Chapter 88

Something Called Love...

“Baby, what are you doing?!” Jung Yunho exclaimed once he came home that day from work.

Jung Ji Eun was staring at him in shock at his sudden yell. The protective husband immediately grabbed the laundry basket from his wife without even bothering to put down his briefcase.

“Here, let me.” He offered his help. “You should be resting in bed. What are you doing running around the house?”

Ji Eun could only roll her eyes at the protective husband mode in action. It’s been a week since she was discharged from the hospital and her husband, mother and brother wouldn’t let her do any housework at all. It’s true she was taking care of their newborn twins, but she was getting bored for not being able to do much at her mother’s home.

“Those are just the babies laundry Yunnie.” Ji Eun pouted as Yunho was persistent about not letting her do any work.

“You still need a lot of rest. Your job is to only take care of our twins. Mum and I will do everything else.” He tried to coax her once he saw that pout.

“Speaking of the babies, where are my little angels?” the father’s expression turned bright at the mention of his children.

“I just gave them a bath. They’re sleeping right now.” Ji Eun replied while walking towards their bedroom.

Upon arriving in their bedroom, Yunho slowly placed the basket and his briefcase quietly beside the dresser as he crept slowly towards the bed. Ji Eun could only smile as she watched her husband approaching Jiho and Jiyool. They were sleeping soundly on the king sized bed while snuggling closer to each other.

“Aigoo~ they’re so cute!” Yunho silently squealed while sitting on the bed.

He their cheeks softly before giving them both a kiss on their foreheads. Seeing that the babies didn’t even flinch, Yunho laid on the bed beside them. His head was laid close to Jiyool while one of his arms were wrapping around them and pulling the twins close to him.

That earned a soft slap on his shoulder from mommy dearest. “You’ll wake them up!” she scolded him, but a smile was formed on her lips.

Yunho ignored his wife as he kept the twins close to him, claiming that he was keeping them warm in his hugs. Ji Eun sighed in defeat when she heard her mother, Hyesun calling her from the kitchen.

A few minutes later, Ji Eun came back to find her husband falling asleep while keeping the babies warm in his embrace. She just smiled like a proud wife and mother at the scene as she approached the bed. She gently kissed their foreheads before waking up her husband.

“Yunnie, wake up.” She shook him.

Yunho didn’t even flinch as he kept his eyes closed. Ji Eun softly his hair while staring at his sleeping face. He looked tired yet there’s a peaceful and happy look on his face. She couldn’t deny feeling complete now with a loving husband and two beautiful baby twins by her side.

She kissed his cheek once. “Oppa, wake up.” The husband finally woke up, rubbing his eyes sleepily. “Go freshen up first. Dinner’s ready.”

Yunho groggily tried to stand up from the bed, trying hard not to wake the babies up. He nodded, giving his wife a peck before taking the towel she offered to him.


“Wah~ Min! Buy me this!” Jihye pleaded for the for their hundreth time that day, showing her boyfriend the item of her desire. “Ooh~ that one too!”

“Aish, why did I agree to drive you girls here…” Changmin whined, hands in his pockets in refusal to all of JiHye’s pleas.

“I just want a refund for this.” Ayumi had a look of dissatisfaction on her face, hands clutching tightly to the paper bag which contains the item she bought a few weeks ago.

They arrived at an electronics store where Ayumi bought her new laptop. It hadn’t been five minutes since she went to the counter before her loud voice was heard by Jihye and her cousin, Changmin.

“What?! But it’s still in warranty! Shouldn’t I get a refund on this? Or at least a brand new laptop?” Ayumi yelled at the top of her lungs, catching the attention of other customers in the store.

“Ayumi-ah, what’s wrong?” Changmin came over, trying to asses the situation in hand. He knew that his cousin has quite a temper just like him. Seeing her throw a tantrum might not be the nicest thing in a public place.

“This guy said I can’t get a refund! But it’s still in warranty!”

“The warranty is only for repairing the laptop or replacing their parts for free, not exchanging it with a new one.” The man at the counter tried to explain.

“That’s the same!” she yelled back.

At that moment, Park Yoochun was watching the whole scene with much interest. After a few minutes into the argument, he decided to interfere. “Is there a problem here?”

Upon hearing the voice of authority, the workers in the store turned to his direction and bowed at his appearance. Changmin, Jihye and Ayumi stared curiously at him, wondering what had just happened.

“Yoochun-sshi, it’s nice to meet you here.” Changmin greeted him first, acknowledging Yoochun who has been Yunho’s business partner.

“Ah, Yunho’s personal assistant Shim Changmin if I’m not mistaken?” he smiled and nodded, before shifting his attention to the two ladies.

“I’m Jihye. Jung Yunho’s younger sister.” Jihye bowed with a smile.

