First Kiss

Play Your Love

Off topic: Where did Sandara Park? Where should Sandara Park? Where will Sandara Park?

*****

"Did you just... kiss me?" he asked in gentle confusion.

Shin Woo looked at Mi Nyu in confusion after she kissed him. She was totally embarrassed that she turned her face away from him.

"J...joesonghamnida..." she said as she cringed.

Shin Woo got up and tapped her shoulder.

"Mi Nyu-ya....look at me," he said.

Mi Nyu looked at him. She saw that he has a smile on his face.

"Kiss means love, right?" he asked, inquisitive.

"Uh...uh...." she stammered.

"I may have forgotten about everything, but do you think I kept my mind idle?" Shin Woo asked. "I read books, magazines, even the news in the internet."

Mi Nyu blushed, but Shin Woo only smiled.

"I will not force you to tell me what it is, but it seems you are acting strangely every single day when you are here with me," he said.

He pulled her close and brought her to his embrace.

"Mi Nyu-ya," he whispered. "I really...really..."

Mi Nyu hoped this would be the confession she was waiting for.

"..Like your kiss..." he admitted.

Of course, because it is her first kiss to him. When letting go seems like breaking up, she needs to do something to make him come back to her.

"I will never forget this day..." he said.

Mi Nyu pulled herself away and looked into his eyes. Did she just saw something like...sadness?

"You told me that you love me as a friend," he told her. "And I had read somewhere that friends don't kiss."

Mi Nyu bowed her head many times in apology. Shin Woo held her hand and put it close to his chest. She blushed as she felt strong beating of his heart.

"Only lovers kiss. Lover," he said. "I wish you could look at me that way..."

Mi Nyu looked back at him, unable to utter anything.

"Hyung! Hyung!" Min Hyuk shouted.

The scruffy-haired boy and the twins climbed up from the lake in happiness after the bath. Then, they noticed the two as if from a confession.

"Oppa, you and Eonni should get together, like, soooo right now!" Min Hae said.

"Ne, Oppa!" Min Hee replied.

Mi Nyu remembered that Shin Woo held her hand, so she tried to take it away, but he held on. Min Hyuk was all surprised indeed.

"Hyung, jigeum gaja (let's go now)," Min Hyuk said.

Mi Nyu looked at Shin Woo and blabbled.

"Ye, Shin Woo-hyung...we really need to go..." she said as she removed her hand from his chest.

She clumsily kept the food in the containers, and he helped her keep their things in order. The twins took hold of the heavy basket and walked ahead. Min Hyuk looked at the couple and told them that they need to go.

"Ah... I will talk to Min Hyuk..." Mi Nyu said to Shin Woo uncomfortably. "He is like Jeremy."

"But Jeremy is funny," Min Hyuk pouted. "I am not."

Mi Nyu took the scruffy-haired guy's hand as they walked. She was so embarrassed to be talking with Shin Woo, not when she was so clumsy in exposing her own feelings to him.

"Wae? Why am I so clumsy? I know guys court girls, like the way Mi Nam-oppa did for He Yi... but why am I acting like Oppa? Why am I courting Shin Woo-hyung? But Oppa said guys court girls, not the other way around..."

Min Hyuk noticed her cringing, so he asked why.

"Ah...Ah...nothing..." she lied.

She knew she was trying to get Shin Woo's attention. But she did not know that she was desperate.

Shin Woo, meanwhile, walked behind them, silently observing the clumsy girl with interest. He touched his lips as he walked... and he really liked the feel of her lips.

Then, something ticked in his mind... Observing the clumsy girl with interest felt like a deja vu...

And his head started to ache a bit.

"Ige mwoya?" he asked himself as held a hand to his temple. "Am I starting to remember things?"

*****

Dinner was uneventful, and Mi Nyu was with the twins to wash the dishes. An uncle of the household came home after years of staying in Seoul. The halmeoni talked to her lawyer son, who was iron-willed and strict in talking. Shin Woo and Min Hyuk was listening to their uncle Seok Ho, who said that he had an improving law office after he had successfully sent two students to Cheon Ha-dae, and one student to Tae Pyeong. The two guys listened how their uncle managed to turn a toilet high school into a powerhouse of students to top universities.

(A/N Off topic, kekek: Kang Seok Ho is a character of the K-drama "God Of Study." He is portrayed by Kim Soo Ro, who is currently acting in "A Gentleman's Dignity" as the engineer Im Tae San. Crossover? Maybe... But I placed him here because he is Kang.)

"Hyung, do you think it is believable?" Min Hyuk whispered his question to Shin Woo.

"Molla. I do not remember him at all," Shin Woo said solemnly.

Min Hyuk realized his blunder and apologized. He had forgotten that Shin Woo had even forgotten that he had an uncle who is a lawyer.

"Mianhae...hyung..." Min Hyuk said while putting his index fingers together.

*****

That night, everyone slept early because Halmeoni said that they will all be going to the mountains for a vacation. Since it was summer, the twins could join. Only Seok Ho was not sleeping early because he had legal papers to study.

Shin Woo was sitting under the tree which was a few yards away from the porch. He liked the feel of the wind because it was cool.

Then, his thoughts went back to Mi Nyu and her kiss that day. He could not fool himself that he had fallen for her. But something in his heart told him that what he had felt for her was not something after his accident.

"Could it be, that I had loved her before?" he asked himself as he touched his lips.

His head started to swirl.

"Whatever it is, Mi Nyu, I will do my best to make you mine," he vowed.

"Shin Woo-hyung?" a feminine voice called out.

He knew it was not Min Hyuk, nor any of his male cousins.

"Mi Nyu-ya, wa (come)," he said.

Mi Nyu came to him and sat in front of him.

"What is it?" he asked.

He could not see her expression because it was dark, and the light from the porch did not reach them. He reached to her hair and ruffled it again.

"Why is my Baby Girl uncomfortable with Hyung?" he ."

"Shin Woo-hyung, can... can..." she asked. "Can I ask you a question...?"

"What is it?"

Mi Nyu began to get uncomfortable.

"If... If you start to remember something, will you promise me one thing?" she asked.

"What is it?" he asked. "I cannot promise you anything unless I know what it is."

Mi Nyu hoped her voice did not give way.

"If you remember something, or if you find out about anything... please do not hate me..." she said.

"Mi Nyu...I..."

But she was sobbing, and she stood up and ran inside. Shin Woo got confused and planned to check what he can to remember his past.

"Something I did and something she did might have triggered the question," he thought, pensive.

He got up and walked in his room.

 

~~~~