Why?

Play Your Love

Tae Kyung and the gang took turns in taking care of Shin Woo in the ICU, and from time to time, President Ahn was informed of the updates. Shin Woo was recovering faster than expected, and the doctors confirmed that after a day or two, they could transfer him out to the private room. But it was Mi Nyu who was there there for twenty-four hours, guarding him.

Even with his fast recovery, Shin Woo was still in coma. And finally, after a day, he was transferred to a luxury suit. When she saw Shin Woo lying on the bed in his suite, Mi Nyun could not help but bite her lips in sadness.

"Shin Woo-hyung...please wake up..." she thought.

*****

Mi Nyu was attentive to how the nurses took care of Shin Woo, so she also assisted them with diligence. If this was the way she could repay Shin Woo for all he had done for her, if this is the way for her to mend his broken heart, then she would do all she can to make him recover.

"Mi Nyu-ssi, it is good that you are here," one nurse said. "Shin Woo-ssi must have been proud to have a friend like you."

"Ah...ye," Mi Nyu replied.

The nurses did not know, however, that Mi Nyu was the cause of Shin Woo's heartbreak, and that she was willing to do anything just so he will forgive her. It seems he forgave her, but she suddenly realized that he could not forget her easily, and he might not have forgiven her.

When the nurses left his room, Mi Nyu would arrange his bedding and made sure that the room temperature was ideal. She did not want him to chill.

"You like it not so cold, Shin Woo-hyung?" Mi Nyu asked him cheerfully.

"You don't have to pretend, Mi Nyu-ya," Mi Nam told her.

"Oppa, I am not pretending," Mi Nyu lied. "I am just taking care of Shin Woo-hyung."

Mi Nam was not convinced. He knew that Mi Nyu does not love Shin Woo and has her heart only for Tae Kyung. But she acting like Shin Woo could respond made Mi Nam think if Mi Nyu was feeling guilty about everything. Or even regretting.

"Mi Nyu-ya, don't stress your heart," he advised her.

"Ne, Oppa," she said cheerfully.

But every night, as she was taking care of him, she would often cry and beg him to wake up.

"Shin Woo-hyung...please, please wake up," she whispered to him in tears. "I want to kill more dogs with you. I want to drink tea with you... I want to stay at the balcony and tell silly stories, go to the amusement park, or eat our favorite ice cream and kalguksoo..."

But her please remained unanswered.

****

Shin Woo was in coma for a week. And finally, one morning, as Mi Nyu was eating breakfast, Shin Woo's hand began to stir.

"Shin Woo-hyung!" she gasped, smile on her face.

Shin Woo slowly opened his eyes, then stared at her.

"Shin Woo-hyung," she called out to him.

A smile lit up her face, and she was so happy that he finally woke up, all too well. But, he looked at her in confusion.

"Nugu?"

Mi Nyu stopped, and tears suddenly fell.

"Shin Woo-hyung, don't...don't you remember me?"

"Shin...Woo?" Shin Woo asked.

He got up and grabbed his head.

"Nan nuguya (Who am I)?" he asked, crying.

Mi Nyu pushed the call button, then started to inform him that he is Kang Shin Woo. She was in pain to see him that he could not remember his own name, and it pained her that he could not even remember her.

"Why...why can't he remember himself?" she asked in tears. "Why can't he remember me?"

The nurses came in with the resident doctor, and they were astonished to find him awake.

"Kanhosanim, Uisa-seonsaengnim, Shin Woo-hyung cannot remember me..." Mi Nyu reported, tears in her eyes.

The doctor checked on him, then wrote his findings. He gave the chart to the nurse to carry out his orders. He got his phone, and started to call the neurosurgeon.

Mi Nyu held Shin Woo's hands, hoping that her touch could make him remember that he once cared for her, that he once loved her even if she did not love him back.

"Shin Woo-hyung...it's me... Mi Nyu," she convinced him.

But Shin Woo took his hand away...and the act cut her heart to pieces.

"I don't know you!" he panicked. "And who am I?"

But too bad, because Shin Woo was pre-occupied with the thought that he could not even remember his own name, who he was.

"Shin Woo-hyung...." Mi Nyu whispered in tears.

*****

Tae Kyung, Jeremy, and Mi Nam watched Mi Nyu holding Shin Woo's hand. They saw him get his hand away in confusion.

"Hyung, eotteohke?" Jeremy asked.

But Tae Kyung hated what he saw. He knew Shin Woo had amnesia, but Mi Nyu suddenly caring for his defeated love rival was something alarming.

"Gaja," he told his younger members and went away.

 

****