Father's Advice and A Surprise

Something Called Love...

“Yunho-ah, can I have a word with you?” Lee Sugeun suddenly approached Yunho one morning.

“Of course dad.” Yunho nodded as his father-in-law dragged him somewhere quite in the house.

Once Sugeun made sure they were alone, he spoke, “I’m going back home today. I just want to remind you some things about Ji Eun,” his tone was serious.

Yunho suddenly felt nervous, but he kept calm and nodded as he listened intently. He knew Sugeun wasn’t the strict type of father-in-law.

“First, please take a good care of her. She’s my only daughter and I only want to see her happy. You’ve probably figured by now how naïve and innocent she can be right?” Sugeun asked.

Yunho chuckled, remembering all the incidents that happened between them, “Yes dad, I know. She’s too cute for her own good,”

Sugeun smiled, seeing Yunho’s reaction, “Ji Eun’s very obedient, loyal and patient. You won’t believe how patient and forgiving she could be. Sometimes… I’m afraid she’ll hurt herself,”

“Hurt herself? What do you mean dad?” Yunho asked curiously as he pulled Sugeun to sit down.

“She… Ji Eun… may not be the person you think she is. She may look tough, carefree and sometimes ignorant, but deep down she’s sensitive… fragile.”

Yunho listened intently as Sugeun continued, “She doesn’t like to trouble people. That’s why she never shows what she feels to people. If she’s hurt, sad, she’ll hide them all. Ji Eun doesn’t want people to worry about her Yunho-ah,”

Yunho was shocked to hear the truth about his own wife. He never really knew much about her. Ji Eun always seemed to try and understand him, but he never tried to understand his wife.

“I never trusted my daughter to anyone before. But looking at you Jung Yunho, I know she’ll be in good hands. You’ve helped and saved her before, I’m sure you can help and save her again,” Sugeun patted his shoulders.

“Help? Saved her before? What do you mean dad? Before the marriage, I’ve never met Ji Eun,” Yunho asked, confusion written all over his face.

Sugeun raised an eyebrow, “You… didn’t remember? The past, how you… that’s the reason we arranged you both to marry Yunho-ah,”

“I thought, it’s because you are good friends with my parents,” Yunho stated. “What about my past dad?”

“That’s… for you to figure out by yourself,” Sugeun sighed.

“B-but dad…”

“Now, promise me you’ll take good care of Ji Eun. She’s still young, never experienced love before in her life. And I hope you can give her that,”

“I… I promise dad,” Yunho felt his tongue tied to answer that plea. He didn’t want to disappoint his father-in-law, but he still doesn’t know about his feelings for Ji Eun.

“And Yunho, I will have you responsible if anything happens to Ji Eun, arasso?”

“I understand dad.” Yunho nodded, unsure of himself.


“Ji Eun-ah, you seriously have to teach me how to cook. I mean your cookings are amazing!” Jihye pleaded as she peeked over the pot of soup made by Ji Eun.

“Anniyo, it’s nothing unnie,” she sook her head as she stirred the soup.

“Aish, seriously you cook better than anyone else in this house. I have to say, I’ve never see Yunho oppa eat with so admiration!” Jihye squealed,  almost knocking over the salt.

Jihye was actually on a mission to find out Ji Eun’s true feelings for Yunho. She already knew how Yunho feel about his wife, so it’s time to hear from her sister-in-law’s point of view.

Ji Eun stopped stirring and turned to her unnie, “R-really?”

“Dae, he might even turn chubby one day.” Jihye nodded convincingly.

Ji Eun imagined how a chubby Yunho might be as she giggled at the thought, “Gyeopta.”

“So… Ji Eun-ah, do you like Yunho oppa?” Jihye whispered, leaning closer to her ear.

“W-well, oppa is… my husband. S-s-so, uhm… yeah sure,” Ji Eun nodded, trying to make herself busy by rummaging for something in the cabinet.

“Aigoo~ you’re blushing already! It’s true right?”

“Anniyo unnie~!”

“Of course, I’m wrong! It’s love right? You love Yunho oppa,” Jihye clapped her hands once, realizing her mistake.

“Honestly… I-I don’t know.” Ji Eun confessed. “Unnie, I’ve never been in a relationship before. I don’t even think I have crushes,”

“Eh? Is that possible? Who wouldn’t like a cute girl like you?”

Ji Eun shook her head, “I went to girls school for elementary and high school. Mom won’t let me go anywhere except for school. Even my close friends have to come over my house,”

“Hmm… I didn’t mean to say this but, your mom is weird?” Jihye whispered while looking around if anyone heard her.

Ji Eun just shrugged her shoulders, “No matter what her attitudes are, she’s still my mother unnie. I just have to accept her for who she is,”

“Yunho oppa, doesn’t realize he’s lucky to have you Ji Eun-ah,” Jihye sighed, patting her shoulders. 


“Are you sure you don’t want to stay here longer?” Ji Eun pouted as they were sending her parents out the door.

“Sorry sweety, no one’s taking care of the company. Besides, we don’t want to disturb you two,” Sugeun caressed her cheeks lovingly.

“I want to stay longer, but it’s your dad,” Yejin rolled her eyes as she scoffed.

Misun commented, “Well, you can come here anytime you want. Our doors are always open for you. We’re family now right?”

Sugeun nodded and thanked them, not forgetting to remind Yunho to take good care of his daughter again. Ji Eun hugged her father tightly, not wanting to let him go so soon. Her tears were welding up in her eyes, as Yunho slowly pried his wife from the hug.

After their car has gone out of sight, everyone went back inside except for the couple. Ji Eun had a sad look on her face, thinking when she’ll be able to meet her father again.

“Oppa... can I hug you?” she asked in a pleading tone. She was sad and needed a hug, Yunho’s hug always managed to calm her down.

Not bothering to answer, Yunho circled his arms around his wife, engulfing her in a comforting hug. “Sure.”

Ji Eun was stunned for a moment before returning the hug, “Thanks.”

Yunho knew she needed that hug. He knew how close she was to her father after talking to him just now. He remembered about the promise he made earlier.

After hugging for a few minutes, they walked back inside hand in hand. As the doors closed, Misun held a piece of paper in front of their faces.

“Uhm, omma what is this?” Yunho asked, taking the paper from his mother.

Misun smiled, “Now that the wedding party is over, you guys have to go for a honeymoon!” she clapped excitedly.

“Huh? H-honeymoon?” Ji Eun widened her eyes in disbelieve.

“Yup, you guys have been married for six months already remember? Yet you’ve only met for two weeks, you should spend more time with each other,” Jihye butted in.

“But what about work? I still have tons of work in the office,” Yunho reasoned, like a busy man that he is.

Hyundong patted his son’s shoulders, “I’ll take care of them for now, you should think about Ji Eun too Yunho-ah,”

Ji Eun and Yunho exchanged glances with each other as they shrugged their shoulders. The wife felt very happy, but she wasn’t hoping for a honeymoon considering how busy her husband could be.

“Pack up and get ready. The flight to Jeju is tomorrow,”

“Tomorrow?” the couple said in unison, shocked.


 

updated! just for you readers~

i hope this chapter is not boring. i had a minor writer's block cuz i have to study for an exam.

thnx for reading, subscribing & commenting~! <3 ya!