It’s finally NICE meeting you

10 days with Lee Jin Ki

 

***

“What do you mean foreign endorsement, hyung?” Key asked when the manager started telling them about their newest endorsement. “And you mean where again?”

“Philippines.” The manager answered. “In 2 days we’re going to fly there, sign a 6 month contract with them, and start the photoshoots and filming for the advertisement.”

“Philippines, you say?” Jonghyun uttered and the four members looked at Onew.

“Why?” Onew asked as if he doesn’t know anything about it.

The manager continued talking about the deal with a Filipino Businessman and told them they should prepare their selves for a month or 2 long trip in the country.

“Hey, Onew-ssi.” The manager called his attention. “You are not allowed to go around the City there, okay? We’re trying to deny the rumors of you being with someone in the airport so don’t even try to stir another controversy again.” Onew simply nodded and chuckled.

“Of course. I’d rather sleep, hyung.” He said.

“So you have the chance to see Christine again?” Minho asked when the manager left.

“It’s not like Philippines is just as big as Seoul for me to just bump into her when we get there.” He shook his head. “And besides… I don’t think it’s right to search for her.” He stood up and went inside his room.

“He was talking as if we don’t know what he really feels right now.” Key shook his head while smiling teasingly. “Right after hearing the country Philippines, I immediately noticed how bright his reaction became.”

Onew went inside his room and sat on a corner while taking out his phone. He went through the photos on his phone and found the one he has been looking at every night of his life for almost 2 weeks already.

“Will I ever see you again?” He sighed. “I doubt, but I’ll be happy if it happens. I missed you… badly.”

He just stared at the photo until he fell asleep, still holding it in front of his face.

***

“Welcome to the Philippines.” Someone immediately approached their group as they got down the airplane. “Mr. Robi Tuazon of Fit and Fab sent me here to be your to the company. This way please.” They used a private exit area to avoid SHINee’s exposure. They successfully arrived in the Philippines without the knowledge of the fans.

15 minutes later and they arrived at the company, heading to meet the one of the bosses that asked them to come for a contract signing in the company.

“This is cool, huh?” Jonghyun praised as they went along the good interior of the company.

Their brought them to the conference hall. The food immediately came in as SHInee, coordi noonas, and the manager occupied their seats.

“This is nice.” Taemin rubbed his palms together when he saw that there were so many foods that are being served to them.

“Mr. Tuazon just finished his meeting with the board members and is on his way now here. Please enjoy the food.”

***

They were surprised when a handsome young man in black suit came inside the conference area, smiling towards their direction. They estimated he’s either in the same age as Jonghyun or Onew.

“Too young to be the boss.” Key whispered to Jonghyun.

“I’m sorry if I was late. I was running errands just a while ago.” He chuckled, the interpreter on his back interpreted what he said.

“It’s okay. We actually enjoyed the food that you served for us. Thank You.” The manager, who was on the farthest seat on the table, said. It was Onew who sat right in front of the table, making him only few inches away from Robi. “Anyways, let me introduce you to SHINee.” The manager uttered and pointed at the boys.

“Hello, sir.” Key uttered first.

Robi went closer to everyone to shake each other’s hands. “Annyonghasaeyo, Je Ireo-mun, Robi Tuazon imnida.” He smiled and greeted them in Korean.

“My name is Key.” / “My name is Minho.” / “I am Jonghyun.” / “My name is Taemin.”

“Annyonghasaeyo, I am the leader of the group, my name is Onew.” Onew said, introducing himself in Korean.

“Yes.” He uttered. “It’s finally nice meeting you, Onew.” He smiled and professionally took his hand and shook hands with him.