Exams

Only Tears

 

As you walked to the school you felt like vomiting from the ramyeon you ate from the sink earlier this morning. When you saw a cockroach climb all over the ramyeon, you almost regretted eating it. The weather made you feel better though. The feeling of the sunrays that hit your face as you walked down the street and the cooling wind that prevented you from sweating. It felt really great and made you forget about the bad morning.

Finally you reached the school and it was now you began to feel worried. The weather seemed to get worse even though it didn’t and bad memories flashed through your brain. You didn’t want to enter. You thought of all the people talking behind your back even when you heard them. You thought about all the people pulling pranks on you. You thought about the people stealing your lunch. But what scared you the most was the people who ignored you, those who even didn’t bother to look at you or just walked away from you. The fact that you didn’t know what they were thinking made you feel frightened. When people at least did thinks to you, you knew what they were thinking. It was really sad how you felt more secure when you were bullied than when you were ignored.

At times like that you really need a good friend, but you didn’t have one. The only thing that kept you in school was your good grades. You were a top student and on exams you always ranked really high. You were not necessarily the smartest person, but you studied really hard. Sometimes you didn’t sleep at night just to study. You didn’t exactly find studying funny but your motivation was to make your parents proud. Even though they wasn’t with you know you always thought that they’d return one day.

You suddenly felt happier when you thought about the mid-term exam, the results are supposed to be announced on the board in the lobby today. You hurried to your locker to put your things in your bag and grab your book for your math lesson. As usual you found hate letters in your locker and your locker door was filled with scribble. You didn’t bother it and quickly ran to the lobby to see where you placed on the mid-term exams as you still had time before the math lesson. You walked up to the board surrounded by a lot of students and tried to look for your name “Kim Euna”. You began from the bottom and didn’t find your name until you reached the top of the board and read “1st place: Kim Euna. You were the only person in the school with that name. You never imagined that this day would come and this was probably the best day after your parents disappeared. Out of happiness you wanted to jump up and down and scream. But because there were a lot of people there you avoided doing so.

Suddenly someone pushed you from behind making you fall to the floor wincing in pain. People surrounded you and stared down at you as you sat scared on the ground.

“How did you cheat?” One girl screamed at you. Everyone expected an answer but you couldn’t give them the answer they were looking for. They didn’t know how much you studied for that exam and since you were so easy to pick on they just came to the conclusion that you did cheat. Soon everybody started to chant “Cheater” in chorus. You could feel a few kicks and feet stamp on you hands as you were lying defenseless on the ground.

It felt like an eternity before they left and you ended up sitting in front of the board as everyone else left for class. You raised your hands before your eyes just to see your bloody and bruised fingers. You just stared at them, but you just wanted to cover your face with them and cry, you just wanted to run to the bathroom and cry. But you tried really hard to hold in your tears, you had to stay positive.

As you were about to stand up you could see a hand right beside your injured hands. They were definitely a boy’s hand but you couldn’t figure out a person who would offer you a helping hand. You looked up to see a boy as you expected, but you couldn’t recognize him. He was probably one of those who just ignored you because you couldn’t recognize those. “But he couldn’t be” you thought because he was smiling and just waited for you to grab his hand while you just stared at him.

“Grab my hand, I’ll help you up” He finally said with a cool and nice voice. After hesitating you grabbed his hand and he pulled you up with ease. He brushed off the dust on your clothes before reaching out his hand for you to shake it. “I’m Kim Myungsoo”

 

Double update yaaay! It's like 1 AM here and I should be asleep now but I really felt like writing another chapter so I did :) I hope you enjoy this chapter because I had fun writing it ^^
Comment and subsribe? :) <3