I Am Superman, You're A Loser

Play Your Love

我是 Superman, yeah/ 我是 Superman, yeah/ 我是 Superman, yeah/ 你是 loser...

(I am Superman, yeah/ I am Superman, yeah/ I am Superman, yeah/ You're a loser...)

("Superman" by Nese, "Hot Shot" OST)

*****

Min Hyuk woke up early and prepared food for everybody. He was the "lady" of the house, and he was good with house chores. His cousins and his younger twin sisters woke up early only to eat.

"Ya, do not touch that," he admonished them. "I am saving that for our picnic."

"Ne, Min Hyuk-oppa," one of the twins said.

"Min Hee," Min Hyuk said to one of his younger sis, "Could you please wake Mi Nyu-noona up?"

"Why do I have to do that, Oppa?" Min Hee asked.

"She is grown up," her twin, Min Hae said.

"Aish, do not argue," Min Hyuk said.

The twins went to Mi Nyu's room and knocked. They were astonished to see Mi Nyu outside, watering the plants.

"Omo, Shin Woo-oppa's visitor is working!" Min Hee gasped.

"She looks great with Shin Woo-oppa," Min Hae said. "I wish they will get back together."

"Ne, so we can brag to our classmates in school!" Min Hee said.

****

And so, after breakfast, Shin Woo, Mi Nyu, Min Hyuk, and the twins went to the lake. The girls spread some mats and placed their picnic basket. Mi Nyu started preparing the food for all of them.

"Ahhhh, food~~~" Min Hyuk said.

The twins looked on eagerly as Shin Woo sat beside Mi Nyu, who lovingly gave him a plate full of goodies. Min Hyuk must have noticed too, but he elbowed Min Hee and told her to shut up.

"Oppa!" Min Hee frowned.

"How do you like it here, Hyung?" Min Hyuk asked.

"Ah, the air is fresh, and everything is pleasing to the eyes," Shin Woo said.

The twins bit their lips to avoid saying something wrong, most especially when Shin Woo's bumonim told them not to mention to him about his past with Mi Nyu.

"Ya!" a male voice spoke up.

The five of them turned to see seventeen guys standing from afar, with one of them holding a baseball bat.

"Look who's back in town," the leader said.

"If it is not Kang Shin Woo," the second leader said.

Shin Woo shot a confused look at Min Hyuk, who smiled gingerly at them.

"Ah, ehehe, if you forgive us, but Shin Woo-hyung forgot all about his past," Min Hyuk apologized to them.

"And?" the leader asked. "That does not prevent us from getting our revenge!"

And so, the seventeen of them ran towards them. Shin Woo and Min Hyuk got up and waited for the guys. First, it was Min Hyuk who started to strike at the guys, who were really good that they managed to through him out of the battlefield.

Min Hee, Min Hae, and Mi Nyu all crowded in fear, and Mi Nyu clasped her hands in prayer for their safety. Shin Woo waited calmly as the leader of the group started to box him.

But Shin Woo was faster than they ever thought. He started to kick them here and there, like he had been trained to fight. And one by one, he managed to get every man down. And seventeen to one, Shin Woo won the fight.

"Whoa~~~ daebak!" Min Hee crooned at her cousin.

"So, Kang Shin Woo-oppa's AN Jell legend is true!" Min Hae said.

"Legend?" Mi Nyu asked.

Min Hae told her the AN Jell legend about Kang Shin Woo, wherein he was a badass fighter who managed to defeat seventeen guys under a pass one time. They were so proud to have him for a cousin.

"He... is like that?" Mi Nyu asked, absent-minded in awe.

Shin Woo dusted off his shoulder and turned to his enemy.

"I am Superman, you're a loser," he said.

The guy got angry and limped out with his cohorts.

"You shall see, Kang Shin Woo, that I am not joking!" he shouted.

Shin Woo kept his cool, and Mi Nyu looked at him as if he had returned to being the cool and calm Kang Shin Woo that she knew him to be.

"Hyung, daebak!" Min Hyuk said.

Shin Woo went to his cousin and helped him stand up. Then, they went to the girls and asked them if they were all right.

"Oppa, you are amazing!" Min Hee said.

Mi Nyu wanted to tell him about the legend, but Min Hae elbowed her slightly.

"Oppa, your future girlfriend will be so proud to have a caring fighter for a boyfriend!" Min Hae said.

"Ah, geurae, I agree!" Min Hyuk said. "Hyung, let's sit back down."

Shin Woo sat beside Mi Nyu and gave her a warm smile.

"Gamsahamnida, Shin Woo-hyung..." she said softly.

"Gwaenchanha, it is my responsibility to fight for you since I am the eldest here," he told her.

"Eonni, why do you call him "hyung" when you are a girl?" Min Hee pointed out as she bit her carrot stick.

Mi Nyu told her it was out of habit because she often heard her male twin that one.

"You have a twin too?" the twins blurted out, sending Min Hyuk out laughing.

"Ah, twins are cute," he remarked as he hugged his sisters.

Mi Nyu looked at the twins and nodded. She missed Mi Nam so much, but she wanted to spend time with Shin Woo.

Unknown to her, Shin Woo was looking at her fondly while giving her a small smile.

 

~~~~