On Troubled Waters

Play Your Love

The gang got to the hospital, and they watched the medical personel from ER come to the ambulance. Reporters started to flock by the numbers, so the police had to guard the celebrity. Jeremy called back CN Blue and told them the bad news.

They were not able to get in the ER because it was busy, and after thirty minutes, the ER physician came out of the complex and saw Tae Kyung.

"Uisa-seonsaengnim, annyeonghaseyo?" Tae Kyung greeted the doctor.

"Annyeonghaseyo?" the doctor greeted back.

Tae Kyung and the rest learned from the doctor that Shin Woo was taken to the operating room for immediate surgery. The doctors were afraid that he would have blood clots and broken bones due to the impact.

"I had contacted the neurosurgeon for operation at the shortest turnaround time," the doctor explained.

The police came to the ER, and reported that there were no signs of alcohol intake.

"No bottles, whatsoever," the police said.

"Shin Woo does not drink when he knows he is driving," Tae Kyung defended his bandmate.

"We understand, but we do not know the circumstances, that is why we are investigating," the police said. "This is all we found."

The only thing they found was a large box which was addressed to Lee Jong Hyun. Tae Kyung looked at the box, and Mi Nyu started to cry all over again.

"So... so Hyung went to buy a gift, then started to go to the CN Blue dorm?" crying Jeremy asked Mi Nam.

"Seems like it," Mi Nam said in tears.

"No wonder Jong Hyun-hyung was looking for him," Jeremy deduced.

CN Blue came in.

"Lee Jong Hyun-ssi?" the police asked.

"Ne," Jong Hyun solemnly said.

The police handed the big box to Jong Hyun. The burning-eyed guy shed some tears when he learned that Shin Woo was actually on his way to the dorm when the accident happened. He blamed himself for inviting Shin Woo, but Tae Kyung and Yong Hwa assured him it was not his fault.

"Where is he now?" Jung Yong Hwa asked.

"He is in the OR being operated on," Tae Kyung said.

Jong Hyun slumped to a chair, and Jung Shin and Min Hyuk had to pull him up together.

****

Mi Nyu, meanwhile, was dying of regret that she was not able to say some good things to Shin Woo before she left.

"Yesu-nim, please take care of Shin Woo-hyung," she begged to the Lord in tears. "I don't want any harm on him.... Jebal... Oh, Mother Superior...what to do? Maria-eomeonim, all the angels and saints.... Jebal...."

She paced near the OR complex, waiting for the operation to end. Coordi Noona, who came, told her that the operation might take long.

"Operations like that will surely take more than an hour," Noona said. "Might as well sit down."

Mi Nyu realized that Shin Woo might not recover in time for her to say goodbye when she'll travel to Africa. If she travels, it might take long before they see each other again, and she had a lot to say to him. Mi Nyu turned to Noona and declared that she is not going to Africa. She was willing to wait to see Shin Woo.

"Omo?" Noona asked. "Are you sure?"

"Y...ye," Mi Nyu said in tears.

"You need to inform your nun friend," Noona said.

"Is there a chapel here?" Mi Nyu asked.

Noona nodded and accompanied her there. Noona's religion was unknown, but she was willing to accompany the poor girl and gather some strength from her God.

In the chapel, Mi Nyu met Mi Nam, and the twins spent some hours crying in front of the cross and praying for the safety of their friend.

The operation lasted for more than five hours, and later, Shin Woo was transferred to the ICU for critical monitoring. Mi Nyu informed her friend nun the next day that she is not coming with her to Africa, even telling the nun of the bad news. The nun, from the other line, was making the sign of the cross when she heard the bad news. She vowed to tell Mother Superior about it and pray for Shin Woo's fast recovery. Mi Nyu was a bit happy and thankful that the operation was successful.

 

*****