Friends

Only Tears

 

”Let’s go!” you packed your bags. You were on your way to your part-time job at the restaurant. It had been a couple of days since he pretended to be mean to you at the library. Since then he had been following you after the tutoring, to your part-time job. It seemed like he enjoyed helping you and it was really nice of him. You were so thankful that he wanted to help and at the same time you were bonding and by now you were beginning to get closer. He was so kind and seemed so trustable. For the tutoring he had been paying you extra and he always texted you at night. One night your text-conversation went on like this.

 

From Myungsoo

“Are you tired?”

 

To Myungsoo

“Not really.”

 

From Myungsoo

“You’re lying.”

 

To Myungsoo

“Aniyo.”

 

From Myungsoo

“Are you sure you’re not tired?”

 

To Myungsoo

“A little bit.”

 

From Myungsoo

“See, you should go to sleep to stay strong. Or else you will be an ahjumma soon.”

 

To Myungsoo

“But I have homework.”

 

From Myungsoo

“You better sleep or I’ll come over and make you sleep.”

 

To Myungsoo

“Arasseo, good night.”

 

From Myungsoo

“You’re lying again.”


To Myungsoo

“No, I promise.”

 

From Myungsoo

“Are you sure?”

 

To Myungsoo

“Ne.”

 

From Myungsoo

“Sleep well then! Hwaiting!

30 minutes later when you were still sleeping

 

From Myungsoo

“Are you awake?”

 

You felt really bad for lying to him, but you couldn’t help it. You had your homework and Chanah’s homework to do and it took a lot of time. You came home around 9-10PM every day and by then you hadn’t been able to study anything after tutoring Myungsoo and working at the part-time job. But the help from Myungsoo lately made you stronger and you felt like you had much more energy. You were not as tired at night as before and your body didn’t hurt as much since he helped you to carry the delivery boxes. Not to mention his texts that made you excited every time you received them.

 

You went out to the front of the restaurant, after you changed to your working uniform, to see Myungsoo waiting there, already prepared, with the delivery box.

 

“Let’s go!” He waved at you and held up the door for you. You looked at the piece of paper with the delivery orders on the delivery box and it was one of those deliveries that were almost across the city. Which meant you would have to take the subway since your bike still was broken.

 

It was rush hour so the subway was crammed. You almost lost track of Myungsoo while you were trying to get on, but he grabbed your arm before you lost him. It didn’t feel awkward because he had been dragging you around since day one. First to the toilet to clean up your wounds and then several times after that.

 

You finally got on and there were no seat places left, since they were left for the ahjummas so you both had to stand up. It was really packed and there were barely any place to stand on but Myungsoo managed to lead you to a corner. You stood really close to each other with your bodies directed at each other, but not close enough to touch. This was really awkward compared to the wrist-dragging. Aside from the ahjummas’ screams in the background you could hear Myungsoo breathing.

 

Suddenly someone pushed you from behind. You bumped into Myungsoo and he caught you with his arms. Your bodies were pressed against each other and you could feel your heart racing, beating faster and faster for every second. You tried to separate your bodies but people were still pressing you from behind since the subway was so packed. Neither of you said a word. Myungsoo just held his arms around you as the you were getting to your destination.

 

“Where should we go now?” You quickly said without thinking when you finally got off the subway. It had been so awkward the whole way and you just couldn’t stop your heart from beating so fast. You didn’t know why you felt this way. You even wondered if Myungsoo felt your heartbeats since you were so tightly pressed to each other.

 

“You got the address, pabo.” He felt the tension and tried to lighten up the atmosphere. It normally worked but this situation was different. It just wouldn’t go away. You read the address off of the note and pointed in a direction. “This way.”

 

It didn’t take long for you to deliver the food and when you were at the subway to get back to the restaurant again, it was almost empty. Everyone was probably at home now so there were no people using the subway. You sat down next to each other in the subway and by now you had dropped the thoughts of what happened earlier.

 

“It’s so empty in here” You claimed trying to start a conversation.

“Yeah” He responded plainly. It wasn’t like him to not be talkative so you decided that you had to carry to conversation for once.

 

“Thank you.” You said.

 

“For what?” He raised an eyebrow and was now looking at you.

 

You looked back at him and saw that he had really nice eyes that you hadn’t noticed before. Perfectly shaped, brown colored, just beautiful eyes. Before he would think weird things about you , you answered his question. “For helping me.”

 

“But you help me.” He responded. You gave him a weird look since you didn’t understand what you had helped him with. He saw your questioned expression and continued. “With studying.”

 

“But you pay for that.” You said. He looked away and it was obvious that he was looking for another reason to why he helped you. But instead of thinking about what he would say you noticed his perfect nose that you had seen, but not observed before.

 

“But it’s fun to help you anyways.” He finally said and looked back at you.

 

“Really?” You were relieved. He really cared about you and it was about time you accepted him as a friend. “Thank you, friend.”

 

Hello readers!
This was written in a rush. I hope you enjoy reading it anyways!

The story will take a turn soon, so stay tuned! ;)

Comments are loved <3