You want war?

10 days with Lee Jin Ki

 

 

***

As much as I wanted us to never cross paths… I wonder why he suddenly went to where I am right now…

“J-jinki.” She uttered as soon as she saw him enter the room.

Their habits of sending secret messages through the eyes were done for the nth time. There was silence, but they understand what that meant for the two of them.

“I’m sorry you have to go through this as well.”  She uttered after a while. “I tried to stop him but he wasn’t able to be stopped. I’m really sorry.”

“I don’t understand.”

“He’s my boyfriend.” She looked at his eyes and he can feel the loneliness from her. “And he knows what happened to us. He is trying to make me realize the thing that can make me really happy so he did his best to make you go here.” She bitted her lower lip.

“So he has different intention other than making us his endorsers?” He sighed. “Do you still love him?”

She bowed her head before answering. “O-of course.”

Onew doesn’t know why he felt a little pain on his heart as he heard her say that.

“I… I told him I will never see you again and that I’ll forget you… but…”

“He’s not making you happy at all. He’s making you suffer. He is a selfish man trying to be sure about his own happiness so he is trying to tell you no one can love you as much as he does.” He said. Angry tone can be traced on his voice. “Making you happy? Helping you realize your real happiness? Stop kidding me. He’s doing this because he doesn’t want to be left alone in the middle of everything when both of you are already married. He’s not thinking about you. He’s thinking about his own sake.”

“It’s not like that. This is my fault. Please.” She went to him and grabbed a hold of his hand. “Don’t be so angry about it. I promise I won’t be such a hindrance to your work. I promise our relationship won’t bother you in any way.” Tears started silently flowing on her face.

“He is taking hold of the years both of you are together so he has the guts to do this. He’s a brave man. He’s even not afraid of my ability to steal you away.” He smirked.

“No, please. Don’t make yourself involve anymore. This is my problem… it is not yours to handle anymore.” She said between sobs.

Onew looked down and their eyes met again. His gaze lowered to her lips. How long has it been since he last had a taste of her sweetest lips?

She sensed what he was thinking so she removed her sight out of him. Onew suddenly lifted her chin and kissed her without warning. It wasn’t as aggressive and as hungry as before. It was rather a gentle kiss secretly telling each other the words “I missed you so bad.”

Christine had the strength to end the kiss. “This isn’t right, Onew.” She pushed him and walked out of the room.

“I’ll make it right. I promise I will.” He said when the door was shut closed.

***

“Babe!” Robi was rather surprised when he saw her exited the room. Christine was surprised, too. But she rather maintained her posture and silently told him, “I’ll just go. Call me when you’re free.” And then she left everybody thinking why she seems to be almost crying.

“Isn’t it Christine?” Taemin told the other three. “What is she doing here?”

“She’s my girlfriend.” He didn’t understand what Taemin said but he sensed he was asking about her. “Please let’s go inside.”

“Girlfriend?” Jonghyun showed his WTF face when the interpreter told them what he said.

Inside, they saw Onew with a dark expression.

“Hey, hyung. Are you okay?” Jonghyun was the first one to go towards him. He placed his arms on his shoulder but they were all surprised when Onew suddenly removed his hand harshly.

“What’s wrong, Onew?” The manager asked.

He turned around and met Robi’s eyes. With that look, Robi knew something really happened.

“I don’t believe your frontal attitude.” He spoke in Korean. “I did the same before so I know how you play with her feelings. Don’t ever make lame excuses like just wanting her to identify her true happiness. You’ve got to be kidding me, dear Christine’s boyfriend. You are a selfish guy only thinking about your own happiness. Don’t hide in such pitiful and kind identity. It’s not working with me. I will never buy it. I’m a greater actor than you. So you called for SHINee to compare yourself to me? Are you really confident about her choosing you until the end? Now that I discovered what you really want, then I might as well give you what you deserve. I’ll win her. You want war? I’ll give it to you. I hate you for making everything difficult for Christine.” He said and then left.

Robi was left puzzled. He didn’t understand a thing aside for Christine’s name. He turned to the interpreter but she apologized, “He was talking too fast. I only got hold of the part where he said he hates you for making everything difficult for Christine.”

They weren’t able to talk anymore but Minho initiated to follow his hyung.

“Hyung.” He called after running after him. “What happened?”

“That stupid guy was trying to make things so complicated. I don’t even understand why he had made me come here when Christine already told him she is choosing him. He just made her feel guilty and burdened with what he did. He’s not thinking at all.” He said angrily.

“If you want her to stop confusing herself about you and him, then try your best not to see her anymore. If you don’t want to be involved then move a little far from them.” Minho suggested.

“Do you think I’ll allow Christine to be with that selfish guy?” He raised an eyebrow. “At first I was on set to just let her go because I know how much they love each other. But knowing what he does to her now? I’m telling you I’ll steal Christine to him.”

“So you’re declaring a war between you and our boss?”

“He’s not my boss, okay? He’s the boyfriend Christine doesn’t really deserve.” He said in conviction.

“You don’t even deserve Christine, too, hyung.” Minho said.

“I’ll make myself deserving for her.”



 

-=Author's Note=-

Saying hi to Onew's ABS over there. LOL. Enough to add intensity to this boom chapter. Let me know what you think guys... Are you Team Onew? or Team Robi? Hohoho~