The Piece Of My Heart

Play Your Love

The next day, Mi Nyu baked a chocolate cake. Then, she made some icing and decorated her masterpiece.

"Huh?" she thought. "The cake is too frail. What have I done?"

But the cake was standing still even if it was frail. She took her finished product to Shin Woo, who was watching TV in the living room.

"Shin Woo-hyu---!"

But she slipped forward, and her face dropped on the cake, just like the pie-to-face smashing in variety shows. Shin Woo immediately got up and helped her to her feet.

"Gwaenchanha?" he asked in great concern.

But Mi Nyu was crying again like a little child. 

"My Baby Girl, ulji ma, ulji ma..." he crooned.

He took her up and brought her to the kitchen, where he helped her wash her face. When he was sure that her face was all right and free from chocolates, she told him she needed to clean up the mess in the living room. Both of them went to the other room to clean up the cake on the floor, but Mi Nyu was still sobbing.

"I feel like I am caring for a yeodongsaeng," he said as he leaned to her.

Mi Nyu did not need to ask why, as he wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"I feel the need to take care of you because you are always crying," he said.

"It's because.... the cake was for you," she said.

Shin Woo's heart fluttered. He was happy that she made the effort to make a cake for him.

"Hyungnim does not like to eat all the time," she said. "It is you who I can be on an eating marathon for a hobby."

Both of them went to the balcony and threw the cake in Jolie's food bowl.

"Joesonghamnida, Jeremy. Joesonghamnida, Shin Woo-hyung," she said in tears.

Shin Woo wrapped his arms around her and brought her closer to his chest. Mi Nyu missed being hugged by Shin Woo-hyung that she wrapped her arms around him as well. He rubbed her back and crooned her.

"Don't cry now, Mi Nyu-ya," he whispered softly. "My Baby Girl, stop, stop...shhh..."

She brought her hands close, rubbed his chest, and continued to sob. She really missed this part of him, though he never called her "Baby Girl" in the past.

*****

And so, the two of them made another batch of cake together, and since Shin Woo could follow instructions, he did as told in the cookbook. Mi Nyu was astonished because his cake was sturdy. And when the two of them ate the cake, the cake was moist.

Mi Nyu fed him with the cake, and he did too. He noticed that she sloppily ate her cake, so he wiped the icing off her lips with his thumb, and he the icing off.

"Shin Woo-hyung, gamsahamnida," she said.

"Anything for you, my Baby Girl," he said. "Hyung is here, right?"

He was just a hyung....

"Ye...."

Mi Nyu knew that Oppa and the rest would not be back soon, so she requested him to sleep in her room tonight.

"There are no ghosts, are there?" he .

"Anio, Shin Woo-hyung," she said.

Then, he ruffled her hair, and they continued eating the cake, while leaving some for Aunt Mi Ja.

Mi Nyu was baking a cake because she was giving her heart to Shin Woo.

 

~~~~