Warm Homecoming

Play Your Love

Shin Woo stayed in the hospital for two more weeks because his neurological status was being monitored. As he was a fast learner, he soon learned that he was from Busan, that he was once a famous idol, and that his fans cried over him when he got into an accident. There were a lot of things that he soon began to know about, including who Yoo He Yi was. The neurologist found him to be improving, so after two weeks, Shin Woo was discharged.

There were two things which Shin Woo was not aware of: he was once truly much in love with Mi Nyu, and that she was his fake girlfriend.

****

He was brought to the dorm, as the rest of AN Jell still considered him such, even if President Ahn removed him for an indefinite period of time. Tae Kyung could play the guitar, Mi Nam could also play the guitar, so it was still a blessing that the band could live even with just two members if they could help it: could be Tae Kyung and Jeremy, or Mi Nam and Jeremy. But Mi Nam hated being with Jeremy for obvious reasons.

"Meong! Meong!" Jolie greeted Shin Woo happily.

Shin Woo did not shy away from the dog. He stretched out his hand, and Jolie it very happily.

"Your dog is very kind, Jeremy," he said.

"Ah, ne, Hyung, her name is Jolie."

"Jolie."

"Ne, Hyung. Jolie."

Jeremy introduced Jolie and Shin Woo to each other. The hyung squatted to play with the golden, and somehow, Jolie looked at him with sad eyes. As if she realized it was not the same Shin Woo-oppa that she knew.

"Sorry, Jolie, I cannot remember you," Shin Woo apologized.

Jolie panted and blinked. Jeremy hugged and played with his dog, much to Mi Nam's annoyance.

*****

Mi Nyu and Aunt Mi Ja were cooking, and Shin Woo got in.

"Oh, Mr. Kang, welcome back!" Aunt Mi Ja said.

Shin Woo also got to know Aunt Mi Ja when she visited in the hospital, and for all her unawareness, the aunt never knew that her niece and Mr. Kang had some secret history together.

"Do you want to help us cook? Prepare lunch?" Aunt Mi Ja asked.

He nodded. Mi Nyu looked at her aunt uncomfortably because she was not one for household chores. Mi Nyu did not know how to cook, and if she was left alone in the kitchen, it would always spell trouble. She, however, gathered her courage and sat near Shin Woo.

"Shin Woo-hyung, let me teach you how to peel the veggies," she said to him.

Shin Woo smiled his charming smile.

"Why are you calling me 'hyung'? Can you just call me 'Shin Woo-oppa'?" he asked her.

Aunt Mi Ja also began to wonder why Mi Nyu kept on calling Shin Woo as 'hyung' when she should address him properly, gender-wise.

"It's...it's out of habit, Shin Woo-hyung," Mi Nyu rationalized. "Mi Nam-oppa calls you 'Shin Woo-hyung' all the time, so I picked it up... Just like I call Tae Kyung-hyungnim as Hyungnim, out of habit."

Mi Ja shook her head. Why had her niece developed that habit?

"Never mind," Shin Woo said. "Just call me as you like."

"Ye, Shin Woo-hyung," she said happily.

She taught him how to peel, but in the end, Shin Woo was able to peel and chop and slice with clean results, unlike her topsy-turvy ones. She was really embarrassed because she was not a good teacher. However, he had fun cooking that soon, Aunt Mi Ja taught him how to cook.

Not far from them was Tae Kyung, and he looked on jealously as Mi Nyu was being sweet and kind to his once-love rival.

****

"Hyung! Hyung!" Jeremy piped up. "Let's go to the gym!"

"What is that?" Shin Woo asked.

"Question is, 'where is that?'" Mi Nam corrected his hyung.

Then, the dongsaengs explained to him. The three of them skipped to the gym, forgetting that the person with them was the Kang Shin Woo that was the famous AN Jell guitarist.

When they got to the gym, some girls came to them, shy and flirty.

"Shin Woo-oppa, can we have your autograph?"

Uh-oh.... Mi Nam and Jeremy had to act fast.

"Geuge... this is not Kang Shin Woo," Mi Nam said.

"But you said...." Shin Woo started to protest.

"This is not Kang Shin Woo," Jeremy lied. "He just looks like Shin Woo-hyung."

"So...is he Jung Yong Hwa?" one of the girls asked.

"Wait, I think I saw Yong Hwa-oppa shopping with Shin Hye-eonni just half an hour ago," another said.

"He looks like Shin Woo-hyung and Yong Hwa-hyung," Mi Nam said. "But he is our non-celebrity friend."

But the girls were infatuated with Shin Woo. Even his toothy grin was unmistakably Shin Woo.

"He smiles like Shin Woo-oppa~~~~" they sighed.

"Ya, Jung Chang Min, you are one hot guy, eh?" Mi Nam said with a wink.

"Jung... Chang Min?" the girls asked.

"Sounds like a Jung Jin Woon and a Lee Chang Min to me," another said. "2AM much?"

"But that is true!" Jeremy insisted. "His name is really Jung Chang Min."

The girls sighed, but they winked at Shin Woo, nevertheless. When the girls walked away, Shin Woo turned to his dongsaengs.

"Why did you tell them that...?"

"Because, Hyung, we forgot to bring a disguise for you," Mi Nam intercepted. "So a briliiant mind is all we have, right Jeremy?"

"Geurae!" Jeremy said. "We are just protecting your identity, Hyung."

Shin Woo nodded, understanding their intentions.

"You better not show your emotions or say your thoughts, Hyung," Mi Nam said. "Because people still did not know that you have forgotten everything about the celebrity Kang Shin Woo."

"Arasseo..." Shin Woo said.

He did not understand it quite well, but he had a feeling that being a celebrity means being surrounded by many people, and being watched.

 

~~~~