Love Or Guilt?

Play Your Love

The two of them did not eat dinner because they were full, and they were not in the mood to eat a decent dinner. Mi Nyu had been contemplating on how to break the truth to Shin Woo, who was preparing himself to hear the truth.

Both of them stayed inside Shin Woo's room, and both of them sat on the floor across each other. Mi Nyu fumbled with her fingers because she did not know where to start.

"I am not sure what to tell you first, but I will tell you exactly who I am," she said.

She told him that she was a novice from the convent who was supposed to go to Rome for her vows, but her ticket got lost, and she had to stay to impersonate Mi Nam, who was in America for an emergency. And she told him how she got to know each of the guys. She told him the little things that both of them did together, like eating in a restaurant and planning to hit the amusement park afterwards. She told him that he helped her make her autograph, which Mi Nam is currently using. And she told him about the phone conversation while they were at Myeongdong. She told him many more other things which he did for her, like comforting her and singing for her when she was crying.

And all along, she thought he had been doing it because he was being friendly. He even told her about his secrets, like killing dogs together, and the clumsy girl. She also shared how the two of them got to be on-screen lovers. She told him that when he told her to come to Busan with him, she did not come. She told him about the event at the beach, the encounter and all his confessions at the glass chapel, and the reconciliation at the Japanese bar with the coffee and the cake.

She confessed that all along, while he had been doing good things to her, she was pining for Tae Kyung. At first, she was trying to please Tae Kyung to be in his favor because she always did reckless things to his dismay. But later on, she had fallen for him, and she had to hide it. But then, Tae Kyung had been shielding her from the world to protect her identity, and to protect her from He Yi. She did not tell him, however, of Tae Kyung's secret surrounding his birth and his relationship with Mo Hwa Rang. She told him that He Yi and Tae Kyung became lovers as well, but in the end, they had to separate.

"Did they separate....because Tae Kyung had you?" Shin Woo asked.

"Ye," she said.

"Why...why did we break up?" he asked her, confused all the more.

Mi Nyu cried when he asked the question, because the next revelation was the most hurtful truth.

"We...we were just on-screen lovers, Shin Woo-hyung," she revealed in tears. "We did not break up because... to start with, there was never you and me..."

And she cried all the more, making Shin Woo confused and agitated.

"So, you mean... we were pretending to be lovers? I mean... there was never us? Why did I confess?" he asked her.

"You confessed to me because you loved me. And even if there was never us, your love was one-sided, because I never loved you," she shared in between sobs.

Shin Woo got pensive and thought about the matter.

"Confessions are done only in love, right?" he asked her solemnly. "Why...why are you always crying when we are together now?"

Mi Nyu covered her face with her hands.

"Is it because... you are guilty that I turned out this way?" he asked.

Mi Nyu dropped her hands.

"I was afraid that if you know the truth about the two of us, you will get angry at me," she said. "That is why I had you promise that you will not hate me if you knew."

"You only told me to promise," he said. "I did not keep the promise because you ran away after telling me to keep it, and I could not tell you."

"Will...will you promise?" she asked.

"I... I am afraid I cannot," he said. "Deep inside, truth to be told, I am still confused..."

And Mi Nyu went on.

"Geureomyeon, I will not force you to make the promise," she said, then wept again.

Shin Woo's fists shook as he began to digest the information.

"When Jeremy told us that you got into an accident, I was in great distress, because I suddenly realized your great importance to me... and my goal then was to make sure that you will get well... And that was why I did not push through with my trip to Africa."

"Are you...by any chance...doing these for me because you are guilty for breaking my heart?" Shin Woo asked.

Mi Nam had told her that before, which was why she had to figure out her feelings as to whether she was caring for him because she was guilty, or that she started to care for him because she saw how valuable he is to her.

"Do you really love me?" he asked, his voice breaking out.

Mi Nyu's tears started to fall.

"I love you, Shin Woo-hyung... I...I was afraid to tell you that I love you... I said I love you as a friend, because I am afraid that once your memory gets back, you will hate me because I had never loved you..."

"But are you only loving me because you are guilty that I turned out to be like this?" he asked again. "I wanna know."

But Mi Nyu only cried.

