Issues And Such

Play Your Love

The nurses came to assess the patient, so Mi Nyu and the band went to eat outside. But Tae Kyung pulled his girl and told the younger ones to just fend for themselves. Mi Nam shot a glare at his hyung, but the hyung returned his glare with a stronger one.

"Hyungnim, why did you take me alone?" Mi Nyu asked at the restaurant.

While waiting for the order, Tae Kyung cornered her.

"What was that back there?" he asked. "You were making a scene! Shin Woo is even more confused when you cried."

Mi Nyu bit her lips in agony.

"Scatter-brained girlfriend, aigoo," Tae Kyung remarked.

"Joesonghamnida, Hyungnim," she said.

"Why did you react when he said he hated love?" the leader asked. "It makes me jealous."

Mi Nyu did not know how to deal with it.

"Please, don't, Hyungnim," she said. "Shin Woo-hyung is just a friend, and you know it."

"But you acted like you started to fall for him!" Tae Kyung hissed.

Tears started to fall from her eyes.

"I will dismiss it as simple pity for a friend," Tae Kyung told her.

"I just pity him, Hyungnim," she said. "Because he could not remember everything about us."

"Cannot remember who?" a y voice came up.

The two looked up to see Yoo He Yi, looking confused. She began to smile her y smile at Mi Nyu, but seeing the two so serious, she tried to pick on them.

"Why so serious?" she asked them. "Ah, is it because of Kang Shin Woo's accident?"

"You are still annoying," Tae Kyung told her. "He won't remember you anyway, so, shoo..."

"Mwo?" He Yi asked. "He has amnesia? Hmmmm... interesting plot!"

Tae Kyung shot a glare at her.

"Do not even try of making a ruckus," he warned her.

"Ah, I could manipulate everyone I wanted, though," He Yi said with a laugh. "But really, I graduated from school of acting, and I am being benevolent to a poor patient that Kang Shin Woo is, so do not worry."

He Yi wiped her temple effortlessly, making Tae Kyung fume all the more.

"Oh well, I won't stay long," she said. "The paparazzis might think I am making another effort to get back with my fake ex-boyfriend, so...ciao!"

He Yi went to the part of the resto near the counter and sat, her back facing the couple. She did not want to ruin her day with the sight of Mi Nyu, not when she wanted to order some hearty spaghetti for herself.

"Is it just pity that you feel about him?" Tae Kyung asked Mi Nyu again.

"It is just pity, Hyungnim," she lied. "I would not feel this way if I do not pity him."

"Kang Shin Woo is not the type to ask for pity nor mercy," he told her. "So you better be careful."

"Arasseoyo...." she murmured.

When their order of spaghetti came, Mi Nyu looked at the Italian food and took her fork. She is not much of a spaghetti girl as He Yi is, but it was Tae Kyung ordering the food.

****

That night, Mi Nyu was in Mi Nam and Jeremy's room. Mi Nam looked out the window, which was facing the veranda at the back. He suddenly missed the sight of Shin Woo silently drinking his tea while thinking of random thoughts.

To his chagrin, all he saw was Jeremy, rolling on the floor with his golden retriever, Jolie.

"Jooollliiiiiiiiiieeeee!!!!!" Jeremy screamed from outside.

"Meong, meong!" Jolie barked happily.

"Tsk. Childish! Who does he think he is? Lee Jung Shin?" Mi Nam frowned. "At least, Lee Jung Shin is cute with aegyo."

He looked at his sister, and asked her what happened back there that morning. She told him how she felt, and it caused him alarm. They did not even notice Aunt Mi Ja scolding Jeremy for playing at night.

"You... have you fallen for Shin Woo-hyung?" he asked her.

Mi Nyu looked at him like she was guilty.

"Anio, Oppa. I just pity him," she said.

"That is not pity," he said. "Ok, let us say, you feel for him. But do not mistake love for pity. Even if Shin Woo-hyung has amnesia, he does not want to be an object of pity. So stop it."

"Joesonghamnida, Oppa..."

"Aigoo, you still find it hard to differentiate love from pity," he thought.

Then, he spoke up.

"I hope you are not acting out of regret, either," he told her.

"Huh?"

"We know very well that you rejected Shin Woo-hyung, and he took it hard," Mi Nam said. "Even though he still has that charming smile after you and Hyungnim have become a couple, but I still think he took it hard. So do not act being good to him just because you regret hurting him."

But it was true. That was how she felt.

"I guess it is indeed pity and regret, Oppa," she told him.

"Get over it," he told her. "It won't do any good."

He looked back outside the window and fumed to see Jeremy still playing with Jolie. But Mi Nyu was silently studying herself. Was it just pity, or has she fallen for her hyung?

****

That night, she looked out the window and imagined herself back at the convent, talking with Mother Superior.

"Mother Superior, I am confused," she said. "Is it just a feeling of pity? Or have I fallen out of love for Hyungnim and given my heart to Shin Woo-hyung?"

Then, she cried again.

"My star has faded... and all I ever felt is warmth just like tea..." she thought. 'Why am I suddenly so caring for Shin Woo-hyung? As if I just want him to notice my efforts?"

She punched her chest.

"Mother Superior, he is so dear to me... I am sad of hurting him... I know he has forgiven me...but... I cannot make our memories go back..."

All those precious memories that Shin Woo held dear to him, including his major heartbreak, both of them cannot return them anymore.

"Shin Woo-hyung...please remember me..."

 

~~~~