10.

I Still Love You

I woke up late. Suki was mad and Yuri was annoyed. Might as well wake up soon or they'll drag me out of the bed.

 

"I'll take a quick shower," I yelled to them.

 

"Okay, but hurry," Suki yelled back. I went to take a shower then got ready for school. Finally, it was Friday. I got out of my room and went to the table where I found some orange juice with toast for me. I quickly ate and then we were out of the house. Yuri and Suki were talking about revenge on Minhyun while I stayed quiet and listened. We got to school, Insoo was waiting by the gates. He was singing to My Little Princess by TVXQ. Then he saw me.

 

"Noona!" he yelled, and ran to me. I gave him a hug.

 

"Hi, Insoo," I said. The bell rung. I didn't want to go to class and see him.

 

I sat in my seat quietly. He was already seated. I looked at him and he didn't even, not for once, look at me.

 

"Yah! Hwang Minhyun! You have some nerve!" Yuri yelled. He looked away, like she wasn't there.

 

"Don't talk to me like your older than me," he said, coldly.

 

"Yuri. What are you doing there just standing? Sit down, you look like a crazy person talking to yourself," I said. I wasn't looking at him anymore. I just felt pain. He did nothing but hurt me. He's a liar and a jerk.

 

"Unnie..." she said.

 

"Yuri, please, people will think you're crazy," I said, looking out the window. Yuri listened to me and sat next to me.

 

"Unnie, we can't ignore him!" Yuri said.

 

"Then let me be ignorant," I said. Mr. Kim came in the classroom.

 

"Quiet, kids. Let's start the lesson for the day," Mr. Kim said. We were all quiet now.

 

I paid my full attention to the lesson... Suki kept staring at me worried. Yuri was mad because she wanted the beat the crap out of Minhyun. She kept  death glaring him. We were packing up because the lunch bell would ring soon. Only once I caught Minhyun's eye, but he looked away. Ignorant fool, I thought. Then the bell rung.

 

"Noona. What do you want to eat?" Insoo asked.

 

"I'm not hungry," I said.

 

"Noona, you have to eat something," Insoo started tickling me. I was laughing so hard I tripped and fell on him.

 

"No PDA in public," I heard Minhyun say. I got up and helped Insoo up.

 

"I'm not hungry Insoo. My stomach hurts a lot, so I don't want to eat," I said.

 

"Okay, noona," he said. We ate with Suki and Yuri this time. I just listened to them talk. Eunji and Minhyun walked by. I felt a ping in my heart. They were holding hands. It hurt me because that was my place. Minhyun looked my direction. He seemed to look right through me. I just ignored it.

 

When they were done eating we went to the field to watch Insoo and his friends play soccer. Suki and Yuri sat at the bench. I sat under the tree where I cried when I saw Minhyun kissing Eunji. I cried silently there, hiding my face, I heard someone's footsteps. I looked up, it was Minhyun, he looked at me with worried eyes.