Parents

Only Tears

 

But then suddenly the door opened and even without looking you knew exactly who it was.

 

You looked at the door and as you expected Chanah walked in. She wasn’t cold and wet which could easily be explained with the wet umbrella she held in her hands.

 

“You’re home early.” Chanah said still with her back turned to the bed. She hadn’t noticed Myungsoo yet and you could feel your heart beat faster and faster. You couldn’t even imagine what she’d do when she’d turn around and see a boy nevertheless Myungsoo lying in the bed.

 

“Why aren’t you answering?” Chanah said and then turned around. Her eyes and mouth widened of she saw. She pointed at him with loss of words and covered her wide-opened mouth with the other hand.

 

She glanced at me shortly before looking back at him again, looking for an answer. But honestly you were just as surprised as her. You didn’t realize what you had done bringing him to your room, all you thought about was his health. Chanah had always reminded you to not bring anyone here and despite her reminders you didn’t really want anyone to find out about your harsh situation.

 

“Chanah, I can explain…” You tried to answer.

 

“Oh, please do. I won’t stop you.” Chanah said. You could sense irritation in her voice. Her surprise had turned to anger and you were terrified when she stared into your eyes. If looks could kill you’d probably drop dead right away.

 

“We talked and… He was sick… And… Then I brought him… here…” You tried to summarize your long exhausting day.

 

“Wh-what?! Speak so I can understand!” She screamed. You panicked and got up quickly to Chanah and covered with both your hands.

 

“Shhhh. You’ll wake Myungsoo up.” You tried to calm her down but it didn’t work at all.

 

“SO WHAT!?” Chanah pushed you away from her. Your back hit the wall and you quickly glanced at Myungsoo to check if he was awake and to your surprise his eyes were open. You closed your eyes in pain0 when you fell to the floor. You opened them again as soon as you could and looked at Myungsoo again, but this time his eyes were close.

 

 

You quickly forgot about as soon as Chanah grabbed your collar and pushed you up against the wall. “WHY DID YOU BRING HIM HERE?! YOU’VE JUST RUINED MY LIFE!”

 

“Chanah, please calmed down.” You begged her. “Our neighbors will hear.” You tried again.

 

“Just tell me.” Chanah talked quieter again but still with that evil and dark voice that she always used.

 

“He asked to meet our parents and then it just happened.” You told the long story short.

 

“WHAT?!” Chanah raised her voice again, but you didn’t answer. You put your index finger on your mouth reminding her to quiet down again. She put you on the ground and leaned against the wall next to you.

 

“Oh my god! I can’t believe you ruined my life as well.” Chanah sighed and looked intensely at you.

 

“No, no, no. We’ll fix it.” You said when it suddenly struck you. “Wait… As well?”

 

“Oh yeah, you don’t remember. Never mind.” She said.


“Remember what?” You were confused. You had no clue what you possibly could have forgotten.

 

“You know what… I haven’t bothered to tell you so far, but I’ll tell you now.” Chanah said. You waited for her to begin and she finally started to talk.

 

“A few years ago you, me, dad and mum were on our way home from Busan. It was our grandparents’ 30-year anniversary and when we were on our way home something happened.”

*Why don’t I remember?* You thought while she was talking.

 

“You had just received a teddy bear from our grandparents and half-way home you dropped the bear on the highway through the car window. Mum and dad told you to forget it but you just couldn’t let it go. You cried, whined and made all kind of noises in the back seat so our parents were forced to turn around and retrieve it for you. But then on our way back to get your teddy bear we crashed with another car. Our car flipped and turned upside down. I then woke up at the hospital after a few days and at that time our parents were already gone.”

 

A tear dropped from your eyes, then another one and another one. “What do you mean gone?” You squeaked.

 

“YOU KILLED THEM!” Chanah jumped up. You could see a tear drop from Chanah’s eyes and you’ve never seen her cry before.

 

“No, I don’t remember. They are just travelling or something, they’ll be back.” You denied.

 

“Are you stupid? After the car crash you were in a coma for months with a cerebral hemorrhage. You probably don’t remember anything.” Chanah said.

 

You cried like never before and you just couldn’t stop it, but you didn’t even want to stop it. You realized that you really killed your parents. If you just hadn’t dropped your bear or if you just wouldn’t make them turn around to get it everything would be fine. But you did that and you ended up taking your parents life.

 

“I-I’m Sorry” You stuttered in between your crying.

 

“For ruining my life or killing our parents?” Chanah said coldly.

 

“Please stop saying that.” You cried.

 

“WHAT? It’s the truth!” Chanah yelled and walked out of the room slamming the door after her.

 

You just sat there and cried when you suddenly noticed a sound from the bed. You saw Myungsoo getting up from the bed behind all the tears in your eyes. You couldn’t see his face or his body clearly, it was just a blurry figure standing up from the bed and walking out of the door. He probably heard everything, but right now you didn’t care. You just found out that your parents were dead, because of you.

Hello readers! ^_^
It's been a long time since my last chapter, but school has started and it's depressing how much I have to study. I'm happy that I got this chapter written atleast and I hope you'll enjoy reading it. TT_TT ONLY TEARS.
Comment and subscribe? <3