Back where I need to be

10 days with Lee Jin Ki

 

***

“Hey, you don’t really need to drive me until here, you know. What if they recognize you?” Christine said as Onew’s car stopped in front of the airport.

“The window is tinted.” He explained. “But because I’m concerned about that, too, so I won’t be able to you inside.”

“It’s not a problem. I can manage.” She said and smiled. “So we made it here. It’s nice to have some time with you.”

She was about to open the door when Onew stopped her by grabbing her hands. “Christine.”

“Yes?”

“I just want to say ‘Goodbye’.” He said in a low voice.

She smiled in empathy, “Hey, don’t make me feel sad. We promised to separate happily.”

“When did goodbyes ever a happy one?” He asked in disbelief. “Whether we try our best, you know we won’t be as happy as what we expected.”

She nodded, “Ahuh. But we have to.” She looked at him intently. “It’s not like we’ll be together forever.”

“I know.” He took a deep sigh and cupped her face with his hands. “But I’ll still miss this face. Though you have to forget me, okay?”

“Of course.” She said but anyone else would realize she wasn’t uttering it truthfully.

Then Onew gently kissed her forehead and hugged her. “The times we spent together will be cherished by me until forever.” He said while hugging her.

She left him after that and straightly went inside, not looking back to see Onew’s car still there waiting for her to enter.

“If saying goodbyes happily is a difficult thing to do, I hope forgetting you is an easy one.” She said as she laid her back on the seat.

The sleep I’ll make during this travel should allow all of your memories to be erased. I’ll go back to where I was in the first place… there… beside Robi.

***

“Baby!” She heard the familiar voice right when she went out of the arrival area. Christine roamed her eyes around the place to find the owner of the voice and she succeeded after few seconds.

“Robi!” She ran towards him while carrying her luggage.

“Hey… I missed you!” He immediately hugged his girlfriend when she came in closer. “What’s up? How are you?”

Her smile almost faded but she managed to retain it. “I’m good. I had lots of fun!” She said to him happily.

“I bet so.” He winked at her. “Now let me treat you to a great date.” He took her luggage from her and led Christine outside towards his car.

“So tell me about what you did during the 10 day vacation.” He asked Christine with full of interest. “I want to know how my girlfriend spent it happily.”

“Uhh…” She didn’t think of it before seeing him again. She wasn’t prepared for the things that she will say. “Fangirling? I watched the concert. I went to see other group’s performances, too. I also went to some of the beautiful places in Seoul.” She said while smiling.

“You saw them?”

“Who?”

“SHINee.”

“Ohh… Yeah.” She uttered as if she was caught off guard.

“You’ve been telling me how happy you’ll be once you see them in person. So how did you feel?”

“Great.” She just uttered.

“What else? Come on, babe. I want to hear more from you.” He said enthusiastically.

“I just couldn’t believe I actually just saw them in person. I mean… It’s crazy.”

“I know you would exactly say those words.” He chuckled and looked at her lovingly. “I just hope you still love me more.”

“Robi.” She uttered in surprise when he said that. Robi just smiled and held her hand.

“I’m just kidding. The least thing I would do is to doubt you. I just missed you that’s why I’m acting this way.” He smiled and pressed her hand a little tighter.


-=Author's Note=-

An update without any warning! I'm back my dearies!! Haha. The leadership training I had was tiring, but I enjoyed it to the fullest. But I missed Jinki that much, and this fic, too. I feel regretful I cannot connect properly through the internet because the venue was kind of off in signal. Anyways~ I'm still adjusting for this chapter and probably the next chapter will be posted tomorrow since I'm kind of tired right now. :)) Oh and BTW, did you notice I removed the M on the whole story? That is because I realized I am not making this an overly fic anyways, so why put the whole story in an M marked?? But I'll put it back if anybody else suggested, too. :) Oh. And I really missed talking to you. Mind talking to me, too?? :) *pouts*