(Flash Back) Robi’s luckiest girl

10 days with Lee Jin Ki

 

<2 years ago>

“She’s the weirdest girl, dude. The last time I talked to her, she told me stories about Koreans making debut on the age of 5. I mean, seriously?” Robi was hanging out with his friends in his newly bought condominium unit.

“The weird ones are those who allow a 5 year old kid to debut, not her.” He corrected and emptied the glass of wine he was holding.

“You really love her, don’t you?” One of his friends chuckled. “She’s pretty, intelligent, sweet, and nice, but there are better girls than her. So why her?” He frowned.

“Why even ask?” Robi looked at them with a WTF face. “She’s one lovely girl. Why would I not like her?”

“You, two, look perfect.” The other friend reacted. “We just thought that someone as popular as you in the business world would hook up with a model, or an actress maybe.”

“So you guys are after y girls.” He poured his glass with wine again.

“Well…”

All of them chuckled.

“I swear. I love her so much. I want her to be the girl I will marry 2 years from now. She’s perfectly the one for me.” He uttered. “And you know what? She makes me the happiest guy in the world. I would do everything for her. I’ll make her the happiest girl in the world, too.”

“6 months in relationship and he suddenly feels the need of marrying her.” His friend uttered.

“You’ll want to get married that fast as soon as you meet the person that will complete you.” He smiled.

Robi’s love for Christine is unexplainable. As how he says it all the time, “My love for you keeps growing every time I see your face.”

The day both of them became officially together was the day he felt like he just won the lottery jackpot. His happiness is beyond anyone could ever imagine. From the time he met her until now, she pretty much means the whole world to him, and he knows she will be his world for forever.

***

“I saw your boyfriend’s car outside the school gate.” Her friend told her when they meet on the cafeteria. She was to go home but decided to drop by the cafeteria to meet her precious friend.

She smiled. “He’s early.”

“You~” She elbowed her Christine while smiling teasingly. “You got some charm, Chrissy… You must be happy.”

“I am. I am so happy. I feel his love all the time so I’m giving my all to make him feel my love, too.” She smiled towards nowhere. “And besides, he’s always supporting me. Unlike other people who think of me as someone crazy over SHINee and other Kpop groups, he supports me and spoils me about it a lot. He never disapproves to everything that makes me really happy.” She told her.

“He must be in love with you so much.”

“And he’s the best boyfriend someone could ever have. He just makes me so happy.”

***

She saw him waiting outside his car in front of their school gate. Christine smiled and plotted a good surprise to her boyfriend.

“Should I steal a kiss on his cheek?” She whispered herself while hiding. “That won’t work. He’s a lot taller than me. I won’t be able to reach his face.”

After thinking for a minute, she silently made her way to him.

“I got you!!” Robi was surprised when someone hugged him from his back. He giggled when he realized who it was.

“Babe…” He quickly faced her and hugged her like that.

“I’ll whisper something to you.” She said cutely and motioned her pointing finger in a come-close-to-me way.

He leaned in closer and was immediately surprised when he received a kiss from his girlfriend. “That’s to make up for being late.” She said.

They had few more laughs before going inside the car. The couple decided to eat lunch together today.

“So how was school?” Christine’s smile faded away after hearing the word ‘school’. “Why? Did something happen?” He asked worriedly.

“My professor rejected my report. I need to start over again.” She looked at him helplessly. “But you know… doing that report is tiring. It’s very tiring. It takes a lot of hard work and sleepless nights to complete such thing.”

“Aww..” Robi made a sad face and caressed her cheek while driving. “I feel sorry for my baby.” He uttered.

“Tell me… am I still going to do well? Will I be able to finish it better?” She pouted.

“Of course.” He smiled as she turned to her. “You can do it. I know.” He grabbed her hand and pressed it tightly.

“Thank You. You always encourage me.” She uttered. “How about you? Did anything happen in the office today?”

“I closed a deal with a foreign investor.” He announced. She quickly changed position.

“Oh really?!” She remarked excitingly. “Wow! You’re the best! I knew it. You know how to deal with those foreign people. You did well!”

“I’m happy you feel proud.” He said confidently.

“I am way beyond the word proud. I’m so happy you got it. You had been preparing for it, right?” Christine was talking with great animation. Robi finds her really amusing.

They talked about all the things that happened for the day as he was driving their way to the restaurant.

This is how they communicate with each other. It’s not necessarily to be together always. What is important is how they achieve to know each other’s events in life. They make sure everything about each other is being talked about. That’s how healthy their relationship is. Even the Kpop songs and groups that capture Christine’s attention are within his knowledge. They are lovers, and they are best friends.

***

Robi and Christine take good care of their relationship that is already 2 years in motion. He is now hinting for a marriage and both of them know that they are heading into it. Christine and Robi believe that what they is a relationship that will last forever.

At least, that’s what they thought.



 

-=Author's Note=-

Am I being mean to Robi?? Okay, my sincere apology... but this fic actually meant to be like that.  The plot is quite complicated, but I would love it so much if you support this until the end. Thank You.