Something New

Play Your Love

The next day, Jeremy, Mi Nam, and Tae Kyung were cooking breakfast when Mr. Yoo went inside the kitchen. Mi Nam and Jeremy shook in fear because they knew from Tae Kyung that even He Yi is afraid of her own father. Only Tae Kyung was undaunted.

"Annyeonghaseyo?" the guys greeted Mr. Yoo politely.

Mr. Yoo looked at each guy before commenting to Tae Kyung.

"So, you are Hwang Tae Kyung."

"N...ne."

Mr. Yoo eyed the young man indifferently.

"You are the man who my He Yi likes, her ex-boyfriend," Mr. Yoo said.

"Ah... ne," Tae Kyung replied stiffly to hide his nervousness.

Mr. Yoo frowned.

"I am sure you did not do anything to my daughter!" Mr. Yoo said.

Tae Kyung got pale.

"I wonder where her text regarding her becoming pregnant came from," Mr. Yoo said as he looked at the decorations on the wall.

Tae Kyung felt like he was going to faint. It was he who sent that message through He Yi's phone.

"I promise you that I did not do anything to her," Tae Kyung said.

The patriarch looked at the guys icily before leaving the room. Jeremy and Mi Nam looked at Tae Kyung, then at his thing. Tae Kyung remembered that Shin Woo also gave him the weird look.

"Mwo!" he screamed at them.

"Tsk tsk tsk, I have no idea that you finally fired it for the first time!" Mi Nam told Tae Kyung.

"Aish!" Tae Kyung complained as he threatened to hit Mi Nam with his fist.

"I never believed you back then, Hyung," Jeremy said. "And I still don't believe you."

"Aish! Babo! Babo!" Tae Kyung chided them as he hit both guys with his fist. "Jjajeungna (Annoying)!"

"Wae? Can you convince us that nothing happened between you and He Yi?" Jeremy asked.

"Hyung, how was it using it for the first time?" was Mi Nam's naughty remark. "Kekekekek."

"Will you please shut up?" Tae Kyung said to them, pointing his finger at them. "Neo, if both of you thought of me that way again, I will kill you."

"Kill who?" a female voice piped up.

The three guys looked at her, then the two looked back at Tae Kyung.

"I definitely heard what was going on," He Yi said. "And mind you, I am still untaken, you know?"

"Ah, we believe you," Mi Nam said in a naughty manner.

Tae Kyung looked at his two bandmates making silly faces.

"Stop that!" he chided them.

He Yi leaned on the wall while crossing her arms on her chest. She enjoyed the sight of Tae Kyung reprimanding his bandmates.

"Huh! Nae abeoji probably investigated who sent that text message to him," she smirked her evil smirk.

Then, she shrugged her shoulders and left the kitchen. Jeremy and Mi Nam were sore with all the beating that Tae Kyung gave them, so they continued cooking. Tae Kyung, meanwhile, looked back at He Yi and found her gone.

"I wish I can talk to her while we are still here," he sadly thought.

****

That night, he finally had the chance.

Her parents were at the opera house, watching some shows. Jeremy and Mi Nam were upstairs, busy playing video games. The servants were all asleep because He Yi was strict when it came to their time. And He Yi was still up and about, pruning her orchids. 

Tae Kyung went to her in the veranda.

"Can we talk?" he asked.

"Go ahead," she said casually while not leaving her vision from her plants.

"I mean, seriously, can we talk?" he asked.

He Yi noted the seriousness of his voice, so she turned to him and looked at him in her y manner.

"I never had a serious talk with Hwang Tae Kyung before," she said. "Geureseo, geuge mwoya (so, what is it)?"

She sat on the balcony and continued to look at him with her y manner.

"Do you know how to ease a broken heart?" he asked her.

He Yi scoffed.

"Are you talking about you and Mi Nyu?" she asked, and he nodded. "Omo, I don't think you are asking the right person."

"What makes you think I am asking the wrong person?" he asked. "I asked that certain person because I once broke her heart."

He Yi wanted to be sure, so she pointed at herself.

"Are you talking about me?" she asked sarcastically.

Tae Kyung rolled his eyeballs.

"Who else am I talking with right now?" he asked.

He Yi rolled her eyeballs in disgust and shook her head.

"You're crazy," she said. "Why will you even ask me? You have no originality."

"Pfft!" Tae Kyung said with a frown.

"I can even sue you for plagiarism if you do what I do to forget you," He Yi said.

Tae Kyung laughed at her foolishness.

"Haha, are you saying that you had your how-to-ease-a-broken-heart method patented?" he asked. "Forget that I even asked."

He walked to the balcony and sat a few inches beside her.

"Why are you still here?" she asked.

"And why not?" he shot back. "As if there is your name plastered over here."

He Yi shot him a cold and y glare before going down. She started to walk away when Tae Kyung pulled her wrist, and she looked back at him.

"Ya!" she screamed.

Tae Kyung got down and looked at her earnestly. She was afraid because he never looked at her like this before.

"Gaji ma," he whispered.

Then he pulled her close for a tight embrace.

"Y...ya!" He Yi complained, half-speaking, half-whispering.

She felt his hand running through her back.

"Are you...doing this...to forget Mi Nyu?" was her hurt and jealous question.

"Ani."

"Are you regretting for breaking up with me?"

"Ani."

The answers irritated her.

"Wae?" she cried herself to tears as he continued to hug her. "Are you doing this to remember me?"

"Ani."

"Geureom wae?" she demanded.

She felt his lips through her hair, and she felt his grip around her tighter. His hands had a gentle caress to it that it freaked her out.

"I'm starting to look at you," he whispered.

The confession melted her heart.

"Only me?" she asked for assurance.

"Ne..."

Tears started falling from her eyes because he started to feel for her. She did not realize that her hands started to wrap themselves around him as well.

"Hwang Tae Kyung, gomawo..." she whispered back.

 

~~~~

(since everything is settled with Tae Kyung and He Yi, there will be more and more Dooley moments to come! So please stay tuned!)

 

~~~~