Mystery

Only Tears

 

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEUNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA” Jenny ran towards you as soon as she saw you. You were caught in between her arms, in a bear hug. She squeezed you hard and made you gasp for air.

 

“Where are we going?” You said with a monotone voice.

 

“Did your boyfriend die?” She put her hand on your shoulder and put on a sad face showing you her concerned expression.

 

“What?” You raised an eyebrow looking confused.

 

“It’s just that you look dead, like your mourning somebody. Let’s have some fun.” She bumped her shoulder into yours in hopes of you loosening up a bit. “The weather’s great, where should we go?”

 

“hehe… let’s eat ice cream, I know the perfect place not too far away. You tried to be more relaxed but it was kind of forced and made it unnatural and awkward. She noticed how you tried so hard for her and just smiled at you.

 

“Let’s go then” She shouted and pointed forward. You just blushed and put your hands over your face trying to hide from all the attention you received from the people around you.

 

You your strawberry, mint and chocolate icecream on your cone just like a lollipop. You were sitting at a round table outside a café.

 

“So what did you do when I called?” Jenny tried to break the awkward silence.

 

“Study.” You tried to sound as cheerful as you could, but it probably wasn’t that successful.

 

“When I think about it you look like an A+ student.” She observed you. “Where do you attend school?”

 

“Woolim High.” You were proud that you looked as smart as you was.

 

“REALLY?” She shouted, drawing everyone’s attention. She didn’t care how everyone stared at you, while you, on the other hand, tried to cover your face with your hand.

“Yah!” You tried to make Jenny lower her voice.

 

“It’s just that I start there tomorrow!” She said excitedly. “It’s great, you can introduce me to your friends. And I thought I would be all alone at that school.” She continued.

 

*I have no friends* You thought but was still excited that she would be attending the same school as you. You didn’t know why, but you just were. “I can show you around, it’s a great school. I especially like the library since it’s so quiet and empty. You can really…” You continued to tell her about all the ideas you came up with that you could do together. But you noticed that she didn’t listen after a while and her eyes seemed to concentrate on something else. On something behind you. “Is something wrong?” You finally questioned.

 

“Isn’t that your boyfriend?” She said curiously.

 

“Yah! I told you I don’t have one.” You quickly said back.

 

“But look.” She pointed at something behind you. You turned around and tried to look for something familiar. You scanned the sea of people and finally recognized someone. To your surprise you saw Myungsoo with his friend. 2 guy friends and 1 girl. They were standing in the middle of the street and seemed to chat with each other.

 

“You’re right.” You said slowly still looking at Myungsoo and his friends in surprise.

 

“What are you waiting for? You see those juicy friends? Let’s go introduce me.” She tried to drag you out of your seat.

 

“But he’s just my friend.” You resisted.

 

“You can still introduce us.” She was really excited. “I just want to eat them up, they’re soooooooo cute.”

 

“I don’t think it’s a good idea, he’s wi…”

 

“Probably not, then they would be dead and there would be nothing to kiss. She interrupted you before you could finish your sentence.

 

You smiled a bit at her joke but finished your unfinished question. “he’s with his friends and I don’t know them.”

 

“That’s the whole point of it. DAAAH!” She quickly countered trying to convince you. She still tried to pull you out of your seat. Suddenly you saw Myungsoo looking over at you meeting your eyes for a short second. He quickly looked away and put his arms around his friend’s shoulders almost pushing them away. They left.

 

“Wasn’t he your friend?” Jenny sat down on her chair again after they left and looked concerned at you.

 

“Ne, why?” You responded trying to not sound like you didn’t understand what just happened.

 

“But he just left after he saw you.” She stated what was obvious.

 

“I bet he didn’t see me.” You tried to come up with an answer why he would just leave after he saw you.

 

“No I’m pretty sure he saw you.” She said unconvinced.

 

“No.” You said bluntly.

 

“But now they left!” She accepted your answer. “You owe me many juicy boys now!”

 

You didn’t pay attention and just thought of what just happened. *Did he really not see me?* You thought.


Hello Readers!
Updating as promised :) Leave a comment and subscribe ? <3