Changmin intercepted suddenly. “And my girlfriend. How’s your injury sir?”

“I’m still on a few days leave. Just taking a stroll since I’m bored at home.”

“What brings you here out of all places?” Jihye asked.

“My family own this mall.” He simply replied.

Meanwhile the other girl had no interest with the new guest in the scene. She was still preoccupied with her refund issues. She was trying to negotiate with the staffs, but her calm self didn’t last long before she started yelling again.

Jihye tried to compromise with her. “Ayumi, calm down. Let’s just buy a new one ok?”

“Something wrong here?” Yoochun asked again, coming to the real reason why he interfered.

“This miss here bought a laptop here a few weeks ago and she’s asking for a refund now. But it’s not stated in the warranty.” One of the worker explained.

Yoochun took the piece of paper and read the warranty rules and regulations before he spoke. “He’s right miss. Refunds are only available a few days after you bought the laptop.”

Feeling suspicious, Ayumi took the paper from him and read it herself. The angry frown on her face turned sullen when she realised her fault.

“Maybe we can offer you to buy a brand new one? I guaranteed it is much better than the old one.” Yoochun suggested.

“I saved a lot to buy that one.” She mumbled silently to herself.

Ayumi was close to tears at the moment. She saved her own money to buy herself a new laptop. It’s the money she collected from doing a few part-time jobs while studying. She has been using it for a few weeks now. All her assignments and hard work were stored in there. It seemed now that it will all go in vain.

“I’m sorry to trouble you.” She bowed before leaving, fastening her pace before anyone could see her forming tears.


Ever since they became parents, Ji Eun and Yunho had countless of sleepless nights. The twins slept a lot, but mostly in the day. In the middle of the night, they would wake up twice. It’s either Jiho would cry and wake up first followed by Jiyool or vice versa. Ji Eun was very tired , she had to rock the babies to sleep constantly for an hour or so, or else the babies would wake up.

The twins slept together with them on the bed. When they woke up twice, Ji Eun would have to either change their diapers, rock them back to sleep or feed them when they’re hungry. Yunho would occasionally help her, but sometimes she would just let him sleep since he must be tired from work too.

She never once complained about this. She knew that it is her duty as a mother and as a new parent, she would have to learn a lot. Every second that she spent with her babies was very precious to her. She now knew how her mother felt, a connection between the babies and their mother are very strong.

Ji Eun got a lot of help from her mother. Hyesun taught her everything she needs to know about being a mother. Since the couple were staying at Hyesun’s house, she would help Ji Eun take care of the babies in the day.

That night, Ji Eun suddenly woke up when she heard a faint cry very familiar to Jiyool’s. She woke up and observed her surroundings, Yunho and Jiyool was nowhere in sight and there was a pillow barrier beside Jiho. The baby boy was sleeping soundly on the bed as Ji Eun tucked his blankets closer to keep him warm. She then went to find her husband and daughter.

Ji Eun found them in the living room, but she stopped in her tracks when she saw him. Jiyool was leaning confortably on his chest, cheeks turned sideways on his left shoulder. Yunho was rocking her softly and patting her back lightly while humming to a lullaby. He would occasionally kissed the baby’s head, checking if she was fully asleep while rocking her some more.

The mother slowly approached them with a smile. It was a very heartwarming scene for her. This was the first time Yunho would rock Jiyool to sleep on his own. Yunho saw his wife approaching as they exchanged warm smiles.

She gave him a light kiss on his lips before kissing Jiyool. “I think she’s fully asleep now.”

“I’ll tuck her in bed myself.” Yunho replied as they walked back to their room.

Ji Eun watched him lovingly tucking Jiyool to sleep with gentleness and care before wishing the both the babies sweet dreams. He turned to his wife and hugged her tightly.

“Aren’t you tired Yunnie? You should’ve wake me up too.” The wife asked in his embrace.

“I see you always sleep less nowadays and I want to help too. You must be tired of waking up every night.” He rubbed her back soothingly with his chin brushing softly on her hair.

“It’s my duty as a mother. Besides, I’m used to it now.” She replied as they both stared lovingly at the babies sleeping.

“It’s my duty as a husband to help my wife. I should get used to it too.” Yunho responded.

Ji Eun chuckled to herself as Yunho stared curiously at her. “But you can’t feed them.”

Yunho blinked and smiled sheepishly in response. “I’ll wake you up for that.”

“Shouldn’t we be getting back to sleep?” she asked.

“Just wait a little while, I missed hugging you like this.” They hugged for a couple of minutes before sharing a kiss and getting back to bed.

TO BE CONTINUED...

updated! comments please...

what do you think of this story so far? I think i'm ending it soon after I settle a couple of issues, misunderstandings and drama in this story. hope yo guys will enjoy this story till the last chapter! thanks for always supporting me <3