The Families Secrets

Something Called Love...

“Aish, ever since Ji Eun is gone, I have to make sure everything is ready here,” Yejin whined to herself.

Ji Eun went for almost a week now, but Yejin was starting regret sending her off. It wasn’t the fact that she had to do all the household chores, it was the fact that they had to hire more maid to do all the job in the house. Usually, it’s only Kim Nayoung and Ji Eun who had to do all the chores. Yejin simply needed to sit and relax because Ji Eun did almost half of all the work in the house by herself.

“There’s a use of that kid in this house. Besides, I don’t have to pay her.” Yejin wondered as a thought came to her mind.

“I’m starting to regret marrying her off. She even get to stay with a wealthier family.”

Yejin was starting to have second thoughts of Ji Eun as her husband entered the dining room for breakfast.

“Lee Sugeun, what’s with that face?” Yejin nudged her husband who was sitting on the dining table.

Sugeun didn’t touch his breakfast as he was deep in thoughts. He didn’t even look alive anymore. His face were scrunched up in worry with a face that looked older than his supposed age. He had been dealing with a lot of things lately, until he neglected himself.

“Is it about work again? I thought it’s settled?” the wife commented.

“It’s not. We just lost the biggest contract of the year and I even have to pay for the damages,” the husband complained, leaning against the chair.

Yejin scoffed as if the matter was not her concern. “It’s not so hard isn’t it? Just pay them and then it’s settled!”

“You don’t understand Yejin-ah, our company doesn’t have much money left. I’ve used it for the investment… though that went down the drain too,” Sugeun’s face didn’t have much life in it anymore. His company has been having bad news everyday.

“Aish, why do I have a stupid husband like you? Wasn’t the problem was suppose to settle once we married Ji Eun off?” Yejin suggested what she had in mind.

Sugeun’s blood started to boil at that statement. He couldn’t control his anger as he snapped. “Stop it! How many times do I have to tell you that money wasn’t the reason I married her off!”

“So? It’s because you’re indebted with them right? She should’ve been left to die in the first place!” she stood up from her seat as her voice went louder to the point where everyone in the household could hear her.

“Yah, Lee Yejin! How could you say that about your daughter?” Sugeun too stood up from his seat, smacking his fists on the table.

“She’s not!” Yejin yelled, as she stormed off to her bedroom. Leaving her husband sighing heavily at their fight. Sugeun rubbed his temples weakly as he realized how much he missed Ji Eun. 


Yunho thought that the breakfast he had that morning was the best one he had ever had in his life. He wouldn’t usually eat a lot for breakfast but he was already on his second round of Beijing fried rice.

His family watched in amazement at the rare sight of Yunho. Misun was the only who knew that their breakfast was made by Ji Eun. She too had to admit at her amazing cooking skills, the food was delicious. She decided to hide that fact from Yunho.

Ji Eun watched Yunho with curiosity as she was starting to have a tingling feeling inside her. She couldn’t deny feeling relieved and happy seeing her husband enjoying her cooking. After all, the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.

Misun decided to break the silence. “Yunho-ah, come home earlier this friday okay?”

“Why omma?” he swallowed before replying to his mother.

“We need to go for a fitting session for your wedding party.” His mother simply replied.

Yunho almost choked before turning to face his mother with a perplexed look on his face. “W-wedding p-party?”

“Yes, your father and I figured that you guys should at least have a wedding party. Since you and Ji Eun were not properly married in a church.” Misun nodded, sipping her morning tea.

“Everyone needs to know that you both are married. Ah, we could even hold a proper wedding for you two.” Hyundong commented while adding a suggestion.

“Uh! Can I be the bridesmaid?” Jihye who just joined them entered the conversation as soon as she heard them talking about it.

“Well, what do you think about it Ji Eun-ah?” Misun asked her daughter-in-law who just stared as the conversation took place.

“E-eh? Me? S-sure.” Ji Eun nodded, trying to hide the faint blush on her cheeks when she heard about the wedding party.

Both Ji Eun and Yunho had mixed feelings about this wedding party. It was the time when they will tell the public about their marriage that started six months ago.


“I think it’s time we pay someone a little visit.” Yejin smiled to herself while dialing a number.

“Hello, is this the Jung’s house? It’s me Lee Yejin, Ji Eun’s mother.”

“Ahh, Yejin-sshi it’s so nice to hear from you. I’m Misun.”

“Misun-sshi, if it’s not bothering, would you mind of we visit Ji Eun? Her father has been missing her so much, besides we want to see our son-in-law too.”

“That would be great! Ji Eun would be happy to see you. I was just about to call you. You see, we decided to do a wedding party for them next week.”

“Sounds great! That is something I could never miss…”


 

updated! hope you enjoy the story!

thanx for reading! I really appreciate the comments & thnx for subscribing~<3