Was it only just a dream?

Only Tears

 

You looked up to not collide into anything but saw Myungsoo walking at the end of the corridor instead. He looked surprised but raised a waving hand to greet you. You looked at him but just ran past him.

 

“Myungsoo, I just told everyone.” You could hear Eunbi’s voice filled with pride as you exited the school doors.

 

You fell flat on the ground with your head down first. Your face got bruised and scratched but you just got up again and ran away as fast as you could. You didn’t feel exhausted at all even though you’d run so far. You had no destination, you just wanted to get away from the cafeteria, away from the school and away from your life.

 

You had run off so far that you didn’t even recognize where you were anymore. You sat on the edge of a bridge with your legs dangling over the water that was at least 100 feet below you. You needed to empty your mind from everything that had happened. It felt like you have had more of these moments lately and that left you quite depressed.

 

You looked out over the dirty brown river filled with dirt and garbage. You could see some kids far away throwing cans and trash into the water. Even though you couldn’t see them clearly, you could still see their happy smiles. They were having fun together and they seemed really happy, because they had each other. Your only wish was to be like just like them. You wanted to have people around you to have fun with, people that would make your life worth living and people that would cheer you up and be there for you when you needed them.

 

And then there was the river. It was dirty, brown and something that other people treated like it didn’t even exist. People dumped old things into it, they spit in it and they would throw all sorts of things they didn’t need in the water. They just didn’t care about the river and did whatever they wanted. Probably the river wanted to escape from it, but it just couldn’t. It’s not like rivers can move.

 

Somehow you felt down when you could relate more to a river than you could do to other people. Maybe you were in the stage of becoming something else than a person, it felt like you were moving away from the human race. Maybe you should just jump into the river and become one with it. Nobody would even miss you and you wouldn’t be a burden to anyone anymore-

 

You got up on your feet and looked down on the water. Just the height made you dizzy and you had to quickly grab onto one of the bridge’s chords not to fall. Your mind were about to explode thinking about whether to jump or not.  The height made you regret it, but the thought of going back to your life made you want to do it again.


You slowly lifted one of your feet and raised it out over the water. The wind was hitting it hard and it was really cold. You didn’t know if you were shaking because you were cold or because you were afraid of dying.


“DON’T!” Someone shouted from behind.

 

It startled you and as you looked back to see who it was your foot lost its’ grip of the bridge and you fell over. You tried to grab onto something fast and after miserably failing a couple of times you succeeded in grabbing the edge of the bridge. A second felt like an hour and you were dangling from the bridge with your eyes closed. If you opened them you’d probably get to scared, let go and fall.

 

“EUNA?!” You heard the same voice again.

 

“HELP ME!” You screamed with all your force. You didn’t know if you wanted to live, but you were too afraid to die.

 

“Euna, take my hand”

 

*How did he even know my name?*

 

“Who are you?” You asked doubtfully.

 

“It’s Myungsoo. Take my hand.” Myungsoo said.

 

“Where?” You asked with your eyes still shut harder than ever.

 

“Open your eyes.” He tried.

 

“No.” You said.

 

“Why?” He asked.

 

“I’ll fall.” You said.

 

“Trust me.” He said. You were feeling how you were losing you grip of the bridge with your hands. You had no choice but to trust him.

 

You opened your eyes and as you let go of the bridge you reached Myungsoo’s hand. He quickly pulled you up and you fell over him. You were finally safe and then you out.

 

~

 

You slowly opened your eyes when the sunrays hit your face. You rubbed your eyes with your hands and you could feel something falling of your body. You looked down on your body but you couldn’t see anything as the sun was blinding you. You squinted and you could finally see your whole body covered with newspapers. You sat up and looked around you just to realize that you had no idea where you were. You were on bench with nothing around you except some buildings, trees and bushes.

 

You tried to remembered what had happened and remembered how you almost died at the bridge, but how Myungsoo saved you. You had no idea how you ended up here, did he put you here?

 

*What happened... Was it only a dream?*

 

Hello readers ^_^
I'm really sorry for not updating in a while. It feels like a knife is stabbing my heart everytime I want to write and update another chapter, but don't have time to... The busy period in school is kinda over, for now. So I'll try to update weekly! I hope you enjoy this chapter :)
Comment and subscribe ? <3