Mi Nyu Hates The Truth

Play Your Love

"Ja. Kang Shin Woo, Hwang Tae Kyung-imnida," Tae Kyung introduced himself.

"Hwang. Tae. Kyung," Shin Woo repeated diligently.

Patience was never Tae Kyung's virtue, but he thought nevertheless that it was still noon anyway. Shin Woo had a lot to learn. Might as well introduce him to them constantly.

But Jeremy and Mi Nam were astounded because Shin Woo was a fast learner--as if he just faked amnesia. But the tests showed that Shin Woo's brain did get affected. If he had faked it, he would not forget his own parents.

"All right, so you are Go Mi Nyu, the twin brother of Go Mi Nam," Shin Woo said, pointing to the twins.

"No, no, Shin Woo-hyung," Mi Nam corrected. "She is my SISTER. I am the BROTHER."

"Mianhae...," the poor patient said, then tried again.

"Then, this is Jeremy," he said.

"Yehey!" Jeremy rejoiced, then bragged at Tae Kyung.

"And you are Hwang Tae Kyung, and I am Kang Shin Woo," Shin Woo said.

Tae Kyung thought it was better to introduce him first to themselves, as they were present, not including the president, stylist, and the manager.

"And the man and woman who came before your examination are your Appa and Eomma."

"Appa.... Eomma... Appa is the man, Eomma is the woman, geuchyo?" he asked.

Jeremy and Mi Nam burst into applauses like amazed audience. Mi Nyu clapped silently, happy that her Shin Woo-hyung was able to know them. And when Shin Woo smiled at her, her heart melted. She missed that smile so much.

Finally, Tae Kyung thought it was better to increase the difficulty of the memory test. He had asked the neurosurgeon if it was all right to train Shin Woo, and the surgeon thought it was fine. Tae Kyung could manage it because he always had a plan in his head.

He taught Shin Woo his relationship with the band. He, the patient, was the guitarist of the band. Shin Woo asked what it was about, so the leader had to explain in simple terms. The patient was also introduced who was the vocalist and leader, the drummer, and the keyboardist. He was explained what each member does in simple terms.

"And, who is Mi Nyu in the band?" he asked.

Tae Kyung thought it was his chance to finally shove Mi Nyu's memory of being the fake Mi Nam from Shin Woo's memory. He did not want his girlfriend to get involved with Shin Woo again.

"She is my girlfriend," Tae Kyung said.

Mi Nyu knew it was the truth, but suddenly, she felt that the truth hurt, and she did not like it. Painfully, she suddenly felt that she did not want to be with her Hyungnim anymore.

"Ah, so she is your girlfriend," Shin Woo followed. "What is girlfriend?"

Jeremy and Mi Nam explained. But the sentences coming from Shin Woo's mouth cut her heart to a million pieces. She did not want Shin Woo to say that she was Tae Kyung's girlfriend.

"Why am I suddenly feeling this way?" she asked herself. "Is it because I am feeling pity for him? Did I just pity and miss him, that is why I am feeling like this?"

And suddenly, she remembered the time when Shin Woo scolded her in the dark, in the dancing studio. That she only went to him when she cried, and walked away without remembering him when she was all right. She clenched her chest and hid behind Mi Nam so that her tear or two won't be seen. If she went out, Shin Woo might even be more confused.

"I... I took him for granted..." she thought bitterly. "If he had not forgotten me, I would not realize how precious he is to me. And now, all our memories are gone..."

Tae Kyung saw his girl sitting by the corner like a zombie. He thought she was only tired of caring for Shin Woo for weeks without rest. He thought it was best to treat her to some food.

"So, what is love?" Shin Woo asked.

Jeremy, Mi Nam, and Tae Kyung looked at each other.

"Geuge....we cannot explain it, because it is felt here," Mi Nam said as he touch his , "And not here," touching his temple.

Shin Woo frowned.

"I am even more confused."

"Sorry to confuse you, Hyung, but love cannot be understood. It cannot be defined," Jeremy said, with Mi Nam nodding in agreement.

It was true. But Shin Woo frowned all the more.

"Then, I must not like Love, then," he said. "Because I want to understand right now, and I do not like things I cannot understand."

Mi Nyu heard the statement and gaped. He loved her dearly, so dearly, in the past, that  he felt he would die when she pushed him away. And now, he did not understand love, so he was not willing to like it.

"Shin Woo-hyung!" she ed.

The other three guys looked at her in confusion, most especially Tae Kyung.

"Shin Woo-hyung, do not think that you cannot hate love just because you do not understand it," Mi Nyu said to him in tears. "It is true that even we cannot understand it, because, just as Oppa had said, it is felt in the heart."

Shin Woo knitted his eyebrows. He had not seen Mi Nyu this way eversince he woke up. He did not understand why she was crying.

"Love has different meanings to different people that is why it cannot be descrbed," she told him. "Like, Hyungnim, Oppa, and Jeremy love you, that is why they were crying during your accident, and they are doing their best to make you know them."

"Neo," he asked her. "Nareul saranghae?"

 The question kicked her like a punch. She did not expect him to ask that, so she looked at Tae Kyung.

"Ah...." she stammered.

"Ne, she loves you," Jeremy said, hiding the hurt. "Because she is your chingu."

"Chingu?" the patient asked.

Mi Nyu heaved a sigh for Jeremy saving her life.

"Ahaha, new word for the day! Chingu!" Mi Nam said, and explained to him in simple terms. "My sister loves you because you are her friend also, and she took care of you."

Mi Nyu thanked her brother and her blonde friend silently for covering for her.

"She loves you the way we do love you," Tae Kyung said stiffly. "Because we are friends."

Shin Woo lit up his charming smile, but the smile was like a dagger to Mi Nyu.

"Yeoreobun, gamsahamnida," he said. "Thanks for all the love. You really are my friends."

He smiled at them, and they smiled back at him.

 

Tae Kyung's POV

I am so gonna talk to Mi Nyu. She made him confused even more! And I am not going to let her fall for him.

 

Jeremy's POV

I love her still, that is why I covered for her...

 

Mi Nam's POV

What's wrong with her? Might as well tell her.

 

Shin Woo's POV

They are so kind to me. I want to be their friend forever.

 

Mi Nyu's POV

Now, Shin Woo-hyung is only looking at me as a friend... and I deserve it, right? Because I asked for this...

 

~~~~~