I’ll wait for you

10 days with Lee Jin Ki

 

***

“Let’s leave without telling them.” Christine insisted as Onew suggested for them to go to her house before leaving for Korea.

“You’ll make them worried.” Onew poured a refill of Orange Juice to her glass. “You drink a lot.”

“At least it’s just juice, and I’m not alcoholic like you.” She took the glass and drank it oneshot, making Onew’s eyes widened in surprise. “But as what I was saying… I don’t think they’ll let me go if we tell it to them.” She pouted.

“If they don’t agree then you have to stay here.” He said in finality. “I don’t want them to hate me, you know.”

“But Jinki…” Onew looked at her. “I mean… oppa.” She corrected herself and pouted.

“If it’s only based on my decision then we could be traveling off by this moment.” He took her hand and played with her palm. “But what could I do? We still need your parents’ approval.”

“I’m not a minor.” She reasoned out.

“Saying you’re not a minor doesn’t excused your parents’ to be worried.” He replied. “I’m saying this as an older brother. We should ask your parents first.”

“Older brother?”

“Why?” He smirked naughtily. “A boyfriend, maybe?”

She pouted and shook her head. “3 month rule.”

“That doesn’t apply to me.”

She pouted even more. “Then sooner or later you’re going to dump me like what you did to other girls?” She pointed her fingers to him. “Hey. Let me tell you this. If you’re going to dump me then tell it to me beforehand. I need to be prepared.”

Onew frowned. “If I tell you I’m going to dump you sooner or later… what will you do?”

She looked at him for a while trying to figure out if it was just a conditional statement or he really meant it to be true. “Then… I guess I’ll just wait for that time to happen.” Then she sighed, “And enjoy the days when you still like me.”

“You won’t go back to him?”

She smiled and sighed. “You know what’s weird about life? People take the risk of being hurt rather stay with the safest zone possible because they think life could be happier just in case.”

He looked at her and caressed her cheeks lovingly. “You sweet little angel.”

***

“I suggest you to stay, Christine.” Her mom told them the moment she explained what they had planned to do. “It’s not that I’m forbidding you to go but…” Her mother looked at her husband, “I think it would be better if you end your relationship with Robi the right way. I mean, please don’t get offended Onew but I really think she should handle the matter with him first.”

“I understand ma’am.” Onew replied with a smile.

She looked at him helplessly, as if telling him to do something to make her parents all at ease to make her go. “I will also agree that she still has to make it clear with Robi.”

So the bottomline is… Christine was forced to stay. That night, Christine sent Onew outside their house.

“I hate you for siding with them.” She said while pouting. “And how will I face him? I don’t know how, oppa, and I really don’t want to see him for now.”

“I’m not saying you should see him and clear everything right away. Of course, I know it will take time. It’s just that… we both have to take one step at a time. It won’t be convenient to take another step forward if the path in front of you is still messy.”

“Why do you have to make so much sense?” She said in an irritated voice. “You’re not the Jinki I knew when I first got in Korea. That one person was aggressive, naughty, doesn’t think first before doing anything, and is so carefree.”

“Blame yourself for changing me then.” He chuckled. “It’s getting late. I need to go because my flight is early tomorrow.” He held her hands and kissed them. “Take care of yourself when I’m not around, okay? I’ll call you whenever possible.” He kissed her cheek and started walking away.

“Jinki-oppa.” She called out and ran towards him. “Do you promise to not look at anyone else while I’m still present?” She raised her pinky finger, “As in ready for a pinky promise?”

Onew raised his pinky finger and locked it with hers. “I promise.”



 

-=Author's Note=-

Can you hear me singing...

Long Long Distance Love Affair ... Wooahh!!!