Without you

10 days with Lee Jin Ki

 

***

“Hyung?” Key uttered while still rubbing his eyes. He went to the kitchen for the preparation of their breakfast.

“Oh. You woke up.” Onew uttered while busily getting the pancake from the pan and putting it on the plate. “You wash your face first, I’ll wake the other boys up.” He said and put the pancakes on the table. “What do you prefer? Coffee or hot chocolate?”

“Uhh… Just Coffee, and give hot choco to the boys.” He said and sleepily went inside the comfort room. He was peeing when he finally went to realization, “He’s being like an umma again?”

Onew went to knock on other member’s door to wake them up. “Kids, wake up. Let’s eat breakfast together.” He said. Few minutes later and everybody were sitting on the table.

“How long will you be acting like the umma in the house, hyung?” Jonghyun uttered while pouring syrup into his pancake.

“You don’t normally wake up as early as this. I wonder what’s up with you these days.” Key said.

“I can’t sleep properly.” Onew said.

“You’re a caring hyung, but I really wonder why you went as far as being such a mother to us. You’ve been like this ever since someone left.” Minho took a gulp of his chocolate.

“Just eat, guys. Be thankful that I take time to prepare those foods for you.” He said while chuckling.

“This is the catch…” Key leaned forward. “I wonder where the clumsiness in kitchen went. He’s being good so far. No burnt food, no burnt pans, no burnt dorm.”

Everyone laugh…

“And he even smiles off cam… something he doesn’t normally do when he’s only with us. Am I suddenly seeing Onew instead of Jinki? Hey, hyung~ You’re portraying Onew just now.” Taemin looked around the dorm. “Are we perhaps on a hidden camera?”

“You kids.” Onew smiled while shaking his head. “Why do you feel so weird about me?”

“I just realized Onew is better than Jinki.” Jonghyun said while looking at his hyung. “Though we love Jinki just the way he is, I think Onew is much lovable.”

Onew stood up while still smiling. “I’ll get some milk.”

***

It was almost 9 pm and SHINee was in the dorm watching random shows when someone called Onew.

“Joon-ah.” It was Lee Joon on the other line.

“Yah. Jinki-ah. Let’s go out have some fun. Are you in?”

“Nah. I’m just staying at home.”

“WAE? Let’s drink at the same bar. I heard there are a lot of hot girls there tonight.”

“I don’t want to go, Joon. I’ll probably just stay at home.”

“You weirdo. I’ve been asking you to come with me since the last time and you rejected me. Tell me… is there anyone else that has your attention right now? You never introduced me to your current girl.”

“I don’t have any.” He said. “And I doubt I will have any anytime soon.”

“You are really strange. You are not the Lee Jinki I know. Okay then, I’ll hang up. Bye Onew.” He said and quickly ended the phone.

“Lee Joon-hyung?” Taemin asked when he removed the phone from his ear. He nodded. “He called you the last time and you said you weren’t going. You rejected him again?”

“I don’t want to drink. I don’t even want to flirt with the girls he’ll introduce. I’d rather sleep tonight and try to sleep.” He said.

The other four members looked at each other and shook their heads.

“This hyung has becoming weirder as time passes by.”