Teaching

Only Tears

 

 

 

It was already 3PM and the bell rang, the school day was over. The day went by as usual and you found out that the girl who bullied you last week was one of the queenkas of the school, Kim Eunbi. She still continues to accuse you for cheating, but instead of physical abuse she’s been threatening you. She has brought up things like she’d tell on me so the principal would expel you and that she’d make a hell for you if you didn’t confess, as if she didn’t already. You ignored them as they were probably nothing but words, people has been threatening for years all the time but nothing would ever happen.

 

You went to the library and it was empty and quiet as usual. You looked around but Myungsoo wasn’t here yet so you decided to sit down at a table in. By the time you sat down it was already 3:10PM and he was late. You fished up your phone from your pocket to see if he’d sent you a message, but he hadn’t. You hesitated whether to call him or not to ask him where he was but decided not to.

 

The wait wasn’t too long though, he entered the library a few minutes later. He had a brown school uniform and a backpack on and waved at you as soon as he saw you. You shyly waved him to come to sit down.

 

“Annyeong!” He said smiling at you before taking out his books out of his backpack. “Are you angry?” He continued asking when you just nodded back at his greeting.

 

“Why would I be?” You asked surprised at his question. You had no idea why he would think you’d be mad at him.

 

“You seem so down, is it because I’m late?” He raised an eyebrow and you could see something you thought was a glimpse of concern in his eyes.

 

“It’s not that, I’m just tired.” You answered. It was true, you were really tired. It was really hard on you to go to school, then work and study with barely any sleep or food. And on top of that you were still really awkward with him even though he wasn’t, so it was a bit weird talking to him. You finally pointed at his books he had put up on the table. “Let’s start, should we?”

 

“Okay.”

 

You moved closer to him and he opened his math book. It was the same book as you had so it was really easy teaching him since you had already learned the same things. You tried to memorize how your teacher would explain the math problems and basically teach Myungsoo in the exact same way. To be honest, he wasn’t smart at all. He didn’t understand too much of it and he seemed to struggle taking in what I was trying to teach him. However he seemed to try very hard to learn. It showed that he really wanted to improve and that really gave you hope that he’d improve, it was just a matter of time.

 

The hours went by fast and soon it was already 6:48PM.

 

“Myungsoo-ssi, I have to go now.” You said after he finally managed to solve the last problem of his homework. He looked exhausted and it was obvious he wasn’t used to study this hard and this much.

 

“Where?” He looked at you interested.

 

“Somewhere.” You responded trying to hide that you already had another job. It wasn’t that you were afraid of him knowing, it was only because there was no reason for him to know.

 

“Let’s go together, I’m bored.” He quickly said and put his hands on over stomach. “I’m hungry, let’s eat!”

 

You put your books in your bag and got up from your chair. “I can’t, you should go eat with your friends. I’m leaving.”

 

He did the same as you and followed. “You are my friend.” He said making you feel happy inside. It was exciting hearing that since you didn’t hear it a lot. He had said it before but it seems more real now since he says it all the time.

 

“But I can’t.” You really wanted to eat with him but you still had to work. But even if you didn’t have work you would probably not be able to eat with him anyways since it was expensive to eat outside. You wouldn’t even have enough money to eat deokkbokki or anything else on the street.

 

He ignored it and followed you all the way to the kimchi store. “So we are going to eat?” He excitedly beamed when you entered together. You didn’t have enough time to answer his question before the staff started greeting you. You greeted back and could hear Myungsoo whisper: “Aaaaah, so you are a regular here.”

 

“Aniyo, I work here” You confessed.

 

 

Hello everyone! 1:30AM here XD Time to sleep, goodnight! Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy!

Comment and subscribe ? <3