Day 4.1, Not that I’m bad

10 days with Lee Jin Ki

 

I don’t know… but right now, I don’t really want to care about anyone… or anything. All I want to do is to watch where this is heading, and to helplessly look at myself as I fall for his trap.

That guy in the past that I had known to be sweet, gentle, and cute… he’s actually dangerous in real life.

Onew… or should I say Lee Jinki, is an unpredictable, full of other side, dangerous person.

“Here we are.” They arrived at the small pension house located at one of the sea sides in Caledonia. “There’s the room, unpack your luggage there.” He said.

She went straight to the room he pointed out but she was surprised to see Onew following… with his luggage.

“Wait. Where are you going?” She asked while both of them are on the room’s door.

“I’m going to unpack my bag, too.” He said innocently.

“In the same room?”

He nodded, “Yeah. What’s wrong?”

“Then where will you sleep?”

“There on the bed? Beside you, maybe?” He smirked and went ahead of her inside the room.

“Hey, Jinki. We can’t stay in the same room. Where’s mine?” She went with him inside in panic. She wasn’t aware they will be in the same room… or maybe she is but just not prepared about it yet.

“You called me Jinki?” He smirked and put his bags down. He walked forward to her while looking intensely at his eyes.

She moved backwards, afraid that they might be super close again. She take a step backward, another step backward, and another, and another, and then she stopped. Behind her is the wall already.

He smirked and placed both his arms above her shoulders, hands on the wall. He covered her as if she can’t escape anymore.

“Calling me by my real name means you’re clearly accepting me as me, but a little term of respect won’t hurt. It would be nicer of you to call me oppa, you know?”

She felt awkward, and had to turn her head few degrees away from him. But he couldn’t let it pass, he turned her head back and smiled.

“Dear, I wonder if you know where you just brought yourself.” He chuckled. “We’re here, far from the people I know… far from the people who care… far from the people who involve themselves to everything that I do… far from scandals, issue, and controversy.  In your case, you are in the place where you cannot escape… a place that, whether you like it or not, will witness what’s up between us.” His other hand slid over her shoulders, down to her arm, then finally to her hand. “So unpack your things now and I’ll tour you around this place today. Let’s not waste the weather.” He finally left her alone.

She had to take few more seconds to breathe and to absorb what’s happening. Christine felt like she was a prison… but half of me is saying I need to do the worse things.

***

She was surprised when Onew held her hand. Christine looked at him. She saw how serene and peaceful he looked at the moment.

“Just one week. I want you to be mine until the week is over.” He looked back at her. “I feel sorry about your boyfriend, but I’m a little selfish when it comes to the things that I badly want. And besides, you’ll be with him for the rest of your life. I’m just asking one week of your life.” His voice wasn’t that in authority, nor it is in pleading voice, but he was talking as if he’s telling her he doesn’t care about anything at all. All he wants is to live the whole week with her presence.

They sat on the sand, allowing the water from the sea to wet their bare feet.

“It’s not like I’m a bad person…” He uttered out of nowhere while looking at the horizon. “It’s just that… I’m not as good as how they make me seem in public.”

“It’s funny how they gave me the smoothest image in SHINee. I’m not that innocent, and I’m also not as pure as how it seems. I am human, beside from falling constantly and doing random gags, there’s something worse in me, but because of my image, I can’t even tell a single story about it.” He looked at her. “You know, it’s hard to act innocent when you know it very well. It’s also hard to act awkward when you’re not awkward about it at all. So here… here is the place where I really know who I am. I don’t really need to pretend or hide everything here.” Then from innocent smile, he started smirking like a naughty young man.

“I wonder why I’m saying all these to you. I’m just after flirting and everything like that but… oh nevermind.” He stopped talking and both of them both spent the rest of the day walking, viewing the beautiful sea.



 

-=Author's Note=-

A chapter marked with M is coming up ~ *smirks*