought you were sick, or worse, suffering a disease!" 

"Yes, Mom, I'm here now. What is it?" You groggily said while rubbing your eyes. Your voice came out lower and husky, worrying your mother more than ever. 

"SunHee-ah, why is your voice like that? You sound like a boy, sweetheart."

"It's nothing. I just had a rough night. I was really tired." You yawned.

There was silence on the line for a while. You could hear a commotion in the background. "Mom?" 

"Oh my. SunHee, my darling, are you... ually active?" 

That question made your eyes wide. You cleared your throat, "No, Mom! I'm not having with anyone!" 

Just then, a long and slender arm wrapped itself around your waist. You glanced back behind your shoulder and suddenly remembered. *Oh yeah, Sehun slept over.* Ever since what happened the past week with Luhan, Sehun often slept over in your room to avoid being awkward with his "best friend".

"Hmm, sunshine, what's the matter?" Sehun sleepily asked. His voice came out husky and y, making your cheeks turn a deeper shade of red. 

"N-Nothing, just on the phone with my mother." You lulled him back to sleep. Sehun nuzzled into your hair and went back to sleep. 

"Good, because I don't want any grandchildren when your father and I come back from Taiwan next week." 

You raised an eyebrow, "Taiwan?" 

"For business, sweetie. You can take care of yourself, right? We'll give you money so just come home to collect it. We'd love to take you along but we'll be working day and night. We promise we'll take you to someplace more fun, okay?" 

"Hm, okay. I'll just come by. Be safe in Taiwan." 

"We'll come back as soon as we're finished. We love you, darling." 

"Love you too." You muttered and hung up. You didn't know why but you suddenly felt sad. You hadn't felt this way before you had dinner with your parents that night. You sighed. If only Sehun spoke a little louder, your mother would've thought you really were ually active. 

*Speaking about Sehun.* You turned around so that you were facing him. Sehun had outstanding facial features. He had a gorgeous jaw line, a cute nose and soft, pink lips. You wondered why he hadn't had a girlfriend before besides you. 

"Sunshine, you know I love you but staring isn't going to make me more handsome." Sehun spoke, his eyes still closed. 

You chuckled and lightly hit his chest as you sat up. "Self praising, are we?" You yelped as Sehun pulled you back down and puckered up, "Where's my morning kiss?" 

"Brush your teeth first, silly." You pushed him away and stood up, straightening out your pyjamas. Sehun was still lying down, his lips turned into a pout. 

"You're mean, you know that?" Sehun harrumphed and got off the bed. You were tying up your hair into a ponytail when Sehun wrapped his arms around your waist with his chin on your shoulder. 

"You should've thought of that before we started dating~" You mused. You tried to pry his arms off of you but instead, he tightened his hold on you. "Sehun, come on. I need to wash up." 

"Would it kill you to call me 'oppa' for once? I'm older than you." Sehun whined. You sighed and turned around so that your bodies were against each other. You smirked, "I'm obviously the more mature one in this relationship so I don't see why there's a need for me to be all over you and go, "Oppa, I'm hungry!". You wouldn't want that, would you?" 

Sehun tried to picture you from the mature and independent woman you are, to a girl with pig tails and a lollipop in one hand while curling your hair with a finger. Sehun shuddered. *She would be exactly like Aeri then.*

You saw Sehun's reaction and chuckled. *Just as what I thought.* You pulled away from Sehun's grip and gathered your toiletries. "I'll be back~" 

Sehun's lips curved up into a smile. He pretended to be a sultry lady and teasingly laid down on your bed. "I'll be waiting~" 

You looked at him incredulously and shook your head. *Silly Sehun.* 

---- 

"Agasshi, we're here." the taxi driver informed you. You thanked him and paid the fare before stepping out of the cab. 

You walked to the doorstep and took a look inside from the windows. *Looks like they left already.* You took out the spare key your mother gave you and slotted the key into the keyhole. 

The familiar warmth of your house washed over you, instantly making you feel homesick. You delicately brushed your fingertips against the walls of your home. 

Your phone buzzed in your pocket. You fished it out and saw the text message icon blinking. 

From: Umma <3

SunHee, darling, your father and I have already boarded the plane. The money is on the kitchen counter. Feel free to stay there for the time being. Take care, okay? We love you! 

You chuckled and replied back, telling them to have a safe journey. You saw a wad of cash notes on the table. You inwardly gasped. *Oh my. They're only going to Taiwan for a week but it seems as if they'll be living there for years!* You took half of the money and placed them in your pocket. You looked around and pondered. *It won't be wrong if I stayed here for a bit, right?* 

--- 

You were going through an album of pictures you found underneath your bed. You chuckled as you got on to another page, only to be filled up with more pictures of you and your infamous pink braces. 

Before you know it, you were already at the last page. Your eyes fell on a particular polaroid. Your eyes softened as you took the picture out of the plastic holder. It was a picture of you and Luhan making a heart. Luhan made a half heart with his left arm while you did the same with your right arm. You suddenly felt nostalgic while staring at the picture. You hadn't noticed how he looked at you in the picture. The same loving eyes he gave you till this very moment. *I liked him too.* 

You shook your head, preventing yourself from letting your guard down. *No, SunHee. You're with Sehun now. He makes you happy, not Luhan.* You shut the album and placed it back under your bed. You looked around and saw the same framed picture on your bedside table. It was exactly where you had left it. You picked it up and smiled at the memory of being best friends with Sehun and Luhan. 

