Lies

Only Tears

 

 

”Oh my god.” Jenny blurted out and covered her wide-opened mouth with both her hands. “So the rumors are true after all.”
 
 
 
You widened your eyes and stared at Jenny’s serious expression that scared the heck out of you. You were deeply craving to know what the rumor was about and now that she said it was true it made you want to know even more. You waited eagerly and impatiently for her to reveal every detail the rumor was about but it took time before she spilled it all.
 
 
 
“What is it?” You whined unable to wait any longer. Jenny moved her chair closer to yours and sat beside you and put an arm around your shoulder. She finally began talking.
 
 
 
“It all started last week when people began talking about that they had seen you and Myungsoo together at the library and even at random places of Seoul with a delivery box, probably the week when he helped you out with work. At first they thought they saw wrong, but as more and more people took saw it they began wondering. People began talking and they wanted to know why someone like you hung out with Kim Myungsoo. They looked for information and they came to the conclusion that Myungsoo had been using you all along. They found out that He’d been using you to improve his grade.” Jenny explained the rumor. You widened your eyes and looked at her confused and shocked by what she just said. Nothing came out of your mouth. You could only stare at Jenny in surprise while trying to process everything you just heard. But it was very hard to even think, there was too much for you to handle.
 
 
 
“I even heard that something would happen to him if he wouldn't improve them, but I didn’t hear what it was.” Jenny added when it became silent for too long.
 
 
 
“Lies…” You said quietly.
 
 
 
“Euna-ah, you can’t deny the rumor. You said he was using you for homework and that’s exactly what the rumor is about. And everyone knows about it.” Jenny tried to convince you from being delusional. You just looked down to the ground still in deep thought.
 
 
 
“He wouldn’t…” You responded quietly.
 
 
 
“Euna-ah~, please. For your own good you have to accept it.” Jenny said.
 
 
 
“Stop it Jenny.” You tried to deny everything she told you, still in a low tone.
 
 
 
“Euna-ah” Jenny continued to try to comfort you for what she thought would be a big breakdown with tears when you’d finally realize the situation. But to her surprise it didn’t turn out that way and instead you grew furious.
 
 
 
“STOP IT!” You finally yelled after thinking it through. “It’s all lies, he would never do that to ME. We are friends and friends never betray each other.”
 
 
 
“But Euna-ah, you were never friends. He pretend all along…” Jenny almost whispered taken aback by your outrage. It was the first time you’d been like that in front of her.
 
 
 
“Oh, so your true colors finally show.” You replied to her. “You wanted to destroy my friendship with Myungsoo from the beginning. I should have known.” You pushed her to the ground and left the store. Jenny was left behind lying on the cold café floor before a staff ran to her and helped her up.
 
 
As for you, you still hadn’t had enough time to think everything through yet. It wasn’t close to clear in your mind and you surely weren’t sure if the rumor was true or if Jenny wanted to destroy your friendship with Myungsoo. But for now the latter seemed the most comfortable for you to accept because even though Jenny was a good friend to you, Myungsoo was more than just a friend. He was your first friend that you got in years, he was the one who opened you up socially and emotionally. He had been there for you, he had cheered you up and he had been nothing but good to you. Sure, he had been mysterious sometimes but who isn’t. Every time you were with him you could feel something special that you wouldn’t feel with anybody else. You would feel it with your parents, but not as strongly as with him. You weren’t sure of what it was yet but you died to know, because it made you enjoy life again.
 
 
Hello readers! ^_^
I'm back from my short vacation and I'm updating. The rumor's revealed and maybe it was kinda obvious though since some of you figured it out. But there's still some mystery left i that's not revealed yet so you should anticipate :D I have had some decent ideas for a long time now and soon I can write them down and share them with you :) Stay tuned! I hope you enjoy this chapter, and the story as a whole ^^
Comment and subscribe ? ^__^ <3 Love all readers