Tell Me, Please

Play Your Love

Min Hyuk knocked a lot of times by Shin Woo's door. The scruffy-haired guy barged in after receiving no permission from his hyung. He was very surprised to see an unconscious Shin Woo lying on the floor.

"Hyung!" Min Hyuk shouted as he dashed to his cousin.

He grabbed the man on the floor and tried to wake him up. Good thing, Shin Woo was still breathing, but he was still asleep. So, Min Hyuk shook him again, and Shin Woo gingerly woke up.

"My head..." he drawled as he held his head.

"What is it, Hyung?" Min Hyuk asked.

He helped Shin Woo sit on the floor.

"Something's going on...in my head," Shin Woo said again, grimacing.

Min Hyuk stood up and promised to get back with medicine. After a while, he came back with the medicine and a glass of water. Shin Woo took the medicine even on an empty stomach.

"Today's the hiking, Hyung," Min Hyuk said.

"I... I might not join...mianhae..." Shin Woo said.

He stood up with Min Hyuk's help and went out of the room.

****

At breakfast, the whole family was up and about, excited about the outing. Min Hyuk looked at Shin Woo in concern, and cleared his throat. Mi Nyu noticed Min Hyuk getting uncomfortable.

"Joesonghamnida, Halmeoni," Shin Woo finally spoke up. "I will not join."

"Wae?" Halmeoni asked.

"I'm...I am kinda tired..." Shin Woo lied.

"Ah, geureom, just rest, arasseo?" Eomma said.

"I... I will not join..." Mi Nyu remarked.

Everybody looked at her, then Halmeoni decided that Mi Nyu can stay to cook for Shin Woo. The twins looked at each other naughtily while kicking each other's shins. No doubt, something romantic just might happen between Shin Woo and Mi Nyu.

****

The rest of the family save for Shin Woo, Mi Nyu, and Seok Ho went hiking. The lawyer stayed because he would be off to Seoul after breakfast to go visit Byung Moon-go and find out about the developments. So, for the rest of the morning, Mi Nyu was up and about, cleaning the house like she did back at the convent.

Shin Woo was lying while crouching on bed, nursing his head. Mi Nyu came in to give him some snacks which she made for the two of them.

"Shin Woo-hyung?" she called out.

But Shin Woo did not move to look at her, for his back was facing her. She was so worried that she placed the tray of food on his table and went to him. She sat on his bed and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Shin Woo-hyung, gwaenchanheuseyo?" she asked.

She wrapped her arms around Shin Woo and whispered to him lovingly.

"Be all right now, Shin Woo-hyung," she said.

Shin Woo felt her skin on his arms and brought his hand from his head to her hand. She felt him squeeze her hand warmly, as if telling her that he will be fine.

"I will be fine," he whispered back. "I hope you will always be this sweet to me."

Mi Nyu scooted even more and brought her face closer to his cheeks.

"Shin Woo-hyung, I brought some snacks for you," she whispered.

"Where are they?" he asked.

"All of them are out, and Uncle Seok Ho went back to Seoul," she said.

She released her embrace as he attempted to get up.

"Is your head aching real bad?" she asked when he sat on his bed.

"My head..." he grimaced.

Mi Nyu went to the table and pulled it closer to the bed. She brought some medicine along, and gave the snacks for him first.

"I miss eating with you on days like this," she said.

"Do we eat like this?" he asked, a bit weary.

"Ye...we share snacks...even if my clothes will get dirty with all the chips, you did not mind," she said perkily to bring up his mood.

Shin Woo looked at Mi Nyu eating silently. He remembered the picture of them together. If she was his ex-girlfriend, how come she is still sweet to him? How did they break up?

When Shin Woo finished his food, Mi Nyu gave him his medication, and he took it.

"Gomawo," he said. "You can be a good wife already."

She pouted cutely. "I am not ready to be married, Shin Woo-hyung..."

He ruffled her hair, then caressed her cheeks fondly.

"If I feel better this afternoon, can we go back to the lake?" he asked.

Mi Nyu happily nodded because she wanted to be with him. She took out the tray and went out of the room. Shin Woo looked at her as she got out.

"Why... why do I see a glass chapel in my dream?" he asked himself.

*****

That afternoon, Shin Woo was feeling better, so the two of them went to the market to buy some fruits. Mi Nyu was very excited to be moving around the market, and Shin Woo thought that Mi Nyu was practicing to be a wife.

After the market trip, they went to the lake and rested under the tree. The two of them diligently spread the mat and placed their basket in the center of the mat. Then, they washed their hands with the water that they had brought along.

Shin Woo sat down and watched Mi Nyu taking off her sandals daintily. He smiled as he grabbed a paring knife and an apple.

"Want some apple?" he asked her.

"Ye..." she said as she sat on the mat.

She watched as he peeled the skin of the apple like a pro. Of course, he was good at that, because she taught him how to.

"Since you had been serving me this morning, it is time for me to reciprocate the act," he said.

Mi Nyu giggled as she nodded her head.

"Can we... call this a date?" he .

"Date? Uh....y...ye..." she said with a blush.

"I do not know how to call it, but friends date with each other, right?" he asked.

"Ah...ye..." she mumbled.

He smiled at her own clumsiness. She looked at him as he dexterously placed the peeled apples on a plate.

"Here," he said as he gave her the plate.

She took it and thanked him. Then, she got a fork and took an apple slice.

"Here," she .

He let out a charming smile at her as he bit into the apple. She could not get enough of that smile that she felt her heart banging against her chest.

"Can we stay here until sunset?" he asked.

"Ye..." she said.

****

Both of them watched the sunset together.

"Ah.... yeppeuda..." she sighed happily.

"I do not know if it was sunset, but it felt like afternoon," Shin Woo said. "When I held your hand, and you held my hand to let go."

Mi Nyu stopped smiling and looked at him, who looked back at her sadly and solemnly. She did not even tell him that, but she remembered doing that to him, and it was on that day that he was subtly telling her to be with him.

"Sh... Shin Woo-hyung..." she said.

"I may not remember anything...but I started to," he said. "That day, you, me, and Jeremy were at the beach."

She remembered that a lot. It was the first time she saw the sea.

"I remembered... the two of us... sharing a cake together... me drinking coffee from a mug... in a restaurant... in Japan," he said.

Tears fell from her eyes as he remembered that day. She did not tell him what transpired the day before.

"I remembered hugging you in the glass chapel, telling you secrets I cannot even remember, telling you my feelings," he said. "But that night, you let me go... and you never looked back."

Mi Nyu grabbed his hand, but he took it away.

"That is why my head is hurting much because it is trying to remember as many as I could," he said, tears falling down his eyes. "I could not understand why... why you left me..."

"Sh... Shin Woo-hy..."

"I saw a picture of us together, in an article which said that you were my girlfriend," he said. "Why did we become lovers? Why did we break up? What did I do for you to tell me to let you go? Why... why did you end up with Tae Kyung? How come?"

It was too much for him and for her.

She needed to explain.

He needed to know.

Most of his memories were not there yet, but he needed answers to his questions. He held her hand again and begged her, like he was demanding for answers.

"Tell me, please..." he said as his voice broke.

Mi Nyu shed her tears, then realized that the sun had already set over the horizon. It was evening, and they needed to go home.

"Shin Woo-hyung.... can I... tell you at home?"

Shin Woo nodded.

In silence, the two of kept their things in the basket, and folded the mat. Then, they went home.

But the way home was filled with deafening silence. Mi Nyu needed all the time to explain, while Shin Woo needed to prepare himself for the truth.

 

~~~~