"I cannot remember things, and I feel I harbored feelings for you now," he confessed. ""I can never remember how I loved you, and if ever I love you, I will love you with the way I am today. But it is a shame to share you my true feelings if you only love me out of guilt."

"Shin Woo-hyung!" she exclaimed. "I...I admit I was really guilty for hurting your heart, for breaking your heart... but I realized that I want to love you but not out of guilt..."

"Not out of guilt?"

"I did things so you can, at least, remember me... that you can remember yourself...." she said. "And when I broke up with Hyungnim, I finally realized that I have feelings for you... that I love you. It is true that I love you... But not as a friend, Shin Woo-hyung..."

Tears fell down Shin Woo's eyes. He still could not decipher how to love her with the dead love he used to have for her. He felt he had loved her before, but he did not know how. And trying to remember it, he could not revive the old love he used to have for her.

When the mind forgets, the heart remembers. But that was, sadly, half-true in his case.

"I love you because.... I want you to look back at me again," Mi Nyu confessed.

Shin Woo's tears fell.

"Then, I am lucky," he said. "I once told you that I wish you will look at me that way... and you did..."

He scooted in front of her, held her hand while wiping her cheeks with his other hand.

"Are you... not angry at me, Shin Woo-hyung?" she asked.

He smiled sadly at her.

"I had the feeling that I had loved you before the accident, but I could not remember how I loved you," he said. "I tried so hard to feel the love I once had for you... but I guess it is better this way, that I love you with the love I have for you now. If I feel the old love I had for you back then, then I might even hate you for breaking my heart...."

"So...you mean, your heart could not even remember the pain I had caused you?" she asked.

"Eung.... My heart just pained everytime you cried in front of me without knowing why. But I cannot remember how you broke mine..."

He told her to sit on his lap, and she did. He had her lean her head on his shoulder as he wrapped his muscular arms around her petite body. He loved the smell of her shampoo and the subtle scent of her powder on her neck.

"I think it is better off this way," he whispered lovingly. "I think forgetting you is a way of finding you again... like meeting for the first time."

Mi Nyu squeezed his bicep with her hand.

"Jeoneun Go Mi Nyu-imnida," she reintroduced herself while fighting back tears.

"Kang Shin Woo-imnida," he whispered back. "Bangawoyo."

She could not make him look at her the way he used to, but at least, he began to see her unexpectedly, after all the efforts she did to make him remember her.

"I thank you for all the effort you did to make me remember you," he said. "I might not remember everything, but I am glad that you are being honest with me."

He pulled her gently off him so she could see his face. She could see that he still had that charming smile that used to make her soft and warm.

"Saranghae," he whispered lovingly. "I see you, not as a friend, but as a woman and lover."

He held her face gently, and leaned forward to grant her a soft kiss on her upper lip. She kissed his lower lip, feeling butterflies flying inside her stomach. His kiss was so gentle and warm that she pushed herself closer and allowed him to wrap her with his arms. And as she slightly opened her lips, his hot tongue found its way to meet hers, trying to memorize her. She let out a soft moan as he rubbed his hand on her back, and he let out a moan as she tousled his hair.

They separate from each other's kisses as their lungs shouted for air. And when they looked at each other's eyes, Mi Nyu saw the fire in his eyes, like his was the old love he used to have for her, hungry for the love that should have been his. Shin Woo let her lie on the floor, while he got on top of her. Then, he leaned forward to give her soft kisses, until their encounter got passionate and torrid. And Mi Nyu allowed Shin Woo to do it to her because she wanted him, and she knew that he wanted her too.

*****

The lights were out.

Both of them were still on the floor, lying next to each other. Shin Woo was asleep on his side, facing her. She could see his muscular chest underneath his button down shirt, and she blushed that her hyung could look this hot even in deep sleep. She scooted next to him closely, and wrapped his thigh with her thigh. She fixed her skirt so that it would not get torn. And she smiled as she appreciated his long lashes, his long nose, and his luscious and y lips.

Shin Woo gave her torrid kisses that night, but he did not undress her because he was trying to keep her as is. He knew that Mother Superior would be very displeased, and Tae Kyung had not even done that to her. And if something happened to them, Mi Nam would get into a revolutionary fit and join the Mafia to hunt him down.

And Mi Nyu was thankful that he wanted to wait for her.

 

~~~~