65.

I Still Love You

I watched them leave. I could only think about how Minhyun cheated on me though. Why? If he loved me so much, why would he do that to me? Why would he hurt me like that? If I loved him too...

 

"Why?" I said to myself. It doesn't make any sense.

 

I sat on the ground thinking... about how Minhyun would do that to me. That Eunji girl? Did she hate me so much. What really happened? I want to know. He couldn't have done it to hurt me... he said he'd protect me... The door bell rang. I got up to open it. It was Minhyun.

 

"Minah!" he hugged me.

 

"Hi," I mumbled.

 

"Are you okay?" he looked at me.

 

"Yeah," I nodded,"come in."

 

He came in and I noticed he had a bag. I closed the door behind us. I saw looking at me... like he was telling me to join him. I sat on the floor. I pulled his arm to sit next to me.

 

"Minhyun," I said.

 

"What is it?" he asked,"is there something bothering you?"

 

"Actually, yes," I said,"there's something I need to know."

 

"What is it?" he asked.

 

"Why'd you cheat on me?" I asked,"I know you did. It somehow came to me, and I want to know why. I don't understand how you could do that if you said you loved me. That you'd protect me. "

 

"I just hope you know. I didn't mean to hurt you. Ever. Minah. I love you," he hugged me.

 

"Then why'd you do it?" I asked.

 


*FLASHBACK*

 

"Can you ever stop?" I said.

 

"No," Eunji said.

 

"Why are you so mean to me? I just wanted to be your friend," I mumbled.

 

"Friends? With you? Why? So that you can show off Minhyun to me. He likes you and he always had. He never pays attention to me!" she said. Clearly she was mad.

 

"He's just my friend and he'd be your friend if you weren't so mean. I want to be your friend," I said.

 

"Well, I don't! I hate you!" she yelled at me. I stepped back and bumped into someone. I turned around to see Minhyun.

 

"Minah," Minhyun said,"why don't you give up in trying to be her friend."

 

"Eunji," Minhyun said,"why do you always pick on her? And hurt her feelings? Don't you ever get tired?"

 

"If it wasn't for you," I mumbled,"she'd be my friend."

 

"Oppa," she said,"I really like you, but you like her and not me."

 

"Yeah, oppa," I said,"why? Why do you like me?"

 

"Because... you are nice to everyone and you seem to care for everyone," he said,"there's more, but not going into that now. Let's go."

 

"No," I said as he pulled me away.

 

He was dragging me away. I noticed we were outside near the soccer fields under the trees. He looked into my eyes and smiled. My cheeks were slowly turning pink.

 

"What was that question you asked me earlier?" he smiled.

 

"I asked you it a bit ago... don't you remember?" I said confused.

 

"Just ask it again. I want to hear it again," he said.

 

"Why, oppa? Why do you like me?" I asked.

 

"Because out of all girls... I found you the prettiest. I found you the most interesting one. The one who cares about everyone. The one who is nice to everyone even if they're mean. You are smart too. You have a nice smile too," he smiled,"your laugh is cute. When I'm around you, I feel good and happy. You're always trying your best at anything.  You are just amazing."

 

"Minhyun," I looked away. My cheeks were burning,"you are... so sweet."

 

"Am I?" he smiled,"shall I continue?"

 

"N-no. No," I said,"you can stop right there. That's enough."

 

"Well then

?" he said.

 

"Maybe," I said.

 

"You're still not accepting?" he said.

 

"Not yet," I said.

 

"Its fine," he said,"I'll wait."

 

"Thanks," I nodded.

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*


 

"Minah," he said. I snapped back to reality.

 

"Yes?" I said.

 

"Are you okay?" he asked.

 

"Yeah," I said,"I'm fine."

 

"You sure?" he said.

 

"Yes," I nodded,"now tell me."

 

"Well," he began,"remember Eunji?"

 

"Yeah," I nodded.

 

"You always wanted to be her friend," he said.

 

"Yeah!" I said,"I remember that."

 

"Well... she wasn't very nice," he said,"she was rude and crazy... She said if I didn't leave you she'd hurt you... I wasn't around you all the tmie to protect you. I just couldn't imagine that. How can some hurt you? I was scared that anything could have happened to you. She wanted to hurt you... not emotionally, but also physically. I can never forgive myself if you were to be hurt because of me. So we made a deal. She would leave you alone if... I left you. Then I decided to leave... but those times... that I hurt you... I never meant it to happen like that. I never meant to hurt you. I never meant to ditch you that day when I was going to tell you why, but she found out. So she threatened to hurt you if I came to see you. I left school so that she would leave you alone. I guess she left with me. I'm sorry, Minah."

 

"Minhyun," I hugged him. I acted so stupid, so reckless... because I was hurt. Tears started gushing out my eyes. I can't believe it. I hurt him too,"I'm sorry. I was so mean because you hurt me. I was determined to hurt you when you were already hurt. I'm sorry."

 

"Its okay," he patted my head,"I'm sorry too."

 

"Its okay," I said.


Happy new years guys! I was going to update this earlir, but I couldn't stay downstairs alone... My cousins and I were looking into scary things earlier... I've been a bad author-nim, but I'l update more. I'm no longer naming my chapters, so that I can write longer chappies(: Thanks to all of you who subbed! It makes me really happy. I sometimes might not update because I'm sort of depressed so yeah...