The irresistible Idol can’t be stopped

10 days with Lee Jin Ki

 

***

“Hello, My name is Onew. It is a pleasure meeting you.”

Key and Minho looked at each other as they heard someone speaking in english early in the morning. They just woke up and were about to open the door of their room when they heard Onew speaking.

“I think it’s not good enough.” He said to himself and changed his sentence. “Hello, I am Onew. Nice to meet you.”

Key and Minho frowned as they realized he is probably talking to himself. They decided to go out of the room and saw Onew on the kitchen cooking breakfast while holding a book on his other hand.

“Hyung. What are you doing?” Key went beside him and peeped at the book he was holding. “Easy way to speak English?”

Minho sat on the table and noticed another book, too. “Learn to speak the Filipino Language?”

They looked at him weirdly and he looked back. “Why? What’s so weird about learning the languages?” He asked.

“There’s nothing wrong.” Key went to sit in front of the table. “It’s just plain weird.”

“I probably have the idea why someone suddenly takes hold into learning.” Minho looked at Onew while rubbing his own chin. He looked like investigating a criminal case against his hyung. “Talking about the opponent being fluent in English.” He chuckled.

“It’s not that I’m not fluent.” Onew went towards the table and placed the eggs and hotdogs that he cooked. “I just didn’t practice a lot in speaking so I am slow.” He said. “You pretty know how high my grades were in English when I was in highschool.”

“Then how about this? It will be difficult to learn this since you don’t have any background of it before.” Key asked while pointing at the Filipino book.

“I’ll do it after I master speaking English.” He turned around to go back to the kitchen and speak again. “I’m the leader of SHINee and I’m here to beat you.”

Key and Minho laughed after hearing Onew’s several weird sentences. They heard him saying, “Do you want to die?” / “Go rot in hell.” / “Say goodbye to your happiness, dude.”

“Hey, hyung… are those sentences included in the book? They are so weird!” Key, who is fluent in English, noticed.

“No. Some of those sentences were from the English movies I watched last night. I took note of the cool sentences for future references.” He said.

“And he will be saying Go rot in hell to that dude.” Minho chuckled. “Go for it, hyung.”

Though it will be hard to master speaking English that fast, the members believe that Onew can do it quickly. He’s known to have 101% focus to the things he wants to achieve. For example; 2 weeks of training for his ttakbbam skills, 3 consecutive sessions with the trainer for his opera prod during SWC, and a week of vocal sessions for 25 second long note.

“But because Onew hyung was too hyped up to surpass his own record, he ended up reaching until 40 second time frame.” Jonghyun uttered while they are already eating breakfast. “Let’s bet on when he can finally talk to that dude in fluent English.”

“Hyung.” Key patted Onew’s back while he was still munching the food. “You have to repeat everything you said to him the last time in English.”

Onew looked was dumbfounded, “But I can’t remember everything that I said.”

“At least make your English version of it. I think he didn’t understand it. He just looked stupid listening to your non-stop Korean speech.”

***

“I can’t send them back.”

“I know, that’s why I’m telling you we should break this off for a while.” She repeated what she said just a while ago.

“Are you even serious about this, Christine?” His eyebrows met in disappointment. “We’re getting married.”

“I really thought you didn’t know what you were doing from the start.” Christine’s eyes were about to tear up again. “As much as I don’t want to hurt you, I don’t want to suffer that much, too. We’re only hurting ourselves to what we are doing. Can we just stop for a while? Fine. Onew is here and we can’t do anything about it. But the fact that he’s close enough to our sight, it makes everything even more complicated.”

“May I know why you don’t like seeing him?” Robi looked at her in a gentle way, waiting for her to answer his question.

She didn’t answer.

“I just want the truth.”

“It will hurt you to know the truth.” She took all the courage to tell him.

“I know, and I’m willing to take it.” He looked away and breathed heavily. “This will be for a while anyway… everything will be back in normal once you steady your heart again.”

“I can’t control myself when I see him.” She said honestly. “I can’t resist myself. That’s a hard thing to do.”

Robi tried hiding it but the truth is, he was badly injured after hearing what she said.

“That’s why I’m saying you should stop this and let me move on alone… without your help and even his presence.” She sighed. “How many days left for them to go back to Korea?”

“Three more days, and then they will return after 2 weeks for the advertisement.”

“I will be thankful if we don’t see each other while they are in the country.” She said and left his car, going inside the company for her work.

He rested his head on his seat and punched the steering wheel.

“You jerk. Now you see how you messed up everything by doing such a thing.” He said, cursing himself.



 

-=Author's Note=-

I was about to have another update quickly after chapter 31 but dang... I fell asleep and woke up few hours passed Midnight already ~ I'm jealous of Luna and Onew singing together during the LA Concert. Okay. I just confessed, now I can move on with my life. LOL. Now ~ I smell competition in here soon. hoho.