How Can I Get Over You?

Play Your Love

During dinner time, Shin Woo announced to his family and relatives that Mi Nyu is now his girlfriend. Eomma and Appa congratulated them, and Halmeoni gave her blessings to them. The twins were very much teasing them, while their parents told them to behave. Even Min Hyuk and their other cousin, Sora, could not help but smile from ear to ear. Soon, even Shin Woo's uncles and aunts were talking about weddings and receptions and honeymoon night. Mi Nyu got embarrassed because she had no idea what happens during honeymoon.

"It is too early to be talking of it, Eomma," Min Hyuk said to his mother. Then to Shin Woo, "Mianhada, Hyung."

Shin Woo just smiled his charismatic smile and nodded.

*****

That evening, after washing the dishes, Sora went back to her room to check on the latest updates on K-pop world. Then a horrible news flashed across the screen, so she ran to Mi Nyu's room and barged in.

"Mi Nyu-ya, the AN Jell dorm is on fire!" Sora announced in panic.

Mi Nyu's eyes grew wide and went with Sora out of her room. Even the twins were watching some dramas when the news about the fire was flashed on the screen.

"Oppa!!!" Mi Nyu screamed in tears.

Shin Woo came out of his room and saw the news. He saw his girlfriend in tears, so he pulled her close to alleviate her pain.

"It is a relief that the AN Jell members are safe," the reported the reporter. "As of the moment, the three members, the stylist, and their manager are taken cared of."

But Mi Nyu could not help but worry. Of course, she was worried because she loved Mi Nam so much. Sure, she had worried about Tae Kyung even if she no longer loved him. She cared for Jeremy, Coordi Noona, and Manager Ma. She rushed into her room, where Shin Woo followed.

Mi Nyu got her phone and dialed Mi Nam's number.

"Yeoboseyo?" Mi Nam answered from the other line.

"Oppa!" Mi Nyu said in tears. "Gwaenchanhseumnikka?"

"Ne," Mi Nam said. "We are all perfectly fine. Hyung and Jeremy are fine, but due to trauma, Jeremy had to take Jolie to the vet."

Mi Nyu listened as to what had happened. She learned that someone tried to burn down the house, and as for the reason, it was still being investigated. Ahn-sajangnim wanted to take them into his house, (except for Coordi Noona and Manager Ma, who had their own dwelling places), but He Yi came and announced that she'll take them under her manor. Mi Nyu did not, however, felt any pangs of jealousy when she learned that Tae Kyung was going to stay at He Yi's house.

"How... how about Aunt Mi Ja?" Mi Nyu asked.

"She is in our hometown for two weeks now for a vacation," Mi Nam said.

Mi Nyu shed her tears again, and Shin Woo wrapped her into his warm embrace.

"Shhh... uljima (stop crying)," Mi Nam crooned to his sister.

Then, Mi Nyu nodded and confessed to her oppa that Shin Woo's now her boyfriend. Mi Nam's voice perked up from the other line, and congratulated them. He asked to talk to Shin Woo, so Mi Nyu gave her phone to her jagiya. Shin Woo took the call and asked them how they were all faring in Seoul. While he was assuring Mi Nam that he was taking great care of Mi Nyu, the girl in question leaned on her boyfriend's shoulder and held his arm.

~~~~

"Ah, geurae?" Mi Nam asked. "Hyung, please take care of my sister. And, chukhahae."

The other two members were listening to Mi Nam.

"I am sure that you will make my sister pure until wedding night," Mi Nam said.

Jeremy could not help but be sad. Though he felt he had given up on her, he thought he was still in love with Mi Nyu. Now that she and Shin Woo were the couple, Jeremy thought it was time to move on. For him, being happy is the most important thing in the world.

But happiness was not Tae Kyung's option. He felt extremely jealous when he knew that Shin Woo and Mi Nyu were already a couple. He still loved Mi Nyu so much that it hurt to let her go, and he could not forgive her for breaking up with him. He could not even forgive Shin Woo for taking Mi Nyu's attention away from him.

"If I get angry, I lose," he convinced himself.

But he thought he could lose because he was really angry, and he hated it. He could not let go of his jealousy. As a distraction, he went to the balcony where He Yi was pruning some little roots from her hanging orchids. He looked on boredly because He Yi did not even talk to him.

She had taken them under her roof because Ahn-sajangnim's manor was far from the AN Jell dorm and the AN Entertainment building. He Yi's manor was near to both, so she was the AN Jell's benefactor. She gave an ultimatum to the guys while the agency is still looking for a dorm. They should do household chores and do all manly tasks like they were vying to be her parents' son-in-law. The three guys cringed at the conditions, but they could not do anything because she was the hateful fairy that they love to hate and hate to love.

And for now, Tae Kyung just looked at the fake fairy tending to her plants. He had no idea that she was very dedicated to her orchids.

"I have no idea that you are this diligent," Tae Kyung finally spoke out of boredom.

She realized he was there, so she smiled wickedly and told him that she was always diligent.

"And I have no idea you are into orchids," Tae Kyung said in slight sarcasm.

"Geurae, because I am intelligent in keeping most of my hobbies a secret, and Reporter Kim is stupid for not digging enough about me!" she bragged.

He looked on and saw how careful she was when she was with her plants, unlike the way when she dealt with people.

"You have a green thumb," he said.

"I know, right?" she replied. "Besides, taking care of plants is a very agreeable hobby. It makes me forget my problems and my frustrations of the day."

He listened on. Could it be that tending to her plants was one way for her to forget him?

Had He Yi really forgotten about Tae Kyung?

And in that instant, Tae Kyung began seeing He Yi in a new light. Though he loathed her to the bones, he admired her for being clever in finding ways to distract herself.

"May I help you tend your orchids?" he offered.

He Yi looked at him in astonishment.

"Ah, no need," she said rather carelessly. "You are allergic to pollens, and my babies might have some allergens for you."

Was she even trying to distance away like the flowers he hated?

"Oh, by the way, I will go night shopping today, for you guys," He Yi said rather dryly. "And my car is in the mechanic."

Tae Kyung pursed his lips before replying.

"Are you making me your personal chauffer?" he scoffed.

"Wae andwae?" she mightily asked. "I told you that you need to work your bones off like the three of you are wanting to be my groom. Enough of complaints!"

Tae Kyung wanted to match her wit for wit, but He Yi's parents were in the house. All he could do was to obey, even if it was half-hearted.

 

~~~~