Entry 9 | Luhan

10 Things I Hate About You

Entry 9

I hate how she's always out of her mind.

---

You were seated in Taehun's car, staring out of the window as trees, houses and all sorts of buildings passed by. As it was still snowing, whenever you breathed out on the window, fog would appear and you would draw stickmen of Sehun and you holding hands, kissing and making hearts. 

"You're quite the artist." Taehun chuckled as he kept his eyes on the road. He had seen you doodling from his peripheral view. 

You chuckled, "It's nothing." 

"Do you miss him?" Taehun asked. You looked at him with an inquiring look. "Sehun?" He nodded. 

Your eyes diverted to your feet, "Of course, I do. I dreamt about him last night. That we were in the same waffle house, eating the usual Strawberry Ice Cream Waffle and occasionally feeding each other. I just miss him so much." 

Taehun nodded, "You do know that if that person appears in your dreams, he or she misses you? So from what you told me, I'm sure Sehun misses you too." 

You gave a feeble smile, feeling a tiny bit better. You looked up at him, "Oppa, do you think he'll get better soon?" Ever since last night, you started calling Taehun 'oppa' and treated him like the brother you never had. 

Taehun sighed and merely glanced at you, "It's cancer, SunHee-ah. It's not likely that people get cancer and miraculously heal the next few days." 

"I know, I know." You looked down, dejected. "I just wish there was something I could do. It was just out of the blue, you know? He was fine the other day before graduation." 

"I know how it feels, SunHee." Taehun stopped at the red light and patted your back. "I was shocked too. In fact, I cried because my baby brother developed Stage 1 cancer. All of us are devastated as you are, SunHee. But this is life. You'll have to accept it and move on." 

"But I can't move on." You muttered. "Christmas is tomorrow. And there's no way I can celebrate it with my parents happily because somewhere, in a hospital, Sehun is dying. I heard the doctor said something. He said that Sehun's case is different. The cancer cells are actually spreading really fast. And he's just a Stage One victim. It's terrible." 

The light turned green and Taehun continued driving, almost reaching the driveway of the hospital. 

"It's indeed terrible. But all we have to do now is pray hard and hope a miracle happens. Okay?" Taehun patted your head and you nodded. "Now, go to the room first. I'll go to the carpark." 

You got out of the car, leaving Taehun to park the car. You walked to the reception and said your name as it was already in the list of visitors, with the help of Taehun. You stepped in the lift and pressed 7. 

You rested your head on the wall of the elevator. You closed your eyes. Without knowing, a few drop of tears escaped your eyes. *All of this is just happening too fast. One moment, we were introducing ourselves as sophomores and now, you're dying, Oh Sehun. How I wish time would slow down just for the two of us.* 

Your mind drifted and before you know it, you were reliving the first time Sehun and you met. 

"All right, class." Your form teacher, Mrs Lee, called out. She pushed up her glasses and scanned the classroom. "I want all of you to break the ice and go around, make new friends and talk. As sophomores, I hope you know half of the people here in the classroom. You will use this period wisely while I go to the restroom first. Don't make any unnecessary noise, students." With that, Mrs Lee left the classroom. 

At once, all of your classmates began walking around the classroom, making new friends in a blink of an eye. It amazed you at how everyone in your class could make friends so easily. Well, everyone but you. 

You looked around as everyone communicated with one another. You glanced to your left and noticed a boy stuffing his whole face in a comic book. You chuckled as the boy laughed at something funny then looked around to see if anyone had noticed. 

You got out of your seat and walked to the timid boy's table. You placed your hand on it and waited for the boy to look up. "Hey." 

The boy looked up, his eyes darting back and forth. He pointed a shaky finger to himself. "A-Are you talking to m-me?" 

"Of course, you dum-dum." You rolled your eyes and chuckled. You grinned, your row of pink braces on display. "Are you reading comics?" 

The boy timidly nodded, slightly intimidated at your cheerful personality. You hummed and snatched the book out of his hands. You scratched your head, "Eh? It's in English!" 

The boy snatched it back out of your hands and frowned cutely, "I know how to read in English, you dimwit. Don't be so ignorant." 

You blinked at the boy, amused at his bipolar attitude. One moment he was shy and timid, the other moment he was being defensive over a comic book which you doubt he'd understand reading. You broke into a smile. *He has the cutest lisp ever.* 

You shrugged and held out your hand. "I'm Lee SunHee." 

The boy looked up from his comic book and raised an eyebrow, "W-Why would you want to be friends with me?" 

"Just because," You smiled. When the boy didn't respond, you sighed and took his hand and placed it in yours. You shook it and grinned, "What's your name?" 

"Oh S-Sehun." He said his name with, yet again, the cute lisp of his. He blushed as your skin came in contact with his. 

"Hello, Oh Sehun. I think your lisp is very cute." You said boldly and giggled. Sehun's cheek turned into a deeper shade of red as his heart thumped against his chest. At that time he knew, that he had a crush on a girl with the cutest pink braces and a bold personality. Not to mention, he called his lisp cute. Who wouldn't fall for someone like that?

