Peaceful Heart, Breaking Heart

Play Your Love

Early dawn.

Shin Woo woke up to find himself hugging Mi Nyu in her sleep. He found her thigh perched on his thigh, like she was a koala climbing up a tree. Her skirt was pulled up to facilitate movement. When he touched her thigh, it was so smooth, he could not help but caress it lovingly.

"She really is clumsy, just as she said," he thought with a smile as he took her thigh off his thigh and pulling her skirt down. "It would be a scandal to everyone to see us this way. Good thing nothing happened to us... And I will wait for the day to do it with her."

He slowly got up and carried Mi Nyu off the floor. He had to take her to her bed so that she could be in her room.

*****

Mi Nyu woke up to the sound of Min Hyuk announcing their presence. She gingerly got up and found herself in her room.

*****

Tae Kyung worked all his days just to forget Mi Nyu and how she broke his heart.

Meanwhile, Jeremy and Mi Nam were exercising at the gym when Mi Nam sighed in contentment.

"I don't know what's with last night, but I suddenly felt so happy and peaceful," Mi Nam said.

"Wae?" Jeremy asked. "Did some model tease you while talking on the phone with her?"

"Aniya~," Mi Nam shot at him. "I don't know... but it has something to do with Mi Nyu and Shin Woo-hyung."

Jeremy leaned closer to his treadmill buddy.

"Ya, you think something happened to them?"

Mi Nam looked at Jeremy in curiosity.

"Don't make me think what you are thinking!" Mi Nam shot back at him. "If Shin Woo-hyung took away my sister's purity, I will join the Mafia and hunt him down!"

"Aish, I am not thinking of that!" Jeremy complained, denying that he thought of it.

"Hmph! Nobody should take away my sister, unless she is married to that guy," Mi Nam said.

"Whoa! Some possessive brother are you!" Jeremy scoffed. "It's as if you had not done it with girls a lot of..."

*smack!* went Mi Nam's hand on Jeremy's head.

"What did you do that for?" Jeremy asked in pain as he nursed his head.

Jeremy had not set the treadmill to manual, so he suddenly had to keep up with the pace and slipped. Mi Nam looked on triumphantly.

"That's what you get for thinking ill of me," Mi Nam said.

Jeremy scampered on his treadmill and got back.

"Ya, you are so immature!" Jeremy said in spite.

"Says who? Tsk!" was Mi Nam's comeback.

****

Tae Kyung stayed all night making another composition for their next album. He was feeling dolorous, so his next songs were mostly emo and melodramatic, a darker theme than most of their songs.

"Ugh... I cannot think with all the sadness in my mind," he said to himself. "If I let my sadness get the best of me, I will lose."

He grabbed one compilation and stepped out of the studio to go grab a cup of coffee.

****

He bought some coffee from a chic coffee house and sat on chair by the glass window. It was past eleven, but he was in no mood to go to sleep. His mind had to work to get the lyrics out of his mind.

If only those lyrics could get to Mi Nyu and make her change her mind...

And get back to him.

"Well, well, well," a y voice announced.

Tae Kyung looked up to see He Yi standing in front of him while holding a cup of coffee.

"If it isn't Hwang Tae Kyung," He Yi smirked.

"Aish. I am busy," Tae Kyung said dryly.

He Yi sat in front of him without permission and put her cup on top of the table. Tae Kyung looked up to her with an irritated look on his face.

"Wae?" she asked innocently.

Tae Kyung pursed his lips.

"You are annoying," he said.

He Yi smirked and grabbed the composition from him. Tae Kyung pulled it back, but He Yi kicked his knee from under the table. And in pain, Tae Kyung let go of his compilation. He Yi looked at him with a triumphant look on his face.

"I bet that you cannot read notes," he said sarcastically.

He Yi shrugged.

"I am not a singer," she said. "I only read lyrics."

When she read the lyrics, she was a bit pissed off because it was pathetic.

"Getting back? Getting back with whom?" she asked. "Huh! It is old news that Mi Nyu broke up with you. And you want her back?"

"And are you wishing I will get back with you?" he shot back at her.

He Yi was dumbstruck, but she cleared and, with her usual mighty air, replied that theirs was never a love to begin with.

"We were on-screen lovers after all, and there was never you and me," He Yi said. "So there is no point of getting back with you because even our breakup was all made up."

He Yi was shaking her head to show him he was being pathetic, but deep inside, she was hurt so much because she wished she and Tae Kyung broke up because they were actually a real couple.

"If you have nothing good to say, then stop criticizing me," Tae Kyung said after sipping from his cup.

"They say that you will get better with criticisms," He Yi remarked.

"Constructive criticism, that is," rejoined Tae Kyung.

"Which I think is never a good thing for pathetic songs like these," He Yi remarked.

"Which should be listened to by people anyway," finished Tae Kyung.

He Yi carelessly threw the compositions in front of Tae Kyung.

"Anyway? Tsh... hearing that from you somehow makes me think that you do not care what your fans think because you want one person to listen to your song," she said.

Tae Kyung was fed up with arguing with her because He Yi could be so childish.

"Whether Mi Nyu listens to this or not is none of your business," Tae Kyung hissed.

"Oh, Hwang Tae Kyung-ssi, He Yi-ssi?" a fan asked.

Then, he bowed in front of them, and handed He Yi the pen and paper first.

"I am a great fan of Tae Kyung-ssi and He Yi-ssi," the fan said.

He Yi smiled with her saccharine smile at the fan, making Tae Kyung mentally puke at her own fakeness.

"Ireumi mwoyeyo?" she asked.

"He's Yoo Seung Ho," Tae Kyung told the fake fairy, and Seung Ho nodded with a smile.

"Omo, sorry, I was not able to recognize you!" He Yi said to the actor. "You had grown taller and leaner!"

"Ah, ne..." Seung Ho said.

Tae Kyung signed his autograph and handed the pen and paper back to the actor. Tae Kyung also got a picture from his wallet and signed it, then handed it to Seung Ho.

"Omo, mianhande, I have no picture with me," He Yi apologized.

"Gwaenchanseumnida," Seung Ho said. "A picture with us will do."

So Tae Kyung looked on as Seung Ho took a selca with himself and He Yi. After the encounter with the National Fairy and the AN Jell vocalist, Seung Ho thanked them and left.

(Yoo Seung Ho is the guy whom Mi Nyu bumped inside the convenient store in Episode 9).

"I did not know you could be this fake with your fans," Tae Kyung said to her in sarcasm.

"I am not fake to my fans, especially if they are good-natured to me," He Yi said while taking the cup of coffee.

Tae Kyung watched boredly as He Yi finished her cup, only to realize that the cup of coffee that she got was his.

"Ya!" Tae Kyung pointed at her accusingly. "You stole my coffee!"

"Mian!" He Yi smirked. "I guess you can treat yourself a second cup."

Tae Kyung fisted his hands while watching her stand up.

"I gotta go," she said fakely. "Ciao!"

She turned her back and went away. Tae Kyung was definitely angry because not only did she lampooned his songs, she also drank his coffee.

"You'll see," he vowed. "Mi Nyu will get back to me!"

****

But as she walked, He Yi could not help but pound her chest at the lingering one-sided love.

"I had a slight crush on Mi Nam, but nothing can take my eyes off you, Tae Kyung," she said as she fought back her tears. "I will have my revenge on you, Tae Kyung. You'll see!"

 

~~~~