Falling into right places

10 days with Lee Jin Ki

 

***

She wasn’t doing anything in the office that morning. They just finished a big project for the day so she was kind of in a relax mode. She noticed her phone lighted. A message was received from someone.

Christine took her phone and checked it out. She was kind of shocked and nervous when she learned that it was a message from Robi. She hesitated to open it at first, but decided to do so after few minutes of thinking.

“It’s not easy letting you go, but I’m trying. So I suggest you to start smiling again and go on with a happier life. Let’s see each other when everything’s fine already. Take care.”

She cannot refrain herself from having teary eyes. She smiled as she wiped those tears off and looked at the message again. “You’re doing great, Robi. Everything’s going to be fine soon.”

She checked her watch and it’s already 1:30 pm, 30 minutes before her working hours ends. She rested her head on the swivel chair and looked up the ceiling. How long has it been since she last saw Onew? 2 or 3 weeks maybe? He wasn’t able to return again because the advertisement for the clothing brand under Robi’s management was shot in Korea.

She sighed and pouted, “And he’s not even contacting me. What now? Did he already dump me?” She flinched when she realized she wasn’t updating herself on SHINee ever since Onew left. She became so busy about work, and handling her emotions with Robi. Christine decided to open her twitter account on her laptop.

“This guy should at least be monitored.” She said while logging in.

What welcomed her were the feast of tweets regarding Onew and his… twitter account?

“Onew’s tweets are rather mysterious, compared to Jonghyun which are so hilarious.” One of the people she’s following tweeted.

“I wonder if he’s talking to a certain person, but if it’s like that then he should mention that person. LOL. Onew oppa doesn’t know how to mention.” The other tweet said.

“What is this? He has a twitter account? Did an account when he’s not even calling me? You sure like to play around, huh?”

She browsed until she saw a link directing to Onew’s twitter account.

There. He already has more than 120,000 followers but he was still following 5 people, including Jonghyun. His twitcon was that of a photo taken by himself probably just few days ago. She was surprised to see almost a hundred tweets from him already

“He’s not into tweeting, huh.”

She was even surprised when all of his tweets are in English. “And he’s not addicted into English, too.”

She started reading his tweets one by one:

She snapped her fingers when she realized she didn’t give Onew any contact number. “I’m so stupid.” She gently hit her head. “Now how can I contact him back? Seeshh. Does he even read mentions? And when I tweet him something it would probably be just covered by everbody else’s tweet.”

Surely, a lot of fans are tweeting him from time to time. If she ever mentions him on her tweet, there is only a 1 percent of chance that he might be able to read it.

The recent update for SHINee says they are going to have series of shows together with other idols in Incheon and Busan, making SHINee as busy again. He sure cannot go back to the Philippines for a while.

“Whatever. I should just do this and wait in vain.” She shook her head because she couldn’t believe how stupid she can be for not giving him anything to contact her.

“@SHINeeJinki14 Hey Jinki-oppa, I’m Christine Song fr the Philippines. Do you still remember me?”

She’s not sure if he’s going to read it, but it won’t hurt trying, though.

Christine was stranded on Onew’s profile when Stephanie called her.

“Yes, babe?” She answered.

“I just call because I almost forgot to say goodbye.” She said. “I’ll be off to Singapore later tonight because I have few seminars to attend there.”

“Oh.” She was surprised. “When will you coming back then?”

“Probably in a month. It is a series of seminars and they say we will go straight to the training and workshop, too. So I guess I will be staying there longer than planned.”

“You’re going alone?”

“Probably.” She chuckled. “Take care of yourself while I’m away okay?”

“Of course, but I’ll miss you. Be sure to call me as often as possible.” She said.

***

“Are you sure you’re going to reject the invitation to Singapore, sir?” Robi’s secretary asked for the 2nd time to make sure about Robi’s rejection.

“Yes. I still need to take care of a lot of things here. Tell them I’m sorry but I’m willing to go next time.” He said.

“Okay, sir, then I’ll call them later.”

“Okay thank you.”

The secretary went out but another person suddenly came in. It was Stephanie.

“Hey Steph.” He smiled as soon as he saw her.

“I’m just here to say… uhmm… a temporary goodbye.”

“Goodbye? Why? Where are you going?”

“Singapore.” She then explained to him why she is going there. He nodded after listening.

“That sounds fun, but too bad you’re immediately flying tonight.”

They talked for several more minutes before Steph decided to go since she still has to take care of the things she will be needing before flying.

He suddenly called his secretary after she came out. “Did you already reject the invitation to Singapore?” He asked.

“Not yet sir. Should I do it immediately? I’ll call them now.”

“No. No. It’s okay. Tell them I’m getting the offer and thank them a lot for the invitation. I’ll be seeing them few days from now for the trip to Singapore. Thank You.”



 

-=Author's Note=-

It's SHINee's 4th year anniversary!! :))) Nothing. Just too happy about it. LOL. Anyways. I'll sleep late tonight since it's their day so I might probably be updating another chapter before I go to sleep. LOL. And PS: Onew's twitter account is something I made out of being fool with myself. LOL. I really put an effort to make an Onew Hoax account, neh? But it is not existing anymore. Change the name again. Hoho.