When A Lie Becomes Truth

Play Your Love

Jeremy and Mi Nam shook their heads furiously. They were not going with Tae Kyung and He Yi to the supermarket. Jeremy said that he'd rather be eating spicy Indian food the whole day than spend a few hours with He Yi.

"A geurae?" He Yi asked with an evil grin. "I can let my chef cook some spicy Indian food only for you--for a whole day!"

Jeremy was rash. He thought he could not live with hot foods for the rest of the day, so he grudgingly agreed to come. Mi Nam did not want to come because He Yi was schemingly evil, but she threatened not to buy something for him if he would not join. And so, with that harmless little threat, Mi Nam agreed to go with her.

Tae Kyung, of course, drove for the four of them.

*****

Tae Kyung and Jeremy thought about the time when the two of them, Shin Woo, and Mi Nyu shopped at the grocery together. It was the time when Jeremy finally knew the truth about Mi Nyu's true gender. The boys acted like boys discreetly so that their girl would not be busted.

"Ah, I remember the Bibi noodle dance," Jeremy thought sadly.

"Jeremy, are you not going to buy some food for Jolie?" He Yi asked, cutting his thoughts.

"Ah, ne..." Jeremy mumbled.

He Yi still had her airs despite her disguise, asking Mi Nam or Tae Kyung to buy this or that.

"Omo, my BB cream is almost out of stock," Jeremy complained to Mi Nam.

"You can use mine," He Yi offered, part bragging.

"What brand do you use?" Jeremy asked.

So, He Yi revealed. When Jeremy knew that he was using the same brand as He Yi, he nodded in agreement like an eager dog. Mi Nam and Tae Kyung rolled their eyeballs in disgust, mentally cursing Jeremy for falling into He Yi's trap.

"I can buy some for myself tomorrow," He Yi said.

"Ya, will you stop bragging about how great your BB cream is?" Tae Kyung asked. "I am hungry."

"Food!" Jeremy and Mi Nam shouted as they pointed at different cubicles.

He Yi smirked. After all, she wanted to shop because she had guests at home, mainly, the three guys. So, whatever food they desired to pick is their own choice.

"I will be paying for all of these," she said dryly.

"Geurae?" skeptic Mi Nam asked.

"Geurae, coz I am the host!" He Yi said. "You really think I am all evil. In fact, I am also an angel!"

"Dream on," Tae Kyung said nonchalantly as he pushed the heavy cart.

Tae Kyung continued pushing the cart while letting Jeremy and Mi Nam choose to their heart's content. Anyway, it would be He Yi paying for them, so it was vengeance!

Finally, the two monkeys finished picking all the food and stocks needed, and Mi Nam helped Tae Kyung push the cart to the counter. They unloaded the goods for the tired lady to take care of.

"I pity her a lot, Hyung," Mi Nam whispered to Tae Kyung. "She looks beat."

"It's eleven at night, after all," Tae Kyung whispered back dryly. "In thirty minutes, they are gonna close for the night."

The lady did not realize that the customers were AN Jell, but when He Yi got to the counter, the lady's eyes grew wide open.

"Ah, He Yi-ssi, I am your fan!" the lady blurted out.

He Yi smiled her fake saccharine smile and signed her autograph at her picture which the lady at the counter gave to her.

"Oh, gamsahamnida," the lady said with a smile.

The lady excitedly finished her chores that she did not recognize AN Jell in their disguise. Tae Kyung fumed because He Yi was being an airhead again.

"Geuraeso, bring those boxes to the car," He Yi ordered the boys.

Mi Nam and Jeremy looked at each other, and Tae Kyung finally spoke up.

"Are you being harsh on us, Fake Fairy?" he chided her.

The lady at the counter recognized his voice, so she gushed at him and the other guys, and asked for their autographs. The lady had also heard the news about the burned dorm, and she congratulated He Yi for taking care of the boys.

"Well, I should be good to them, geureohchyo?" He Yi smiled again.

"Oh, it was so sad that He Yi-ssi and Tae Kyung-ssi should part ways," the gossipmonger that she is, the lady blurted out. "But I congratulate you and your current girlfriend."

Tae Kyung did not say anything, but only nodded. The lady called over some guys who were pushing some carts and requested them to help AN Jell and He Yi bring out the cartons of goods to the car.

****

Oh, it was so sad that He Yi-ssi and Tae Kyung-ssi should part ways. But I congratulate you and your current girlfriend.

The lady's sentiment was ringing in Tae Kyung's mind. He did not like both of it, and he gripped his hands tight on the steering wheel. So tight was his grip that he almost forgot to swerve to the right, that he jerked his hand, causing the car to steer in a sudden motion. Jeremy and Mi Nam, who were asleep, woke up from the sudden motion of the car.

"Ya, do not be careless, arasseo?" He Yi told Tae Kyung. "I still have lots of fans to take care of!"

"I thought you might say you still have a lot of sins to confess," Tae Kyung lampooned her.

"Hyung, do not be rash," Mi Nam told him. "You know very well my sister is always sensitive."

Tae Kyung and He Yi shut their mouths. Both did not want to hear her name now. Not now.

"Ehem, as I was saying," He Yi said. "You should be careful! Jolie is very excited of her dog food, and my orchids needs those cans of beer."

"Jolie is still in the vet," Jeremy told her.

"So? She will still get the food once you take her home," He Yi rationalized.

"What's with the beer?" Jeremy asked.

"If I am tired drinking, I pour it to my orchids!" He Yi revealed.

"What a waste," Mi Nam hissed.

"Aish, stop complaining," Tae Kyung said without apologizing.

Mi Nam and Jeremy fumed at their hyung's rudeness, but they get back to sleep.

****

He Yi checked the cupboard to see it filled with food. She was contented because she did not know what to feed the boys. And with them picking up their choices, it was easy.

"You are being kind today," Tae Kyung spoke out of nowhere.

He Yi jumped in fright, then looked at him with a pout.

"Of course, I am always kind!" she said.

"No, I am serious," he said in a pensive mood.

"Huh! I never felt the sincerity and honesty of your words, but thanks for the thought," He Yi carelessly said back.

He Yi sighed contentedly at the food before closing the cupboard. She bid Tae Kyung good night and went straight to her room. But Tae Kyung looked at  her sadly.

"But I was only telling the truth...."

 

~~~~