32.

I Still Love You

He pulled me. I tried to stop him, but I couldn't. Soon we ended being outside of the Empire State Building. I don't want to be with him!

 

"What is wrong with you?" I asked.

 

"I just want to spend time with you," he said.

 

"Well I don't," I said,"you're a jerk! I broke up with you. Why is it that you won't leave me alone?"

 

"Because I love you and I missed you," he said. I sighed. These words... They mean so much. I felt a warm feeling inside me.

 

"I missed you too," I hugged him. He hugged me back.

 

"Now let's go," he pulled me.

 

"Where are we going though?" I asked.

 

"I told you a surprise," he smiled.

 

"Fine. Don't tell me," I said.

 

"You'll find out," he said. I pouted.

 

We walked around the streets and went into a Korean restaurant. We sat in an empty table for 2. He handed me a menu. I don't eat like before. I remember after school we would go out to eat after school and we would each so much. I chuckled. I'll get kimbap.

 

"What will you get?" he asked.

 

"Just kimbap," I gave him the menu.

 

"What?!? Are you kidding me. We would stuff ourselves with food," he said.

 

"Well, I don't do that anymore," I stated.

 

"Come on. In the inside you do," he smiled.

 

"Are you ready to order?" the ahjumma said.

 

"Yes, we are. We'll get bulgogi, galbi, kimbap, and bibimbap," Minhyun said.

 

"It will be ready soon," the ahjumma said.

 

"Okay," we said.

 

"That isn't even half of what we used to eat," Minhyun chuckled.

 

"Yeah," I tried to hide my smile.

 

We ate quietly. When we were done, Minhyun paid. If I were to say something we'd end up fighting. I don't want that now. Now that he's beside me. I smiled. Then my phone started ringing. Minhyun looked at me. Then his phone started ringing too. We looked at each other.

 

"Let it finish ringing then we'll turn it around," he said.

 

"Wait what?" I said,"I am not going back to the hotel?"

 

"No. We haven't been to the real surprise," he said. I sighed.

 

"Okay," I said.

 

Our phones finished ringing and we turned it off. Minhyun called a taxi and we ended up near the docks. Where are we going? He pulled me into a line. We waited for 20 minutes. Then we went on a boat.

 

"Where are we going?" I asked.

 

"To... um... Ellis Island and where that big statue is," he said.

 

"The Statue of Liberty?" I asked.

 

"Yeah," he nodded.

 

We linked arms and went to the top part of the boat. It was really cold. I hugged him tightly. We sometimes would get our faces wet since the waves were big. I laid my head on his shoulder the whole time until we got to Ellis Island. We walked around hand in hand. Sometimes we took pictures. For like an hour we did that. Then we went on the boat again. This time we stayed inside since I was too cold and my nose was red. We sat on a bench. I felt sleepy, so I rested my head on his shoulder again. He woke up up when we got to Liberty Island.

 

"Let's go take pictures!" he said.

 

He pulled me to go in the shop. It was warm there compared to outside. We walked around and stopped at the shirt section. He was looking at a blue shirt with the statue of liberty and another one that was pink. He looked at me and smiled. He looked at me with 'please' eyes. I knew what he was trying to say.

 

"Come on," he said.

 

"But," I began.

 

"No buts. This is for us," he smiled.

 

We waited in the line. We finally got attended. Minhyun put the two shirts on the counter. The lady smiled at us and scanned it.

 

"You two look so cute together," she said. In English of course.

 

"Thanks," I smiled.

 

She gave us a bag with the shirts. Wait! Ugh. I said. I would forget him... but I can't today. This day can go well. Maybe for the last time? We went outside and took pictures of the Statue of Liberty then together. Then after 30 minutes we went back to the boat. We were going back to the docks. I will be leaving soon. Lucky, I had my things packed the day before. When we got to the docks, we called a taxi to go back to the hotel.

 

"I'll be leaving soon," I said,"back to Korea."

 

"Sadly, I won't be seeing you after this. It was a good thing I found out you were here," he said. I nodded.

 

We got out of the taxi. He helped me get out. Then suddenly he hugged me tightly. I felt this warm, nice feeling. I hugged him back. Tears escaped my eyes once again. I always cry for this pabo... I will really miss him. Even when I say I won't.

 

"Please don't cry," he said,"when you cry. I feel you tensed up. Please don't."

 

"Pabo, I'm going to miss you," I said.

 

"You'll see me in the future," he said. I nodded. We pulled away from our hug. He gave me the bag with the pink shirt.

 

"I should go," I said.

 

"Bye," he said.

 

I left and went to my room. Suki and Yuri were sitting there worried. When I walked in they had a 'what a relief' face.

 

"Where were you, unnie?" Yuri asked.

 

"I walked around for a while," I said.

 

"Well, we better go," Suki said. I'm pretty sure she knew.

 

"Wait, unnie, what's that?" Yuri asked.

 

"Oh this?" I held up the bag. She nodded. I prepared a lie,"I saw a cute shirt and bought it."

 

"Oh cool," she said.

 

I quickly put the bag in the suitcase then noticed something else in the bag. It was a necklace with clock in a heart-shaped form.

I felt something weird in my heart. It was nice of him. I quickly put it in my pocket and put the bag in my suitcase. We walked out of the room. We gave the key back in the front desk. I quickly put the necklace on. We took a taxi to the airport. We quickly got on our flight. I decided to fall asleep. What a nice surprise.


I stayed up late to update this. Enjoy~ I started school tomorrow.