Wrong Impression

Play Your Love

The morning after He Yi and Tae Kyung became lovers.

Mi Nyu was cooking with Min Hyuk and Sora when she felt she was getting dizzy. Then, she started to gag.

"Noona!" Min Hyuk called out in worry.

Sora looked at Min Hyuk, then at Mi Nyu. She went over to her and held her shoulder.

"Mi Nyu-ya...gwaenchanha?" Sora whispered.

Mi Nyu nodded before gagging again. She cupped her hand and ran to the restroom, where she continued with her gagging session. Min Hyuk and Sora looked at each other in shock.

"O---mo----," Sora whispered.

"Is she--pregnant?" Min Hyuk asked.

Sora hushed him and shook her finger.

"Do not say it loud," she said. "You know how the elders will react."

Min Hyuk knew. If a girl and a guy had one night together, and the girl got pregnant, the guy is forced to marry the girl. But too bad for Sora, because Halmeoni and Shin Woo's eomma heard Min Hyuk's question.

"Who is pregnant? Nugu? Nugu?" Halmeoni asked.

"Ah...no one..." Min Hyuk said. "Just the character from the..."

And the two elders heard some gagging from inside the bathroom. The elderly dashed to the bathroom and knocked at the door.

"Mi Nyu-ya!" Halmeoni commanded.

****

Mi Nyu and Shin Woo sat in front of the whole household. The other aunts and uncles had been summoned, and the other cousins (except the young children) gathered around. The two in question were so embarrassed because they did not know what they did wrong for them to be in the hotspot like this. The young children were told by their parents to get in the room.

"What happened? Why are you gagging?" Halmeoni asked Mi Nyu.

"I...I must have eaten something bad last night..." she said.

"But we ate the same food last dinner, right?" Eomeoni asked.

"N...ne..." she said.

"Are you pregnant?" Abeonim asked her.

Mi Nyu looked at everyone with imploring eyes.

"Animnida...." she said, her voice shaking. "During the time that Shin Woo-hy...oppa and I were alone, he never touched me..."

Shin Woo spoke for her as well.

"I never did. When she was taking care of me when I had my headaches, I never did anything to her," he said.

Min Hyuk and the twins remembered the time when they were at the fields. They remembered seeing the two disappearing from among the tall reeds. They could either be kissing, or making out. But they did not blurt out their thoughts for fear that Shin Woo and Mi Nyu might be put to shame. Sora did not even tell the elders regarding one night when Shin Woo and Mi Nyu shared kisses from under the tree. But she knew Shin Woo ever since, and she knew him to be the perfect gentleman.

"If something happened between the two of you, Shin Woo has to marry Mi Nyu at the shortest possible time," Halmeoni said.

"But Halmeoni, there really is nothing going on between me and Shin Woo-oppa," Mi Nyu defended herself.

But she gagged again, and she had to rush to the restroom. The elders all followed her to confront her about it, leaving the twins, Min Hyuk, Sora, and their other cousins in the living room.

"So, you had unloaded your gun for the first time, Hyung?" Min Hyuk asked in naughty manner.

"Aniya!" Shin Woo said. "I will never touch Mi Nyu like that. Her twin will kill me."

"Awwww, Mi Nam-oppa must be so cool, and Mi Nyu-eonni si lucky to have a twin like him," Min Hee said.

"Ya! Mi Nam-oppa is mine! You like Jeremy!" Min Hae divulged.

"But still, I did not touch Mi Nyu, believe me," Shin Woo said.

"There is only one way to find out," Sora said. "She can use a pregnancy test kit to find out. Or if you don't believe the results she might give us, why not have the test in the local laboratory?"

"Local laboratory?" Min Hyuk asked. "Noona, many people are familiar with Mi Nyu-noona being Tae Kyung-ssi's ex-girlfriend, and Shin Woo-hyung's ex-ex-girlfriend. If people will know she went to a laboratory, and if the laboratory people will be careless, Shin Woo-hyung will be in bad publicity."

Shin Woo's head swirled at the predicament. He was having problems remembering many things of his past, he was also having problems about Mi Nyu allegedly getting pregnant with his child.

"Arasseo, let's buy a pregnancy kit," an aunt who heard their conversation said.

*****

An aunt bought the kit to prevent rumors. As an ajumma, it was expected that she might be pregnant or something. And the women in the house were all coaching Mi Nyu what to do, highly expecting that she was pregnant.

"Do you have antacid?" the poor girl asked them.

"No, no! A pregnant woman should not take any medication!" Halmeoni said.

One aunt brought a glass of lukewarm water for Mi Nyu to drink. She was listening to the men outside, who were coaching Shin Woo on what to expect during the wedding. Poor Mi Nyu and Shin Woo had to deal with all these pregnancy talks.

"I... I should not inform Oppa about this," she thought.

"Do you have a number of Mi Nam-ssi?" an aunt asked.

"Jebal..... Please do not call Oppa," Mi Nyu begged. "I need to confirm this yet..."

And she was gagging, but eventually, she vomited that afternoon.

****

That night, the elders prevented the lovers from seeing each other. Eomma and Appa knew that their son was a total gentleman, but he was still a man after all. If given the right temptation, he might not be able to resist Mi Nyu, no matter how innocent she looked and was.

Mi Nyu was in her room, holding her cellphone while crying. She knew that nothing really happened between her and Shin Woo, and she knew that if ever something happened between the two of them, she would know. She could feel him inside her. But it never happened. She knew that it was just with the food that she ate last night because some undigested jackfruit had been vomited out.

Shin Woo, meanwhile, was heaving bouts of headache again, as his thoughts were being flooded by memories from the past.

****

Early morning.

Mi Nyu was very anxious when she did the pregnancy test herself, being coached by an aunt from outside the bathroom. She and the aunt woke up early so she could have guidance. Mi Nyu was really fearful because she knew that Mother Superior really would be unhappy if the young woman had a child out of wedlock. It would be against the doctrines that Mi Nyu learned.

She was holding the kit and closed her eyes. Then, she slowly opened her eyes and saw that there was...

...Only one bar.

She reminded herself of what the aunts said, that one bar meant not pregnant, two means pregnant. So, she showed the kit to her aunt, who was shouting for joy. 

Every adult in the household were awaken, and they rushed to the restroom to find the negative pregnancy result in the kit that the aunt was holding. Halmeoni was able to sigh contentedly because she did not want Mi Nyu to be disgraced.

"I was just gagging and vomiting because I got indigestion," Mi Nyu rationalized to them.

Indeed, one aunt could confirm that Mi Nyu vomited with undigested food, and she feared that the young girl might get dehydrated.

****

"Hyung, hyung, it was negative!" Min Hyuk told Shin Woo.

Shin Woo smiled his charming smile.

"I know I never touched her," he said. "So there is no way that she will get pregnant."

He was glad that he could wait for her.

****

That night, the two met again at the veranda when everyone was asleep.

"Shin Woo-hyung, I could not imagine us doing it..." she said shyly. "I...I..."

"You are still so innocent," he fondly told her, ruffling her hair.

Mi Nyu smiled and hugged him tight. He blushed when he felt her hand rubbing his back.

"I love you, Shin Woo-hyung," she whispered. "But I will wait for the time when we will be doing it."

"I know. I love you too, and I am patient enough to wait for you,"  he said.

"I will give myself to you, Shin Woo-hyung, only to you," she whispered in a husky voice.

Her voice turned him on, but he was very much willing to hold on and wait. He wrapped his muscular arms around him and buried his face onto her neck.

 

~~~~