Friends

Only Tears

 

“Annyeong!”  He smiled brightly as you looked confused at him. He looked really friendly now and it confused you even more. You knew that you had to clear this all out for you to be able to concentrate on your studies or he would just be on your mind all the time.

“Who are you?” You asked as you moved your chair a bit away from him as you wanted some space. He raised his finger and leaned over to you and lightly pushed your forehead making it sway a bit. “Pabo, I introduced myself this morning! I’m Kim Myungsoo. “

“Yes, but why are you being so nice to me?” You tried to be more direct with your question. You wanted to know his motives but you still didn’t have the guts to ask him about the incident when he just walked passed you in the corridor. You couldn’t be 100% sure that it was him you saw and you didn’t want to accuse him for something he might have not done. He seemed to be very nice now so…

“Why can’t I be?” He said jokingly as he bent down to lean his head on the table while still looking at you. It was very playful and cute and you just wanted to tap his head like a little puppy but just continued to stare at him seriously.

“Nobody has ever been.” you carefully stated as you sank down in your chair. You felt very insecure and regretted it instantly after you said it. You didn’t want to appear as the loneliest person in the world even though you were. But he probably knew it already since he attended your school.

“Then let’s be friends.” He exclaimed cheerfully.

“Wae? I don’t even know you.” You answered at his sudden proposal.  

“Give me your phone.” He said

“Wae?”

He raised his hand and gestured telling me to give him my phone. I finally fished my phone out of my pocket and put it in his reached out hand.

“Your phone is almost broken” He said as he typed something on my old phone.

“As long as it’s working I’m happy with it.” You muttered a lie. At the same time he was done with your phone and slid it back to you across the table with a smile. “Now you know me since I gave you my phone number.”

You picked up your phone and looked at the screen. He had really given you his phone number, but you had no clue why he would do that. Maybe he really wanted to be your friend.

“I have to go now!” He got up from his chair and waved you goodbye. You still looked down on your phone still drowned in your thoughts and when you looked up he was already gone. You didn’t know how to act, he was your first friend since your parents disappeared. You didn’t remember how a friend was supposed to act anymore. You ruffled your hair with your hands as you thought you were going crazy by thinking of him too much and went back to studying.

You finally caught up with the schoolwork and looked up at the library clock. It was already 6:20PM and you panicked as you almost were late to your part time job. You put your books in your bag and ran out of the library to the kimchi restaurant you were working at.

You got there just in time and greeted the staff with a polite bow as you walked in through the door. They all cheerfully waved back at you as they were serving the guests. Everyone at your part-time job was really nice to you, but you didn’t have any close relationship with anyone of them. You had a work-relationship with them where they respected you and vice versa but it would be very awkward to talk to each other about anything other than work.

You went into the back and put on your uniform. Your job was to deliver orders from customers with your bike. Sometimes it was refreshing to deliver meals to customers that were just around the corner, you got to get outside and you loved that. But when it was winter or when you had to deliver kimchi to people across the city it could be a pain. It was really tiresome to bike so far just do deliver one order of kimchi and it was very cold in the winter when you almost froze to death. Anyhow you did everything you could and always tried your best to deliver to the customers. You really had to make the customers happy for you to get paid from the restaurant. You already didn’t have enough money to feed you and your sister, but if your salary would get cut you really wouldn’t know how you’d survive.

“Euna-ssi, we have an order” You could hear the boss’ voice call out to you.  You quickly looked in the mirror to straighten your work uniform before you walked out to the front to receive the order. You looked at the address and luckily it wasn’t too far away. You delivered the order and after a few more before you were finally done for the day.

You got home really tired and the clock just hit 10:00PM when you walked into your small room to see an angry Chanah.

 

Hello ^.^ Chapter 5 is up! Boring chapter, nothing happened really. I’m sorry for that but I hope you enjoy it anyways!  I also want to thank all my subscribers and the first commenter :)

Comment and subscribe? <3 :)