"Miss?" a voice called out. You snapped out of your daze and looked forward, realizing that the doors of the elevators had already opened. A man waved a hand infront of your face. "Miss? Is this your floor?" 

"A-Ah, yes. I'm so sorry." You bowed and exited the elevator. You looked around. *Now what was his room number again?* You followed your instincts and turned to your left. You walked ahead and saw the same doctor you have seen yesterday. He was standing outside a room, instructing a female nurse to something. 

"Nurse, I want you to keep an eye on Oh Sehun-sshi from 6:30 pm to 7pm.." You heard the conversation and grinned. *I knew I can trust my instincts.* 

You entered the room and your eyes widened, "Luhan?" 

The familiar boy with the golden hair turned around. His eyes sparkled, "SunHee?" 

"H-How come you're here?" You warily stepped closer. 

"Omonim called me. She told me about Sehun." Luhan looked over at the bed. His eyes turned sad, "God, I wish I could've known earlier." 

"Well, it's too late to say that now, isn't it?" You growled. Luhan exasperatedly sighed and looked at you, "SunHee, I-" 

"You're lucky I found out earlier than you." You glared at Luhan. "What did you say to me? Look at the bright side, huh? Well, tell me, Luhan. What's the ing bright side of this?! I shouldn't have trusted you-" 

"Guys, don't fight." a strained voice came from the bed. You whipped your head to the direction of the voice and gasped. "Baby, you're awake!" 

You sat on the chair provided next to Sehun's bed and clutched onto his hand. You looked at Sehun, your eyes turning watery. Your Sehun was awake. You thanked God for making him live another day. You caressed Sehun's face with a loving smile, "I'm so glad you're awake, Sehun." 

Sehun gave a weak smile, "I'd do anything to see you by my side. Even if it's my last day on Earth." 

"Don't say that." You hushed him and softly pecked his lips. You brushed his bangs to the side and sniffled as tears started to form, "Sehun, I miss you so much." 

"Hey, don't cry, beautiful." Sehun frowned and touched the side of your face. You instinctively placed your hand over his. Sehun slightly chuckled, "I missed you, too, sunshine." 

Your heart ached as he called you by your favourite nickname. You couldn't help it when a lone tear escaped your eye. 

"Aigoo, I said not to cry." Sehun softly chided and wiped the tear away. You looked up at him and sighed, "I'm sorry. I won't cry anymore. It's just that I missed you too much." 

"I know, sunshine, I know." Sehun wheezed and coughed. You saw a glass of water by the bedside table and gave it to Sehun to drink, "Here, Sehun, drink this." 

Sehun gratefully gulped his drink and sighed. You wiped the sides of his mouth with your sleeve and chuckled. "Still so clumsy." 

Sehun his lips and looked between you and Luhan, who had been standing all this while. "Now, what was it that the two of you had been fighting about?" 

"Oh, it's nothing." Luhan sighed and looked at the back of your head. He sadly smiled, "It's just that.. When SunHee here hadn't heard of you for some time, she went all berserk but then I told her to think of the bright side for once but.. I guess that didn't work when she heard of the news yesterday." 

"Yeah. And I've never hated him so much in my life before." You said nonchalantly, making Luhan wince. 

Sehun frowned, "That's no way to treat each other. But first things first, thank you hyung for making sunshine try to think of the bright side. I would never want her to worry so much. And SunHee, even if hyung did something wrong, you should learn to forgive him once in a while."

"But-" 

"Please, sunshine?" Sehun looked up at you hopefully. You sighed and pouted. You couldn't possibly deny those eyes and it would probably be the least you could do to make him happy, considering his state. "Fine, I guess I'll forgive him."

Sehun chuckled and patted your hand, "Good girl." He looked up at Luhan and nodded when Luhan mouthed him a grateful thank you. 

"By the way, are you guys hungry? Taehun oppa brought some food." You asked. Luhan shook his head when Sehun nodded fervently until he stopped short, "Wait, Taehun? You mean my hyung?" 

You nodded, "Taehun oppa and I met each other yesterday before meeting you. He's a great oppa." You exited the room, leaving the two boys by themselves. 

Luhan waited for the door to close and excitedly looked back at Sehun. "Do you think she'll find out?" 

Sehun sat upright and shook his head, "I give props to you, hyung. This will be the best christmas present for sunshine yet." 

Luhan chuckled and patted Sehun's back. "You, my friend, are an evil genius." 


MUAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHA!!! 

LOL! I BET ALL OF YOU ARE NOW LIKE, 

"WHAT IN THE ACTUAL ?! AUTHOR-NIM! /prepares pitchfork/" 

You guys didn't think I'd actually ruin Christmas for you guys, right? ((although it's over)) I didn't want any of my readers to cry on a holiday! 

But anyways! What are the guys actually planning?! Subscribe and comment! 

Until the next trolling update, ppyong!~