Day 5.1, No regrets. Just you and I

10 days with Lee Jin Ki

 

 

***

Christine woke up feeling swollen all over her body. She couldn’t move because she felt very painful. She turned around and realized she used Onew’s arm as her pillow. She curled a bit, making herself feel warm by moving closer to his body.

Because of her movement, Onew woke up and realized he was with someone, with Christine to be exact. As she was trying to cover herself with his body, Onew took the initiative and hugged her.

“You feel cold? It’s usually cold in the morning.” He said and wrapped his arms around her whole body. “Plus you don’t have any clothes on, it will be much colder.” He took another blanket and placed them on top of them, still hugging her tightly. “Now do you feel warmer?” He asked after.

She nodded. “I feel comfortable.” She said in a sleepy voice. “I want to sleep more~”

“Sleep then~” He said and closed his eyes again.

I’m aware that it’s Onew who’s hugging me right now. He’s not my real boyfriend, but I don’t know why I feel so comfortable with him.

Never did I ever imagine that I’ll come to a point where I feel much more comfortable than how I am with Robi. I thought his side was the safest side..

But sleeping here, beside this man I only knew in pictures and internet, makes me feel so safe. Though I know the dangerous one is him, too.

“J-Jinki.” She called.

“Hmm?”

“You’ve been to how many relationships already?” She looked at him with puppy eyes.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean… How many girlfriends did you have already?”

“I never been into serious relationship.” He admitted. “I only dated. I’m not ready to fall in love yet.”

“Why not?”

“Because I don’t feel stable about myself, too. I get easily bored. I always want to find something new. If I fall in love, of course I want it to be with that person only, but I can’t seem to find someone that can make me stable.”

What he heard next was Christine’s long sigh.

“What is that for?”

“I just remember Robi…”

“Who’s Robi?”

“My boyfriend.”

“Didn’t I tell you I want you to be mine for a week?” Onew held her chin up. “And telling I want you to be mine means I want you to only think of me, make me happy, satisfy me, and grant all my wishes.” He pinched her nose and chuckled. “I don’t want to hear you talking about him again until your 10 day vacation ends.”

***

They were walking on the seashore when he wrapped his arms around her, making her stick closer to him. “Tell me one of your wildest dreams and let’s do it here.”

“2 of my wildest dreams just came true. One: To watch SHINee’s closer while I’m sitting on the nearest area possible.”

“And the other one?”

“I’m not telling it.” She chuckled. “This dream might not be the wildest, but I really want to try this all my life. I want to run on the white sand beside the sea barefooted.”

Onew immediately knelt down and took her slippers. “Let’s do it.”

She looked at him in confusion.

“At the count of three… You’ll run along the white sand barefooted.” He breathed. “One… Two… Three!! RUN!”

She chuckled and decided to run in the end. She was laughing. It seems like she was the freest human being in the world.

Her hair was dancing with the wind as she ran. The below the knee yellow dress she was wearing was swaying along her body as she move. While Onew looked from afar, he didn’t notice he was looking at her too much.

Then she tripped.

He ran to her as fast as he could to check her. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah~ Yes I am.” She said and he helped her stand up.

“Can you walk?”

“I can.”

Onew didn’t wait for her to walk. He lifted her up and carried her on his arms.

“Hey~! I can walk! I’m okay. You can put me down.”

“Boyfriends normally do this to their girlfriends.” He uttered and giggled while he carried her.