When we bumped into each other

10 days with Lee Jin Ki

 


***

SHINee, together with a manager and Robi, entered a room-like walk in closet to see the types of clothes that is usually being advertisement for their business.

“These are cool.” The ever so fashionista Key praised as he took a look of the clothes that were hung in there. “It would be good to try each of them and include in the magazine Mr. Tuazon was referring to a while ago.”

“That’s a great idea.” Robi said when he fully understood what he said.

They were walking along the room when Robi’s secretary approached him. “Sir Rob, Ms. Christine’s on the line. Will you take her call?”

“Oh yeah.” He looked at the members and excused himself for a bit.

“Did I hear Christine’s name, hyung?” Taemin looked at Onew who was busy inspecting the pants that was hung on the displays.

“Yeah. He did say Christine.” Jonghyun confirmed.

“You guys know how there are different people with the same name in the world.” He shook his head but secretly thought of the fact that Christine’s name was mentioned.

***

“I’m here downstairs but I won’t go up there, Rob.” She informed him as soon as he took the phone. “We’re not playing here. This is not a game, Robi. Please. Let’s stop this.” She pleaded.

“I’m not playing, Tine. I just want to be cleared about everything.”

“I’m not buying it. Hate me now but meeting him again will be the last thing that I’ll do.” She said.

“I understand. Okay. It’s fine. Don’t go here anymore. Just go to the conference room and I’ll pick you there when they left.” He said, asking her to go to the same place he met SHINee just a while ago. Christine agreed and she hunged up.

He was about to go back to the room when Onew suddenly went out. They looked at each other for few seconds.

“Oh. Where are you going?” He asked.

Onew absorbed his English for some seconds before he got to answer. “I forgot my phone. Excuse me.” He bowed and quickly left, running back to the conference room.

He frowned and unconsciously massaged his temples.

Why does it seem like it’s destiny that making them see each other?

***

Onew helped himself in opening the door of room. He slid opened it gently and was surprised when he saw a girl with her back facing him.

He hesitated to come in because the girl might be waiting for someone else but he decided to barge in for a while since he has to get his phone that was left on the table.

“E-excuse me.” He said as he tried entering. “I’ll just get my phone.”

The girl turned around after he got her attention, and all of a sudden… it was as if time suddenly stopped.

“C-Christine.” He uttered in disbelief and surprise.

She was frozen. What she wanted to do that moment is run to him, hug him tightly and feel his lips again.

But she cannot do that… and the world knows why.