Job?

Only Tears

 

“Where are you going?” Myungsoo asked you.

He had been following you since you left home and he started asking the same question over and over again when he noticed that you weren’t walking to school. It was still 45 minutes left until school started so you still had time. You were going to a job agency to ask for a part-time job. You still had time to spend between 3PM, after school, to 6PM when your part-time job at the kimchi restaurant started. You also didn’t do anything on your weekends except studying so you thought you could fit another job in there as well. You wanted to do the most out your free time and since you really needed money to pay rent and buy food, working came to your mind.

You ignored the question and continued to walk towards the job agency but he kept nagging about it. He was pouting and putting on puppy faces in hopes of finding out where I was going. I gazed at him but he would only smile brighter. You liked how he was giving you attention since nobody else had ever done that before but you still didn’t trust him yet. There were so many mysteries about him and there was just so much you didn’t know about him.

“Why are you wondering?” You finally answered after he asked you for the umpteenth time.

“Because…” He said before looking in the air and started humming. It seemed like he hadn’t come up with a reason to ask but just asked it anyways. “Because we are going together.” He finally continued after a few seconds of thinking.

“Says who?” You said as you could finally see the job agency building at the end of the street. “It’s more like you’re following me you mumbled quiet enough for him not to hear you.

“I say that, because we’re friends.” He stated and looked at you disappointedly. He was probably sad that you didn’t acknowledge him as a friend but for obvious reasons you couldn’t do that. It felt like your brain signaled to you that you should be careful with him. You gave him a glance before you entered the building and walked towards the reception.

“Ah, so you’re looking for a job” He said as he realized where you were going. “Whaaat? Are you quitting school?”

You kept on walking but you let a few words slip out your mouth giving him too much information. “No, I’m just looking for a part time job.”

As we reached the reception disk you saw a middle aged woman, probably in her thirties, with a white shirt and her hair tied up in a bun. “What can I help you with?”

“I’d like to apply for a job between 3PM and 6PM on weekdays and also on weekends, please.”

“Wait a second.” The receptionist turned to her computer and looked focused on the screen. She clicked a few times with the mouse and typed something on the keyboard. Myungsoo was still standing beside you as you waited for her to respond to you whether there was a job available or not. You looked at him and he seemed to be lost in his own thoughts as he was looking at the wall behind the reception desk. Without you realizing it, you were staring at him. He looked back at you and you noticed something about his eyes that caught your attention but your staring moment was quickly interrupted by the receptionist.

“We don’t have any job available for you now.” She said with a neutral expression when you turned your head to face her. It looked like she didn’t care whether you got a job or not. But that was probably because she probably had to go through this process all day and every day. You didn’t blame her but she could have looked a little more compassion. “Would you like to queue for a job? If you do we’ll put you on a list and call you when there’s a job available.” She informed you.

“Really?” You said disappointedly and looked down to the ground to think. “Put me in the qu…” You got interrupted by Myungsoo as he dragged you away.

“She doesn’t want to sign up to be on the waiting list.” He said to the receptionist who was looking weirdly at the action.

“Let me go!” You whined. You tried to make him let go off your hand but he was holding too tight. You really needed a job even if it meant that you had to wait some time for you to get it.

“Euna-ah, calm down. I know a job for you so you don’t have to wait for one.” He finally stopped and said to you.

“What?” You beamed and unconsciously a smile formed on your face for a second. But when you realized you were smiling you covered your mouth and put it off and looked at him. You didn’t smile often but since you really needed money and he knew a job for you, you got really happy and excited.

“Yeah, I need a teacher.” He giggled a bit at your cute smile. You were shocked at what he said and just stared back at him because you didn’t really know what to think about it. You thought about a waitress or a baby sitter, but never a teacher. You were probably not even good enough to be a teacher, you wouldn’t be able to explain things to a stranger and would he even have the money to pay?

“You’re smart and I need help with homework, it’s perfect!” he continued when you didn’t answer him and just looked at him without any expression.

You didn’t really know what to think about it. He’s weird, mysterious and you just met him but at the same time he was the only person that was friendly to you and he seemed like a nice person overall. You felt like you really had to answer him but you didn’t know what to say.

“Uhm… I… Ehh… I Don’t… I mean…” were the only sounds and words you could let out before you finally said “Let me think about it”.

“Why?” He stopped you as you began to walk away. “I’ll pay you of course, how much do you want?”

“It’s not that…” You said but didn’t want to continue. You didn’t want to say that you didn’t trust him enough and that you didn’t know him enough. But at the same time you really needed the money.

“Think about it” He helped you and gave you an assuring look. “Let’s go to school now or we’ll be late!”

 

Hello everyone! Thank ya'll for subscribing :) I was about to update yesterday but it didn't happen... Anyways here chapter 8 ^^ I Hope you enjoy
Comment and subscribe? :3 ^_^