Rumors

Only Tears

 

 

The school day was coming to its end and it was soon time for you to tutor Myungsoo which made you think back about the café incident. You wanted to confront him about it all but you didn’t know whether you would have the guts to do it.

 

You came late but Myungsoo was already waiting at the usual table. As usual he greeted you with a smile, he was nice and he was full of energy. Once again he was cheerful and the session ended quickly. You had felt for a long time that there was something strange about him, but not until now you were almost sure that something was going on. But you tried your best to just ignore whatever sign and clue and just be happy that you’d have someone like Myungsoo around you. Because at the end of the day he still made you feel the best.

 

“I can’t follow you to help you at work today.” He said when you both exited the library. You felt really strange about it since he had been following you there every day the last week.

 

“Okay, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.” You waved him off.

 

 

~

 

After a couple of weeks Myungsoo had improved his grades quite a bit and you felt proud of what you had accomplished. He quit following you to work but he hadn’t shown any weird behavior since last time and you began to think how you just imagined things before. He had now become the one person you trust, a friend who made you happy. You and Jenny had also become quite good friends, but since you didn’t share any classes together you just met at lunch breaks and at the part time job. Aside from the great things the usual things happened in school and at home. People still kept bugging you about the mid-term test and at home things weren’t any better with your sister, Chanah.

 

Your phone buzzed when you were in the middle of a class you picked it up and saw a message from Myungsoo.

 

From Myungsoo:

“Euna-ah, I can’t come today.”

 

You looked at the message and wondered why. This would be the first time he wouldn’t be able to make it. You texted him back:

 

To Myungsoo:

“Why?”

 

Not long after you received the reply.

 

From Myungsoo:

“Something came up.”

 

*Hmm, it must be important since it hadn’t happened before.” You thought.

 

To Myungsoo:

“How about your homework then?”

 

From Myungsoo:

“About that… Can you please do it for me just this once <3 T_T?”


Your heart skipped a beat from his text message.  He had never sent a heart to you ever before and it made you happy even though you didn’t know why. You couldn’t explain the feeling.

 

To Myungsoo:

“Okay, just this once.”

 

From Myungsoo

“Thank you soooooooooooooo much! ^_^”

 

You looked at the message and smiled before you regained focus on the lecture.

 

Time passed slowly while you did Myungsoo’s homework he had put in the library. But you finally finished it at made your way to the restaurant.

 

“Euna, we need to talk.” Jenny said with a serious tone as soon as you entered the restaurant. This was unusual from her normal cheerful personality so it made you a bit worried.

 

“About what?” You asked worriedly.

 

“You placed #1 in the last mid-term exams right?” Jenny asked you.

 

“Ne, why?” You replied. “Wait… Don’t tell me you also think that I…”

 

“Cheated?” She interrupted you. “No, I know you didn’t.”


“Then why did you…?” You raised an eyebrow.

 

“You are close with Myungsoo right?” She asked another question.

 

“Ehm…” You tried to think of your relationship with him.

 

“Myungsoo… have he been coming to you with his homeworks?” You were taken aback at her following question. You still hadn’t told her that you were tutoring Myungsoo, you didn’t know why you didn’t but you kinda felt that that time was private for you and him.

 

“Aniyo.” You said playfully and hit her lightly on her arm. “Why would I, hehehe?. You continued.

 

“Then I guess the rumors aren’t true.” Jenny said relieved.

 

“Wait.. what rumor?!” You grabbed her arm quickly before she was about to go back to work.

 

Hello readers!

Thanks for subscribing and reading everyone :) I hope you enjoy this chapter ^_^