08.

I Still Love You

We walked back to class quietly. I knew Insoo didn't like Minhyun's presence, and I didn't either. Minhyun was getting too close to me that I tripped because of my feet. I hit the ground hard. Minhyun and Insoo kneeled down to see if I was okay. I scraped my knees a bit.

 

"Are you okay?" they both asked. They stared at each other then looked at me.

 

"Yeah," I mumbled.

 

"Your knee is bleeding. How are you okay?" Minhyun raised his voice at me. I sort of widened my eyes. He never raised his voice.

 

"It's nothing," I said.

 

"I'll take you to the nurse," Minhyun said.

 

"No, I will," Insoo said. Then they started arguing.

 

"Stop! I'll go by myself," I said.

 

"I want to talk to you and I won't stop bothering you until you do," he said. I sighed.

 

"Insoo, go to class. I'll be there soon," I said.

 

"Okay, noona," he said, sadly. Then he left.

 

"Here. I'll carry you," Minhyun said. He was trying to carry me, but I pushed him away.

 

"No I can walk," I said. But he picked me up either way. When we got to the nurse's room, he gently set me on the bed. We had to wait for the nurse who should be coming back from lunch soon.

 

"I told you I could walk," I said.

 

"And I told you I want to talk, but we don't listen to each other," he said. You glared at him.

 

"Why are you bothering me so much? Why do you care about me? You don't even love me. If you'd leave me alone none of this would have happened," I said.

 

"Don't say that. I do care about you. I don't want to leave you alone. I love you," he said, looking into you eyes.

 

"No, you don't. If it wasn't for you bothering me and Insoo, I'd be in class all happy," I said.

 

"Happy? How? Seeing you cry when you see me?" he asked. I looked away.

 

"Just go back to class. I don't need you," I said.

 

"Not until we talk," he said," meet me after school near the soccer field in that one bench. Please."

 

"Fine," you sighed,"it's the last time you can give me an explanation."

 

"Thank you," he said. He came closer to me and gave me a hug, and kissed my cheek.

 

"Ewww. Get away from me," I said.

 

"You know you want more," he winked.

 

"You are so nasty," you punched him in the shoulder.

 

"Oh!" he said. Then the nurse came in. She stared at us weird, then got over it.

 

"Who's the hurt one?" she asked.

 

"Me," I raised my hand, and pointed at my knee.

 

"Okay, I'll have to disinfect it with alcohol,"  she said. The got a cotton ball and put alcohol on it. Minhyun was holding my hand. She started applying the alcohol. I squeezed him hand tightly. I let go of his hand and the nurse put a band aid on it.

 

"There all done," she said.

 

"Thank you," I said. She nodded, and gave us a note letting them now we were in the nurse's office. We walked back to class. On our way, Minhyun kept trying to hold my hand, but I kept moving it away.

 

"Don't forget," he smiled. He opened the door for me. He came behind me We gave our note to Mr. Kim. He nodded and we went back to our seat. Class went by quickly, the bell rang and everyone was out of the class. Suki, Yuri, and I were still packing up.

 

"Let's go, unnie," Yuri said, heading out of class. I finished packing up.

 

"Uhhh... I'll stay at school for a bit. Here's the key," I said, handing the key to Yuri.

 

"Okay," Suki said. They were going home and I had to stay here.

 

I didn't see Minhyun after the bell rang maybe he was already near the field. I walked to the field and sat on the bench. He wasn't there yet. I waited 10, 20, 30, 40, and then 50 minutes. Maybe he had to do something. He really wanted to talk to me, so he'll be back right? I started doing my homework. I didn't have a lot, I finished it in class. Soon it became 3 hours that I've been waiting there. I decided to wait one more hour, but he still wasn't here. This was the last time, and he wasn't here? I started to cry. I got up slowly and walked home.