The three of you were exactly like the three musketeers. If one of you were happy, the other two would be too. If one of you were sad, the other two would be too. The three of you did everything together. Had lunch, went home and even got in trouble altogether. Everyone thought the three of you were inseperable. The three of you even went to the Spring Dance during sophomore year with each other because you thought "dates are so overrated". Of course, the night carried on with Sehun and Luhan taking turns each to have a dance with you. 

All of those happy moments came to an end when Luhan got his first girlfriend during the first few weeks of junior year. Coincidentally, it was the day you decided to confess your crush on Luhan. Unfortunately, things didn't go as planned, resulting in you getting your heartbroken and Luhan to lose one of his best friends. 

You hugged the picture close to your heart and smiled in content. *Even if we're not the three musketeers anymore, I will still treasure this picture till the day I die.* 

The peaceful silence was interrupted by your phone ringing. You put the frame on your lap and picked up without looking at the caller ID, "Hello?" 

You heard a crash in the background and cries. It sounded like a male's voice. 

"Hello? Anybody?" You were starting to get frustrated. Who would call you and make a ruckus by breaking things and crying in the background?

All your anger was put aside when you heard your name. "S-SunHee..." 

You recognized the voice right away. Your eyes widened, "Luhan? Is that you? Why are you crying?" 

"SunHee. I need you. Wherever you are, please, come to my room. I-I need you." 

You were starting to get worried. "Luhan, what happened?!" 

"Just come, please. I need you-" The line was cut short after you heard a loud thud. You immediately stood up and rushed out of the room and out of your house, leaving the framed picture on the cold floor. 

---

"Luhan?!" You burst into Luhan's room. Your eyes widened at the view infront of you. Half of the room was wrecked. All the glass ornaments that was on Luhan's display shelf were all shattered to pieces on the floor. Luhan's bookshelves were all slanted, which explains why all his books were on the ground. All his wooden artifacts that he worked so hard on were broken in two or just in pieces. Last but not least, Luhan was on the floor, with papers covering him. 

You rushed over to his side and shook him, "Luhan? Luhan, wake up!" You moved the papers aside and patted his blotchy face. His cheeks were red from crying too much. His lips were split and his hair was disheveled. 

"Luhan, wake up! Come on!" You shook him awake. Luhan grunted and opened his eyes that were bloodshot. He looked up at you and reached for your face. "SunHee.. Y-You came." 

You held him up by his shoulders. You leaned him on the side of the bed and searched his face. "Luhan, tell me what happened." 

Luhan started tearing up again. "SunHee, I know I said I regretted saying yes to her. But... I still love her, you know? And now.." 

You still couldn't make out what he was saying. You cupped his face and slightly shook him. "Tell me, Luhan." 

"She cheated on me, SunHee." Luhan started sobbing. He shook his head in despair, "I thought of surprising her but when I went to her room, she.. she was on her bed with another douchebag, making out as if that was the last thing she's going to do. No wonder she's been avoiding me." 

You slightly gasped. You definitely knew who Luhan was talking about. How could Aeri, the girl who seemed like she was so obsessed with Luhan, cheat on him? 

"I guess this is karma." Luhan continued blubbering. "This is karma for.. for loving someone else while I have a girlfriend." 

You wrapped your arms around Luhan. You felt bad for him. He was miserable. He was suffering. Yet, you couldn't make him happy but granting the one wish that would make him feel one thousand times better. By being with him. You felt bad. *I'm so sorry, Luhan. I'm with Sehun now. The only thing I can do is comfort you.* 

You soothed Luhan from crying by rubbing his arms. Luhan's head was on your shoulder, wetting your shirt with his non-stop flowing tears. You patted his shoulders continuously. Now, you didn't have the heart to think of Luhan as the jerk who single-handedly made your life miserable, but as the best friend whom you treasured so much two years ago. The anger you had reserved all this while filled you up. Your hatred for Aeri burned with passion even more. * is going to pay.* 

Luhan's cries didn't stop yet. You were rocking him side to side to stop him from crying. You felt like a mother, an older sister. Or maybe just the best friend who he had missed so much. 

You smoothed Luhan's hair and whispered. "Even if we're no longer the three musketeers, you're still my best friend." 

 


OHOHOHOHO THE CATFIGHT BETWEEN YOU AND AERI STARTS ON THE NEXT CHAPTER! ARE YOU GUYS READY? :D

Anyways, I'm so sorry I haven't been updating. I was injured because of my recent dance class and I couldn't move for days D: It was excruciating, I tell you. But I'm fine now ^^ More updates! Yay! 

And the sad news, 3 more entries from you and Luhan till this story ends D: 

 

 

 

 

 

KIDDING! 

I might make a sequel or a spin-off but it's just an idea! I'm having so much fun writing this story that I didn't realize it was already the 7th entry! Lol. 

Love you guys! Until the next update, ppyong!~