Day 3.1, No strings attached.

10 days with Lee Jin Ki

 

***

She just came out of the bathroom when an unfamiliar sound disturbed the room. Christine listened to where it was coming from, and then saw her bag.

It was the phone Onew gave her before they separated last night. She was hesitant to answer it at first, but decided to do so.

She didn’t plan on talking first, because it might be other person on the other line.

“Christine? This is Onew.” He introduced himself.

“Oh… Yes.” She talked.

“Let’s meet.”

“But…”

“You can’t reject me. I need my phone back.” He said on the other line. “I’ll message you my location and let’s meet here by night.” He hanged up immediately.

Robi… Am I gonna sin against you? If you could come and save me… please rescue me.

***

“Crossroad Bar. Tell the receptionist you are to meet with Lee Jong Joon.” That was the message she received from Onew.

As soon as she entered the bar she realized that it wasn’t just a regular bar. It’s a very expensive and luxurious type of bar. Something that not so many can afford to enjoy.

“Any reservations, ma’am?”

She frowned after being asked about reservations. What reservations? It’s supposed to be a bar, not a restaurant, or something like that, right? Oh well… she hasn’t been into bars in the Philippines so she really has no idea about it.

“I was asked to meet Lee Jong Joon.”

The person in charged talked to someone first and then head to her again. “He’s in VIP Room 102, ma’am. Please help yourself in.”

Now she understood what he meant for the reservation thing. There are VIP rooms inside. Oh well…

Entering the said room, she saw Onew inside sleeping.

He wasn’t sleeping, though. He’s just closing his eyes, taking few moments of relaxation.

Onew opened his eyes when he heard the closing of the door. “Finally you came.” He uttered and sat properly. “Sit down.” He moved to his right and asked her to sit a little bit close to him.

She followed, knees are starting to shake and shiver.

“H-here’s your phone.” She handed his phone back. He took it and just put it on the table.

There’s probably 2-3 minutes of silence. The only noise they hear was Onew’s constant tapping on the table with his fingers.

“So… I doubt that your married, perhaps engaged?” He asked with uncertainty on his voice. “Well, that doesn’t look like a wedding ring, though.” He said while looking at her left hand.

“Oh this.” She touched the ring and took a deep sigh. That moment when the person that makes you cheat reminded you of your boyfriend. “I consider this as an engagement ring.”

“How long?” Onew asked but she looked at him with a confused expression. “How long is the relationship already?”

“2 years.”

Onew nodded while pouting. It’s not so different as how you see Onew in real life. “I see… Let me be honest with you.”

Christine’s heart started going *thump* *thump* *thump*.

“You got my interests right when I first saw you. I suddenly want to know more about you. Would you mind?” He let out a “pfft”. “And yeah, you probably started looking at me differently because of what I did last night. You know, dear, as what I have always been saying, Onew of SHINee is just 1/3 of what I really am in real life… You have yet to see the real me.” He smiled.

“Do you like chicken?” She wasn’t aware of what she’s saying that moment.

Onew chuckled and bit his lower lip. “That thing is true. I have this weird obsession when it comes to chicken.”

“You drink?”

“I drink a lot. It’s true, and my weird habit? I think that’s true as well.”

“Never had a girlfriend?”

Onew shook his head. “I’ve been dating around… secretly.”

“Never gets angry?”

“No one would stay calm if you have 4 other naughty kids with you at home. I just know how to speak with conviction, and people consider it as being calm.”

“Gets easily bullied by the members?”

“Ha! They can bully me on air but they’ll pay for it when 5 of us were left alone.”

“Considerate enough to allow members to talk that you end up not even having some lines in an interview at all?”

“You even thought of that?” Onew chuckled. “There were times where I allow them to just talk, but there are also times when I feel like not talking at all.”

“Relatively clumsy?”

“I’m clumsy, but the other members are, too. At least Taemin is as clumsy as I. I don’t get why people just point at me for being clumsy. And besides, it’s too tiring. There were times when I just feel like collapsing so I ended up losing my balance.”

“How about Onew Sangtae?”

“What you know about Onew Sangtae is only 2/3 of what it really means.”

“Being polite to other people?”

“Hey~ It’s not like you can fake being courteous.” He denied.

“Never been kissed?”

“Answer that question yourself. Do you think I have never kissed anyone before?”

Christing changed her sight direction and bit her lower lip in embarrassment.

“But I was actually trying to get to know you. I wonder why we ended up knowing about me.” He shook his head and cleared his throat. “The first thing I want to know about you is that why you look like a Korean.”

“My father is a Korean.”

“So why did you end up on the other country and not here?”

“Because dad wanted to live with mom to the place she’s comfortable around. So they decided to build a house in the Philippines and ran business together to raise their kids.”

“But you’re fluent in Korean.”

“Dad also wanted us to learn his language because Korea is a part of us, too. I think that is why I grew up loving everything Korean. It’s because I’m a Korean by blood as well.” She said with intelligence.

Onew nodded satisfyingly. “When did you start liking SHINee then?”

“Ever since the ‘replay’ days.”

“You like me the most?”

Christine nodded.

“Probably. You wouldn’t dare cheating on your boyfriend if you like him better.” He shrugged his shoulder. Does he know you’re here?”

“He gave me 10 days of vacation and told me we should start planning our marriage when I come back.” She said honestly.

“So in short… He just gave you the last 10 days of your freedom. Should we make the most out of it then?” He looked at her teasingly. “But aren’t you going for a fast thing? I mean, not that I’m meddling but, you look so young to be married.”

“Heh… You think so?” She looked down and let a little chuckle.

“Hey… They gave SHINee a week off so we can go whenever we want to. Do you want to go somewhere with me? If you have 10 days then I supposed you still have 7 days left here in Korea. Let’s spend the rest of your freedom days somewhere else instead.”

“Where?”

“New Caledonia.”

“That in Boys Over Flowers?”

He nodded while chuckling. “No one knows me there, so I can freely do what I want. Are you surprised? I went there a lot of times already.”

Freaking unbelievable, Lee Jinki.

“I’ll buy you tickets, so no worries.”

He didn’t even allow me to say if I want it or not… he concluded it himself.



 

-=Author's Note=-

At times I feel like I'm going to fail with this story... but Onew's photoset above makes me want to go on. LOL. Just kidding. I just feel like I will regret it forever if I ever restrain myself from writing this storyline. But Honestly? If I was in Christine's position and I met my Kpop Bias and he's like that to me? OMG. I swear... I know the consequence but I won't be able to stop myself from cheating. Okay. Don't mind the self rant. I just feel pitiful about Robi's character so I'm being like this. XD